Ric Flair: 30 For 30

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Not everyone may have seen it yet, but it's getting talked about a lot this morning. I still have to watch the first twenty minutes as I came in to it late.

Thoughts from those who saw it?

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I just finished it. Some of it was tough to watch. There's certainly things that could have been added. But it's worth the rough parts.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Rough parts as in not good, or rough parts in his life?

The things that have happened to him are sad. Family wise. And there are times I can't help but think the guy really hasn't learned his lesson. Obviously, some stuff has happened since this was filmed....that is only briefly covered.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Would have watched last night but was 20 min. late getting to it and didn't want to miss the beginning. So I DVR'd the next airing and will watch tonight most likely. Woooo!

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
You might want to check that you got the whole thing. The 2AM showing was a half hour late.

It reairs Thursday night though.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
DVR'd and watched the last hour of Smackdown and all of Nature Boy when I when I got up.

I was good but I don't know what the most surprising part about it since you "hear stories" about him on podcasts and interviews. The end talking about Reid and Charlotte (Ashley) was interesting. Ric was very emotional at the end.

I guess it hadn't dawned on me but I didn't know he was adopted. I feel like I should've remembered that. I also see what he's got a soft spot for the University of Michigan.

I'll stop there...

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
it was good. but i honestly didnt learn new things.
not the best 30 for 30. imo. but interesting indeed for any wrestling fan

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
it was good. but i honestly didnt learn new things.
not the best 30 for 30. imo. but interesting indeed for any wrestling fan

I think it's geared towards people who are not big wrestling fans or casual ones. Which is why it's a basic overview of his career and then the feels start.

Reactions: Disclose

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
For sure. Maybe thats why i was disappointed. It was Still good.
But overall i love those espn docs And i thought This one wasnt as good. Lots of fun memories as a fan for sure

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
You might want to check that you got the whole thing. The 2AM showing was a half hour late.

It reairs Thursday night though.

I watched it last night before seeing this, and you're right! It ended a couple minutes into where the Hulk Hogan comparison began. I have it set up for the next re-airing now. Thanks for the heads up.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The guy simply should not be alive. It's astonishing. I really don't think he learned his lesson until this most recent incident which landed him in a hospital.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
A good synopsis of his life, but as wrestling fans I imagine not a ton of new information was unearthed. The parts about Reid were the toughest to watch. You could tell how much it weighs on Ric and the guilt he carries. I know it was produced awhile back, but the stuff about some of his, for lack of a better term sexual exploits, is cringe worthy these days and shouldn't be treated as funny. That hit home more this week given the news.

Reactions: ColePens

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
thought it was well done...probably could have been another 30 minutes to not feel as rushed to me...

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
For sure. Maybe thats why i was disappointed. It was Still good.
But overall i love those espn docs And i thought This one wasnt as good. Lots of fun memories as a fan for sure

I agree with this. The story was very basic and anyone who even remotely knows Flair, knows the story. I don't feel the ESPN documentary got deep enough into it. It was a very basic story of what happened.

The only real moment was when HBK said he doesn't believe Ric Flair has ever met Richard Fleir. That was a "wow" moment.

Also loved how @Transplanted Caper put it. Good synopsis, but nothing we didn't really know.

Last edited:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I enjoyed it. Nothing really new, but given the nature of wrestling these days with so many WWE documentaries and endless podcasts there isn't a lot of new ground to cover with a legend like Flair. I enjoyed seeing a lot of pictures of pre-Nature Boy Flair, and it was interesting to hear from a source like Snoop Dog. I was also surprised that Hogan admitted that Flair is so much better than him, though I suppose he is out for image rehabilitation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad