Player Discussion Riley Nash

Status
Not open for further replies.

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
like i said, one of jfk or frederic will be a bruin next season. the frederic signing has been predetermined since november. now you decide if nash or krejci should be here... i believe it's nash.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
like i said, one of jfk or frederic will be a bruin next season. the frederic signing has been predetermined since november. now you decide if nash or krejci should be here... i believe it's nash.
So after one good season as a 3rd liner by Nash (in a contract year) we are ready to cast away Krejci? Lol this place sometimes.....

I'm a huge Nash fan, but it shouldn't be between him or Krejci at all. It's between him and if they believe a kid is ready to take his spot.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

I disagree

JFK has had a less than stellar/average year down at providence. He still needs to fill out before we consider him a serious threat to make the lineup next season

Frederic may make it...but he is still so young, don't get your hopes up

If Donato can play center at the NHL level, he maybe able to replace Nash.

I do agree if its between Nash or Krejci, rather keep Nash. But Krejci can't be traded until end of next season

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
I disagree

JFK has had a less than stellar/average year down at providence. He still needs to fill out before we consider him a serious threat to make the lineup next season

Frederic may make it...but he is so young still, don't get your hopes up

If Donato can play center at the NHL level, he maybe able to replace Nash.

I do agree if its between Nash or Krejci, rather keep Nash. But Krejci can't be traded until end of next season
i've seen all but 4 home games jfk has played this year. he is an outstanding pro center and would be on the nhl rosters of quite a few teams in this league. i refuse to retract my point about krejci being a less effective player overall than riley nash.

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
So after one good season as a 3rd liner by Nash (in a contract year) we are ready to cast away Krejci? Lol this place sometimes.....

I'm a huge Nash fan, but it shouldn't be between him or Krejci at all. It's between him and if they believe a kid is ready to take his spot.
i have been "ready" to "cast away" krejci since before nash proved what type of player he can be in a high-tempo system with gifted players.

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
it's unreal to me how someone can watch dk game after game and not see he is purely the beneficiary of his linemates' efforts at this point in his career. i love him, i love this player. he is gone. his legs are dead. he is an anchor.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
it's unreal to me how someone can watch dk game after game and not see he is purely the beneficiary of his linemates' efforts at this point in his career. i love him, i love this player. he is gone. his legs are dead. he is an anchor.

What's unreal to me is that after 300+ games of being a good 4th liner, people are looking at Riley Nash's season and saying they're comfortable with him centering the 2nd line because he's now magically going to be a 45 point player going forward

Reactions: Estlin

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
i've seen all but 4 home games jfk has played this year. he is an outstanding pro center and would be on the nhl rosters of quite a few teams in this league. i refuse to retract my point about krejci being a less effective player overall than riley nash.

I disagree and so does Cassidy/Sweeney. Otherwise he would have been called up at least once or twice this season

he is not ready in the physical department/ability to handle the grind at the NHL level

This is a key upcoming offseason for him. 10-12 pounds of mass is in order

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Nash should be re-signed at an AAV of around 3.8 million or less. If anyone thinks the season Nash is having is a "fluke" or not sustainable going forward, they are completely wrong. This is a talented, high-IQ player who has found a new level of confidence and is now showing why he was a first round draft pick.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Nash should be re-signed at an AAV of around 3.8 million or less. If anyone thinks the season Nash is having is a "fluke" or not sustainable going forward, they are completely wrong. This is a talented, high-IQ player who has found a new level of confidence and is now showing why he was a first round draft pick.

I agree except 3.8 is too much

Management should aim for 3 million per season. Nash prob will stay even if offered 3.2 or 3.3 elsewhere , as the Bruins gave him a chance to rebuild his career

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
What's unreal to me is that after 300+ games of being a good 4th liner, people are looking at Riley Nash's season and saying they're comfortable with him centering the 2nd line because he's now magically going to be a 45 point player going forward

id be interested the cross over between these fans and how many wanted khobodin as our starter?

i year abberations dont outweigh a career. nash did himself proud with this showing and deserves to cashout a payday but whoever gives him 3 mill per year will have the next matt stajan on their team

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Some one is going to over pay for him - hopefully its not Sweeney. I think the true Nash is closer to what we watched last season than the Nash we've gotten this season.

Wrong, Nash has come into his own in his mid-late 20s just like Marchand 2 seasons ago. After watching Nash make great plays all over the ice ALL SEASON LONG, how can you claim that this is a fluke.

Banded Peak

Apr 15, 2015
Because it's a guy having a career year in a contract year. As if that doesn't happen all the time? Marchand may have ramped it up the last couple years but he's put up good numbers every full year he's played in the league. I'd be wary if I were DS.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Wrong, Nash has come into his own in his mid-late 20s just like Marchand 2 seasons ago. After watching Nash make great plays all over the ice ALL SEASON LONG, how can you claim that this is a fluke.

Nash and Marchand are a year apart in age.

Marchand has always shown flashes of greatness, dating back to his rookie year. This is the first time in his pro career that Nash has shown some offensive consistency. This is most likely a career year/fluke.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta

Don't compare Nash and marchand in anything. They aren't comparable.

Nash is having a good season and his numbers are largely a product of playing with great players. Rewarding that with a nearly 4 million AAV contract is beyond foolish.

Reactions: Estlin

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Love Nash, but I am siding with those who are reluctant to sign him as more than a 4th line forward. He seems like the exact guy who is peaking this year and is unlikely to replicate this season. IMO Sweeney is too smart to sign him because he will probably command $3m+.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
How quickly we forget the Kelly contract debacle. Riley playing well and is really solid at 3C but he’s 29 years old in a contract year. His career high in points up til now is 25 points. Don’t overpay a guy nearing 30 years old having a career season. Offer him a fair short term deal and hope he takes it. If not, good luck to him elsewhere.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
How quickly we forget the Kelly contract debacle. Riley playing well and is really solid at 3C but he’s 29 years old in a contract year. His career high in points up til now is 25 points. Don’t overpay a guy nearing 30 years old having a career season. Offer him a fair short term deal and hope he takes it. If not, good luck to him elsewhere.

Something that also shouldn’t be forgotten with his career year. He’s spent a lot of time playing top 6 minutes this season. He’s produced, which is nice, because he’s shown he can move up if needed, but they can’t be paying him off the assumption he’ll produce like this if he isn’t given the opportunity to move up more.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Yup I’m not resigning any of our UFAs. We already have Backes and Krejci to anchor the 2nd and 3rd lines. Let the youth fight for spots. So many players that could make this team out of camp next year.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
I’d said this last night in game thread. This guy is the 7th player and has earned the contract he will get. But I don’t think it should or will be here. With JFK and Frederic so close I think it would be a mistake to pay him the $3 million+ a year I think he will get. Especially with McAvoy, Carlo, Heinen, and Donato all restricted after next season. Can’t pay everyone. That’s what got Chiarelli in trouble.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Something that also shouldn’t be forgotten with his career year. He’s spent a lot of time playing top 6 minutes this season. He’s produced, which is nice, because he’s shown he can move up if needed, but they can’t be paying him off the assumption he’ll produce like this if he isn’t given the opportunity to move up more.
If Chiarelli were still GM he’d already have offered Riley a 4yr/ 20m contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad