Status
Not open for further replies.

Ejh18

Mar 3, 2003
Columbus
Visit site
luongofan said:
Read. Analyze. Post.

I surely doubt he had no intent of starting the "who is better" or "who should have been #1" threads we have all seen regarding the 2002 draft.

Oh yea, I have ABSOLUTELY nothing against Nash. I think he and Bo are great players and have helped silence the people who claimed that 2002 was "weak".

Ok. Lets try this again.

Del asked some peoples opinions, and whether they have changed.

You respond with.

luongofan said:
If you can't spell the guys name (BOUWMEESTER), don't act like you know a thing about him. Bouwmeester is as good a young defenseman as many of us have ever seen.

Del never said anything about Bo not being good. Del never acted like he knew about JBo. Infact he didnt say anything about him at all, so you for you to attack him is off base. All he did was ask if anyone had changed their opinions...

I do, doubt he wanted to start that thread. If he did, he would have. Instead he was asking if anyone had changed their mind since Nash has been on fire.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
luongofan said:
If you can't spell the guys name (BOUWMEESTER), don't act like you know a thing about him. .

If spelling the name correctly translates into to knowing the player or not, than not a whole lot of people know about FedOrov.

Rattrick

Oct 31, 2002
Orlando, FL
www.rattrick.com
Ejh18 said:
Ok. Lets try this again.

Del asked some peoples opinions, and whether they have changed.

You respond with.

Del never said anything about Bo not being good. Del never acted like he knew about JBo. Infact he didnt say anything about him at all, so you for you to attack him is off base. All he did was ask if anyone had changed their opinions...

I do, doubt he wanted to start that thread. If he did, he would have. Instead he was asking if anyone had changed their mind since Nash has been on fire.

Perception is what you believe it to be buddy!

Ejh18

Mar 3, 2003
Columbus
Visit site
luongofan said:
Perception is what you believe it to be buddy!

You can talk about perception all you want to. When you are ready to talk about what you ACTUALLY wrote then we can talk.

You seem to dodge the fact of what you said. And what Del said. Its as simple as that...

Del Griffith

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
Nothin' like my boys getting my back while I'm away ... thanks for understanding and reading (and comprehending, ahem) my post.

Who put sandpaper on Luongofan's toilet seat?

I was merely making an attempt to give Maclean credit where credit is definitely due. He stuck his neck out with a risky deal - but it is one that is paying huge dividends for the BJ's. Many on here called Maclean a fool for the deal. I just wondered if people had changed their minds now that Nash is, well, Nash.

As far my spelling error ... I think it's a little forgiveable, given the oddness of the name. Your lack of reading comprehension and failure to identify a thread's main point hints at stupidity. Bowmeister (I'll spell it my way) really had nothing to do with my post. See, you have to weed through the supporting details sometimes to discover the author's purpose. Keep practicing, Luongofan.

st_roland

Del Griffith said:
Nothin' like my boys getting my back while I'm away ... thanks for understanding and reading (and comprehending, ahem) my post.

Who put sandpaper on Luongofan's toilet seat?

I was merely making an attempt to give Maclean credit where credit is definitely due. He stuck his neck out with a risky deal - but it is one that is paying huge dividends for the BJ's. Many on here called Maclean a fool for the deal. I just wondered if people had changed their minds now that Nash is, well, Nash.

As far my spelling error ... I think it's a little forgiveable, given the oddness of the name. Your lack of reading comprehension and failure to identify a thread's main point hints at stupidity. Bowmeister (I'll spell it my way) really had nothing to do with my post. See, you have to weed through the supporting details sometimes to discover the author's purpose. Keep practicing, Luongofan.

What deal did maclean make to move down, just wondering cause I didn't pay too much attention on draft day 2002?

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
st_roland said:
What deal did maclean make to move down, just wondering cause I didn't pay too much attention on draft day 2002?

He swapped picks with the Panthers (3rd overall to 1st) in 2002, and gave the Panthers the right to swap first round picks in 2003. The Panthers also gave something to the Thrashers to make sure that they didn't take J-Bo.

The order last season based on standings were...

1. Carolina
2. Pittsburgh
3. Florida
4. Columbus

Dudley got what he wanted out of the deal, his combine percentage to win the lottery was greater than the team that finished last. MacLean also got what he wanted because alot of other teams were offering the top 3 teams in 2002 alot of stuff to draft J-Bo, Nash or Lehtonen.

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
luongofan said:
If you can't spell the guys name (BOUWMEESTER), don't act like you know a thing about him. Bouwmeester is as good a young defenseman as many of us have ever seen. I am not taking anything away from Nash, but Bouwmeester is a Heatley equivalent on defense. Bouwmeester and Heatley are probably equally touted and both showed it at the World Championships.

This is just a showing of what he (and a lot of the other young players who suffer on young teams -- including Nash) will be able to do as the teams develop around them.

In the case of Maclean, he drafted on his needs. CBJ already drafted Klesla and Leclaire, so it seemed like the right thing to draft a forward (therefore skipping Lehtonen and Bouwmeester).

That's a little bit of a naive comment. So just because you are not sure of a spelling on something means you have no clue on the subject? To be honest that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard bar none.

Rattrick

Oct 31, 2002
Orlando, FL
www.rattrick.com
Joey24 said:
That's a little bit of a naive comment. So just because you are not sure of a spelling on something means you have no clue on the subject? To be honest that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard bar none.

If I can't spell homicide, I am not going to claim to be a detective. I honestly laugh because most of you overlook the true meaning of his post but whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad