Rumor: Rick Bowness to Rangers "going to happen" (Buccigross)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
I would suggest Mike Sullivan but I hear from Rangers fans and media he's a terrible coach, doesnt understand the way the game is trending, and have actually heard, but dont quote me, that he has a job. Boom mind-blowing right?

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Bowness is 61 years old. He has not been a head coach in a long time. Your brilliant idea is hire a 61 year old man to coach the Rangers. Just stop before you make a bigger fool of yourself.

You said:

Why would Bowness come to the Rangers with AV having 2 years left on his contract and the Rangers embarking on a reconstruction/rebuild/retool?

The odds makers named AV the favorite for first coach to get fired next season.

I never said they should hire him to be the head coach. I responded to you asking why would Bowness come to the Rangers to be an associate coach. If Bowness were hired and AV got canned, Bowness and Arniel would be looked at to be his immediate replacements. Is it really that hard to follow what I was getting at there?

This is all moot anyways.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Bowness is 61 years old. He has not been a head coach in a long time. Your brilliant idea is hire a 61 year old man to coach the Rangers. Just stop before you make a bigger fool of yourself.

Are you really saying that it would be impossible for a 61 year old to be a good coach? Quenneville is 58 by September. Darryl Sutter is 58 in August. Bruce Boudreau is 61.

That's 3 of the best coaches in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad