OT: Rick DiPietro

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006
I was just wondering, what happened to DP being on the intermissions during the games? Did they break his heart and let him go again or something?? To me he was perfect at that job

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
They've had a few guys run through over the last few years. My favorite was Pat Flatley. He has a casual, but insightful vibe. DiPietro was a little too much... stuff. I don't care for Asham either. Something awkward about him.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
They've had a few guys run through over the last few years. My favorite was Pat Flatley. He has a casual, but insightful vibe. DiPietro was a little too much... stuff. I don't care for Asham either. Something awkward about him.

What's awkward is not seeing Barnabys face at the end of his fists
Asham deserves a chance. Seems a bit scripted . He will loosen up
As for DP , he'll be back at some point

BossyMVP

Die SABRES die
Jun 27, 2011
Long Island
Or is it he bounces up and down on his chair waiting to answer a question. Guy needs to smoke a blunt and relax.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I was just wondering, what happened to DP being on the intermissions during the games? Did they break his heart and let him go again or something?? To me he was perfect at that job
I was told he didn’t want to re-sign for another season. He gets home too late after games and has to be out the door too early the next morning for his radio gig.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com

This is exactly how I feel. Flatley was very, very good at being an inside-the-glass commentator. DiPietro was too much, he was trying to be an Isles-exclusive Don Cherry, and I already don't even like Don Cherry. Asham seems forced upon us.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Its obviously the hatred of Brooklyn. And yes -- Asham is a mess -- very green --- way too nervous. Flatley was as boring as watching paint dry.

Get Bones in there --- spice the place up!

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Its obviously the hatred of Brooklyn. And yes -- Asham is a mess -- very green --- way too nervous. Flatley was as boring as watching paint dry.

Get Bones in there --- spice the place up!

You and Shannon on TV will be like watching this in between every period.

Reactions: Bones45

ISLANDERS66

Oct 1, 2017
I was told he didn’t want to re-sign for another season. He gets home too late after games and has to be out the door too early the next morning for his radio gig.
that's a guy that has too much money to turn down an easy gig

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I was wondering what happened to DP. IMHO he was great for TV. Though opinionated (comes with the territory), he brought insight and flair. Shame. Would prefer him representing NYI than many other ex-Isles.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
I was wondering what happened to DP. IMHO he was great for TV. Though opinionated (comes with the territory), he brought insight and flair. Shame. Would prefer him representing NYI than many other ex-Isles.

He's gonna replace Butchie one day doing color commentary, I'm sure of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad