ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I'm not much for the blind faith in the organization argument, they aren't infallible

I came in with support for my position and your counter was "you are not as smart as them", made it about me not the position, personal by definition

Do you actually believe we know better than Leafs management?

I made the comment about all of us. Unless you aren't part of us?

I'll state right here I don't think we are qualified to correct Leafs management, certainly we can discuss it and have different opinions but sometimes reality does come into it.

Anyone saying a player, in the NHL employed and receiving minutes by a professional NHL coaching staff, who have all the metrics in the world in addition to seeing the players on and off the ice and knowing what happens during the game and knowing the options they have available, isn't suitable doesn't make it true because we have some metrics.

However, if I've offended you I apologize.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I made the comment about all of us. Unless you aren't part of us?

I'll state right here I don't think we are qualified to correct Leafs management, certainly we can discuss it and have different opinions but sometimes reality does come into it.

Anyone saying a player, in the NHL employed and receiving minutes by a professional NHL coaching staff, who have all the metrics in the world in addition to seeing the players on and off the ice and knowing what happens during the game and knowing the options they have available, isn't suitable doesn't make it true because we have some metrics.

However, if I've offended you I apologize.
fair enough, I misinterpreted, my bad.

seems sorta pointless to have this whole forum if we're not talking about what the team is doing, and the fact that we just passed the 50th year without a championship should be plenty of highlight that our management groups have been very fallible so I don't subscribe to that appeal to authority position at all. They get paid the big bucks and criticism for things not going well should be expected, especially when there's decisions that are being made that seem to contradict what the measures of performance are saying they should do personnel wise

I'm sure that they have the metrics, we have a lot of them too, and they say that Polak is not very good so unless they are working with something internally that's so wildly different from what we have that it says the opposite I don't think they're factoring it in to their decisions, or at least not heavily. Now I can understand the need for PK minute eaters with Zaitsev out, and for a media bullet shield for the kids so we'll see what happens when Zaitsev returns but I'm still firmly in the camp that if the kids are playing better than Polak then his job should be up for grabs as well, and that he should only play when he earns it or when the situation calls for his particular skillset

If management is following another set of criteria that they have reason to believe is more accurate and paints Polak in a more positive light, or there's a particular plan in place that they want Polak in the lineup for and they've communicated it to the kids so that the kids don't see them preaching a meritocracy to the media and playing less deserving vets over them as talking out of both sides of their mouth then that would be fine too. Just concerns me that the kids think they're playing better than Polak (which seems to be the case to me by a wide margin) and aren't stealing his job the way that what Babcock says publicly makes it seem like they should based on what they're doing. Its easy to turn performers into non-performers when they don't know what's expected of them, or they feel like they've delivered and don't get the promised rewards

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->