Rick Nash

Status
Not open for further replies.

st_roland

Man, this guy is unbelievable. Could he ever be as good as Thornton? I know Thornton wasn't playing like this when he was 19. What do you guys think of his development?

sundinfan13

Dec 26, 2002
New Jersey
Visit site
If he plays every game like tonights, he could be the best player in the NHL. He has like 35 percent of the Jackets goals. He could have had a hat trick tonight. Not to mention he is tough, physical, smart, and mature. Yes this guy is a complete package, and will emerge as the Blue Jackets leader if he hasn't already. He is THE best hockey player under 20.

Ejh18

Mar 3, 2003
Columbus
Visit site
I take it you guys watched his performance tonight.

And it seemed like he was all over the ice, all night long... but he only logged 16:17 tonight. Not a lot of time, but he was dominant when he was out there.

It felt like he played 20 or 25 mintues...

st_roland

Ejh18 said:
I take it you guys watched his performance tonight.

And it seemed like he was all over the ice, all night long... but he only logged 16:17 tonight. Not a lot of time, but he was dominant when he was out there.

It felt like he played 20 or 25 mintues...

Yeah, nash was frickin awesome tonight. You guys are real lucky to have a player like him to build a franchise around.

Del Griffith

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
.... so is Maclean still an idiot for moving up to take him in the draft? I recall a ton of mudslinging toward him for "risking THIS," "taking a chance THAT," yada yada. "Bowmeister is miles better," etc. etc. Anyone changing their minds here?

Yes, I know I know. It's too early to tell. Still ... what is everyone thinking?

st_roland

I haven't watched jbo much, but i dont see how he could be playing better than nash right now.

Slick Nick

Oct 29, 2003
Montréal
Visit site
Nash is just incredible...I've seen him play vs Montreal this year, and he was terrific! So fast, so strong, so smart on the ice...

He's one of the next superstars stars: Kovalchuk, Nash, Heatley, Zetterberg, Nagy, Bowmiester, Chistov, Datsyuk, Pitkanen etc.... can't wait to see these guys mature up.

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
MartinStLouis said:
Kovalchuk is best player under 20 PERIOD. Nash is maybe second with spezza and just ahead marc-andre fleury

Kovalchuk is 20 yr old... Period... :teach:

Nash is the best player under 20. Period...

Ejh18

Mar 3, 2003
Columbus
Visit site
CSKA said:
Hmmmmm lets see :

19 GP 11 G one A and -6 Hmmmmmmmmm One way player ! Dont you think ?

Look at the whole teams plus minus. No ones is very good.

One player ( And Erikson with 6 games) with a plus.

Also, His line is regularly shifted against the other teams top line. That line doesnt score a lot of goals at even strength ( No on else can bury the puck, besides nash)

He has been a lot better in the Defensive Zone this year. Is he great? not yet, but he has been making improvements and that comes with age...

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
CSKA said:
Hmmmmm lets see :

19 GP 11 G one A and -6 Hmmmmmmmmm One way player ! Dont you think ?

He needs a certain Russian sniper on his line, don't you think CSKA? :D

Seriously, he doesn't have a finisher on his line. Marchant doesn't have the best of hands and the 2nd line RW has been by committee so far (Letowski, McDonnell, Nedorost, Pirjeta, Vyborny, Knutsen, Wright have all played on his line so far this season). He's an underrated passer and the stats just don't show it.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Sir Ozzie X said:
Seriously, he doesn't have a finisher on his line. Marchant doesn't have the best of hands and the 2nd line RW has been by committee so far (Letowski, McDonnell, Nedorost, Pirjeta, Vyborny, Knutsen, Wright have all played on his line so far this season). He's an underrated passer and the stats just don't show it.

I mark your words for the next Kovalchuk debate :D :lol:

Doc_M

I can see him becoming as good as Thornton, although he may be a better scorer but less of a playmaker. Then it is hard to assess his playmaking abilities with such linemates...

sundinfan13

Dec 26, 2002
New Jersey
Visit site
it's funny because he had so many good moves yesterday, and Legace was there for all of them. But he still scores a garbage goal. Since I don't get to see many games, is this how it usually is for Nasher???

Ejh18

Mar 3, 2003
Columbus
Visit site
sundinfan13 said:
it's funny because he had so many good moves yesterday, and Legace was there for all of them. But he still scores a garbage goal. Since I don't get to see many games, is this how it usually is for Nasher???

Nash will try any move, on anyone. And he isnt afraid to pay the price for it either. And he usually try's something new...

He scores the majority of his goals, in the dirty areas. He likes to camp out behind the crease with the puck, and he will make D-man Look silly back there. He has mastered passing the puck off the back of the net to himself while changing Direction and loosing the defender.

He scores a lot of his goals off of rebounds, within 10 feet or so. If you leave Nash unchecked within 10 feet you are going to get scored on. period.

He will also camp out in front of the goalie, and he is already giving d-men fits trying to move him... imagine when he adds another 15 lbs....

Rattrick

Oct 31, 2002
Orlando, FL
www.rattrick.com
Del Griffith said:
.... so is Maclean still an idiot for moving up to take him in the draft? I recall a ton of mudslinging toward him for "risking THIS," "taking a chance THAT," yada yada. "Bowmeister is miles better," etc. etc. Anyone changing their minds here?

Yes, I know I know. It's too early to tell. Still ... what is everyone thinking?

If you can't spell the guys name (BOUWMEESTER), don't act like you know a thing about him. Bouwmeester is as good a young defenseman as many of us have ever seen. I am not taking anything away from Nash, but Bouwmeester is a Heatley equivalent on defense. Bouwmeester and Heatley are probably equally touted and both showed it at the World Championships.

This is just a showing of what he (and a lot of the other young players who suffer on young teams -- including Nash) will be able to do as the teams develop around them.

In the case of Maclean, he drafted on his needs. CBJ already drafted Klesla and Leclaire, so it seemed like the right thing to draft a forward (therefore skipping Lehtonen and Bouwmeester).

Ejh18

Mar 3, 2003
Columbus
Visit site
luongofan said:
If you can't spell the guys name (BOUWMEESTER), don't act like you know a thing about him. Bouwmeester is as good a young defenseman as many of us have ever seen. I am not taking anything away from Nash, but Bouwmeester is a Heatley equivalent on defense. Bouwmeester and Heatley are probably equally touted and both showed it at the World Championships.

And if you CANT read, then dont post.

Del never said anything bad about Boumeester, all he said was he remembers people saying that stuff... and he was asking if they had changed their minds.

Read. Comprehend. Post.

Rattrick

Oct 31, 2002
Orlando, FL
www.rattrick.com
Ejh18 said:
And if you CANT read, then dont post.

Del never said anything bad about Boumeester, all he said was he remembers people saying that stuff... and he was asking if they had changed their minds.

Read. Comprehend. Post.
Read. Analyze. Post.

I surely doubt he had no intent of starting the "who is better" or "who should have been #1" threads we have all seen regarding the 2002 draft.

Oh yea, I have ABSOLUTELY nothing against Nash. I think he and Bo are great players and have helped silence the people who claimed that 2002 was "weak".

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
luongofan said:
Oh yea, I have ABSOLUTELY nothing against Nash. I think he and Bo are great players and have helped silence the people who claimed that 2002 was "weak".

Just a side debate here but I don't think many people have changed their minds on the 2002 draft. It was seen as weak past the "big four".

Most people were saying that top 4 kicked ass. It remains to be seen whether the rest of 2002 will change people's minds but there is plenty of time for that.

As for J-Bo, Nash and Pitkanen, they are doing pretty good (understatement of the year) and Lehtonen is still on track IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad