Rielly vs Ristolainen

• Rielly

• Ristolainen

Results are only viewable after voting.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
You think Risto has played well this year? His possession numbers are better over a 13 game sample (which is really nothing as most of these take a larger sample size to actually be reflective or offer value in future predictions).
The pairing has been good.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
17 points in 20 games for Rielly. This is getting hilarious.
How so? Risto is on IR so he can't exactly do anything atm and still has more points than any other D on the team....you think Risto would have a hard time putting up points healthy on the Leafs?

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
How so? Risto is on IR so he can't exactly do anything atm and still has more points than any other D on the team....you think Risto would have a hard time putting up points healthy on the Leafs?

Rielly has been a huge part of the Leafs success this season. Leafs wouldn't be doing as well with Risto.

Rielly on the Sabres would be a game-changer for Buffalo.

17 points in 20 games. Damn Rielly, I always knew he would be a stellar player but he is just blowing my mind this season.

Reactions: TDK88

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Are you still upset that Matthews is 10x the player that Laine is?

Provide stats to support your claim that Risto is better

Haha, that's not true at all. Laine > Matthews, it isn't even close.

Stats doesn't tell shit. Teammates counts very much at stats. Just watch how he plays. difference is huge.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016

Stats doesn't tell ****. Teammates counts very much at stats. Just watch how he plays. difference is huge.
Yeah I watch and see Laine float around and even other Jets fans have complained a lot. There must be something you see that hundreds of scouts, media and hockey executives don't.

DatSnipeMatthews

Oct 5, 2017
Canada

Stats doesn't tell ****. Teammates counts very much at stats. Just watch how he plays. difference is huge.

Should I make a poll?

Reactions: TDK88

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

Hence why Laine was even close last year to Matthews due to Matthews only playing with other rookies (Hyman, Nylander and Brown), while Laine played with a legitimate #1C, and now Laine fans are complaining because he's playing with linemates of Matthews quality last year (still probably better). Matthews just scored two goals playing with Matt Martin.

Reactions: 1specter and TDK88

Albi34

Feb 14, 2010

Teammates count yes... but I’m unclear if you’re talking about Matthews playing with hyman, or last night when he scored 2 goals playing with matt martin. Which example of teammates are you referring to?

Reactions: my name is Bob

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Teammates count yes... but I’m unclear if you’re talking about Matthews playing with hyman, or last night when he scored 2 goals playing with matt martin. Which example of teammates are you referring to?
I assume that terrible 4th line center who should be waived in Brian Little (aka, a legitimate and generally solid 2nd line center) and the puck hog Ehlers (who is a good young player in his own right).

Reactions: Albi34

Mar 26, 2010
Rielly is only 23 and has taken monumental steps forward in developing into the #1D. The kid is looking like a total stud out there now. Mike Babcock has done wonders for him!

Rielly always had the skill and potential to be that stud #1 D.

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
those are not their 5 on 5 stats.
You're right, they're actually better.
8949c171a7.png

f71a24dd23.png

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
You're right, they're actually better.
8949c171a7.png

f71a24dd23.png
weird, for me Corsica listed Scandella at a 47% corsi and 49% xgf. Risto was at 49.8% and 47% xgf. I assume that's only a measure of the two of them on the ice together? I didn't know you could do that. I guess what it means is that as a pair they've been good, but as individuals and overall on the season they haven't been. Considering this thread is about Risto individually i'd say that's more significant

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
weird, for me Corsica listed Scandella at a 47% corsi and 49% xgf. Risto was at 49.8% and 47% xgf. I assume that's only a measure of the two of them on the ice together? I didn't know you could do that. I guess what it means is that as a pair they've been good, but as individuals and overall on the season they haven't been. Considering this thread is about Risto individually i'd say that's more significant
I really couldn't care less what they play like with Nathan Beaulieu and Justin Falk as their top pairing partners. The only issue Risto ever had was a bad partner. Weird how two #4 defensemen somehow formed an NHL level top pairing though!

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
alright guys im calling it. Rielly with nearly 2/3 the vote

thanks for coming out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad