Player Discussion Rickard Rakell

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
What's also impressive about his year is that he's been without Getzlaf for 20 games, and his statline in those games is 5-12-17, good for a 0.85 P/G, which is only a little below his pace for the entire season. He scores less goals but the production is still there.

Reactions: AngelDuck

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Can we call Rakell a consistent 30 goal scorer just like Leaf fans do for JVR? I mean, Rakell has two seasons with at least 30 goals while JVR only has one.

A consistent 30 goal scorer who they want to trade for almost every defenseman in the NHL.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
We got 2 of our top 3 players now just because Ottawa took Noesen before us and Brian Burke loved the mental and physical toughness of Tyler Biggs very much. Crazy. Thank God!

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I remember being happy with if he could become a solid 2nd/3rd line guy at the NHL level when we drafted him, but his rate of development since going pro has been phenomenal, I don't recall a Ducks draft pick off the top of my head who has improved at such a level after turning pro like Rakell has. Barely PPG in the OHL (without any huge offensive seasons) to a constant 30 goalscorer at the NHL level is pretty impressive.

Reactions: Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I remember being happy with if he could become a solid 2nd/3rd line guy at the NHL level when we drafted him, but his rate of development since going pro has been phenomenal, I don't recall a Ducks draft pick off the top of my head who has improved at such a level after turning pro like Rakell has. Barely PPG in the OHL (without any huge offensive seasons) to a constant 30 goalscorer at the NHL level is pretty impressive.
Well, there is Getz who is below PPG in WHL but I believe his first half season in the AHL he was something like 1.5 PPG or so. Basically, he came in like a wrecking ball in the pro game. Rakell was slower in that regard but boy... he`s good now. Consistant progress year to year

Reactions: DaGeneral

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
If were going off leaf metrics... rakell is a consistant 35+ goal scorer

Leaf metrics (noun) A statistical anomaly that tries to give the impression thatToronto Maple Leaf hockey players produce a level above what they actually do. Useful in terms of attempting to convince opposing teams' fans to agree to "trade" their best players to the Maple Leafs. "JVR is a consistent 30 goal scorer, so you should trade us Hampus Lindholm for him."

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Leaf metrics (noun) A statistical anomaly that tries to give the impression thatToronto Maple Leaf hockey players produce a level above what they actually do. Useful in terms of attempting to convince opposing teams' fans to agree to "trade" their best players to the Maple Leafs. "JVR is a consistent 30 goal scorer, so you should trade us Hampus Lindholm for him."

Dont forget about conner brown... he was a sure thing to hit 30 goals and 50 points.... we should have moved vatanen for him

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Don't forget that we made a mistake by not moving Vatanen for a rental JVR. :laugh:

Hey remember Brown + 2nd for fowler was okay, but kapanen + 2nd was their breaking point.

And let us not forget about the great Timothy "Orr" Liljegren

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Here's to hoping Ricky can pot 4 more points in the 4 games that remain. 70 points would be an awesome feat.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
we really need to get better on the powerplay. So many teams just feadt off of their pp and we always just look lost out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->