Richard Panik arrested for tresspassing

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Well at least it wasn't one of the guys we're counting on. I could care less if he's on the roster next year or not. We need to upgrade his spot anyway.

Reactions: Jakey53

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I think it's slim odds that he maintains that end of the season pace and chemistry, but we need more Paniks and fewer Martinooks and Rinaldos.

I'm also not convinced being drunk in a doorway in the off-season means you have to or should move him.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I think it's slim odds that he maintains that end of the season pace and chemistry, but we need more Paniks and fewer Martinooks and Rinaldos.

I'm also not convinced being drunk in a doorway in the off-season means you have to or should move him.
Other than the yet to be explained charges, drunk in a doorway might make it impossible for the NHL to fill rosters.

Reactions: Jakey53

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
It's just a cultural misunderstanding. Back home in Slovakia, it's totally acceptable to be wasted in a bar and I've never heard of an incident where a wasted man would be asked to leave the bar unless he was causing a fight, harassing others or damaging the property.

Reactions: 0point1 and Pomee

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Rumored scenario. How it really happened:

Police: "Mr., could you please leave this bar. We want to make private party here."
Panik: "Sure. But let me drink my beer."
Police: "You are under arrest. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to have an attorney. If you cannot afford one, one will be appointed to you by the court."

Crusty_Panik.jpg

Flying Puck

Oct 16, 2017
This deal has been totally blown out of proportion. This happened at the team party and is just being reported now. It was not a big deal!

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Even worse for SPD, if this is the case.

I told you. Arizona is the state you get 7 years in jail for driving against the direction in a one-way street. They sometimes write about that Norwegian in the local papers here (in Norway).

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
That’s not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Doubt the team even punishes him

Since it's so mild I bet the team has already called him in basically just to say "don't do this again you dipshit."

If it becomes a pattern then you intervene with more, but this kind of thing as a one-off incident is no big deal as long as it doesn't happen again.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Coyotes put out a statement saying they've already handled it internally and there won't be any further comments.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I honestly think this is a cultural misunderstanding. He's probably not used to everyone being so completely uptight and overreacting to everything. He should understand that police here do not tolerate anything less than complete and instance compliance, they get extremely nervous and really bad things happen if you don't comply completely and immediately. Also he probably doesn't understand how nervous bar owners and managers are about being sued or worse for serving patrons that appear to be at all intoxicated. They can lose their business and even face criminal prosecution in America for that kind of thing. Everything is zero tolerance all of the time. I can see how a European would be a little confused.

Having said all of that, the cop was about to let him off with a warning. If he had put his phone away, he'd never have been arrested.

Last edited:

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
What a nothing burger. That was nothing. He didn't fight back. When the cops finally wanted to put cuffs on him, he let them. Should have just walked out from the door though. Hindsight like that is 20 20. A drunken college kid would be trying to run away or resist once the cop reached out to put his hands behind his back.

Reactions: Edenjung

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Just nothing.

In germany they would eighter let you go with a warning or just bring you home in the police car (without cuffs). but he was really intoxicated so probably they would have brought him home. And would have locked his car key away until he would come into the station on the next day to get them back.
But the officer is really professional. If i ever get arrested or pulled over for something in tthe us while traveling there i hope i get such a good cop :laugh:
But the viedeo is funny :D

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad