Player Discussion Rick Nash

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I kept thinking Dave Chapelle as Prince saying, "Shoot the J. Shoot it."

Let's run the play. Computer Blue. Darlin Picky. Ohh....

prince-o.gif

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
Man I am going to miss Rick Nash if today is the day he leaves us. Hard guy to dislike, no matter what your opinion might be about his production, it's not outlandish to say that Rick has been one of the staples of this organization since he came here.

I've always liked him, but he's been the poster boy here for disappointment whether in the regular season or playoffs. It's hard not to pin a lot of the blame on him for our playoff shortfalls although there were obvious other team flaws and failures.

He was paid to be the go to guy and he just didn't come through with goal scoring in the playoffs despite efforts in other areas. Under a different contract, it would be a different narrative.

That said, he's part of a passive core that just didn't come through often enough in the playoffs and needed changing. I just wish we had the Nash beast that we saw in his return to Columbus. He had fire in his belly that day, something that we haven't seen that much from him or many of the other Rangers in recent years.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
so many feels.

see to me rick nash is that huge box of chocolates that you open after valentines day. all shiny and fancy and huge, i mean a huge box of chocolates. looks like its gonna be a treasure trove of deliciousness. so much potential inside. im thinking chocolate coma goodness....

then you open up that box and its mostly empty but for a few of your favorites someone else missed. they are delicious but you need more and there aren't any. the remaining chocolates are mostly those gross cream filed ones..... and those are bitten into already.

you close the box feeling empty and wanting more.....

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I’m simply ready to turn the page. Nash seems like a really nice, genuine guy and he’s a very good hockey player but I didn’t want (and I do not believe the organization thought they were acquiring) a “very good” hockey player. I wanted a goddam dominant, game changing, ferocious beast of a player. For most of his time here, that wasn’t Nash. And while he has been a really good, valuable player and does seem like a humble, good guy, he’s too passive and too much of the same vanilla core we have. I’m perfectly ready to turn the page.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
At his price, he underperformed, like basically every big salary skater for this franchise has. My biggest gripe is he turned completely invisible on the biggest playoff run of his and this teams' career. He scored as many goals as Bryan Boyle and Dominic Moore. 3 goals in 25 playoff games. That, was pathetic. An actual franchise forward can score that in one series. Nash was only paid like one.

I wouldn't be surprised if no team wants to trade for Nash, because he's the opposite of the qualities a forward should have in modern hockey. He's slow, his shot is average, he's not a good passer and he only has one move - sliding the puck into the pad of the goalie, which is a free save for any butterfly goalie.

At around $4m as a bottom six two-way forward, he has team value.

Last edited:

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
One would have to figure Nash has to be the scope of LVK's who are in an unbelievable spot at the moment . If I was a betting man...that is where he ends up . They say two clubs from the West/Pacific area...Nash is the type of guy that Gerard would like .

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
One would have to figure Nash has to be the scope of LVK's who are in an unbelievable spot at the moment . If I was a betting man...that is where he ends up . They say two clubs from the West/Pacific area...Nash is the type of guy that Gerard would like .
What are they giving us for him?

Haven’t they said they aren’t trading picks? (They only went through one draft)

Prospects? I don’t see a fit there from our side

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yes, it can be a rough time which is part of the rebuild process, and hopefully I can get the same or similar feelings towards younger prospects who have a great future, but it will be some sad days when well known players leave the franchise who have been here most of their careers.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
It's time to move on. The team came close a three or four years back and strung together a few good years but it's been declining the last couple and Nash has been declining too. The Rangers need to forge a new identity and trying to hang on to Nash will be like trying to hang on to the past. It's gone and it never really delivered all the way. So--start over.

FJB

Jun 30, 2009
Good riddance. He was too streaky (though 2014-15 he was a beast during the regular season) but he rarely showed up in the playoffs when it mattered. He's not going to get you a cup when he's the top forward. There was definitely potential if you have a player like him AND Gaborik in the lineup at the same time, but it didn't work out. GTFO and I hope we rob whatever team overpays.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Good riddance. He was too streaky (though 2014-15 he was a beast during the regular season) but he rarely showed up in the playoffs when it mattered. He's not going to get you a cup when he's the top forward. There was definitely potential if you have a player like him AND Gaborik in the lineup at the same time, but it didn't work out. GTFO and I hope we rob whatever team overpays.

Where is Bob Gainey?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad