Ribeiro on CBA negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSC2k2*

Bring Back Bucky said:
I, for one am ashamed for the comment I made. I realize now that there is no excuse for trying to be funny in this dark, miserable world. If I get a chance to make it up to Mr. Ribiero, I know that I will do my best.
And well you should be. Is this any way for the WHA Super Fantastic Tournament MVP to treat his fellow professionals??!? You should know that your guiding thought should always be "WWBD?" or What Would Bobby Do? {works for Goodenow AND Hull}.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
gscarpenter2002 said:
And well you should be. Is this any way for the WHA Super Fantastic Tournament MVP to treat his fellow professionals??!? You should know that your guiding thought should always be "WWBD?" or What Would Bobby Do? {works for Goodenow AND Hull}.

I have brought further shame upon my house. Hopefully no one views this as casting Mr. Hull in a negative light. I shall keep this "WWBD" at hand in all future decision making. Thank you gscarpenter2002 for helping me see the error in my ways.

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
Bring Back Bucky said:
I, for one am ashamed for the comment I made. I realize now that there is no excuse for trying to be funny in this dark, miserable world. If I get a chance to make it up to Mr. Ribiero, I know that I will do my best.

I, too, have been called onto the carpet for my lack of abilities in the humour department.

It is a burden us unfunny ones must all bear.

Timmy is not funny

Four posts down.

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
Habs4Life said:
Isn't riberio up for a grammy this year? Best Drama!

Why doesn't someone just lock up this thread already? This is pathetic.

And not that it matters, but a Grammy is for music, not acting.

johnny cool

Feb 19, 2004
gc2005 said:
Why doesn't someone just lock up this thread already? This is pathetic.
only because your main gal ms. ribeiro is getting bashed. if it was forsberg doing it, you'd all be loving it too.

habs fans can't take any ****, and it's embarassing how poor their senses of humor are

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
ryanlambert said:
only because your main gal ms. ribeiro is getting bashed. if it was forsberg doing it, you'd all be loving it too.

habs fans can't take any ****, and it's embarassing how poor their senses of humor are

I don't care who the player is, this is asinine. When was the last time Forsberg was called a woman on the BUSINESS OF HOCKEY board?

As to your generalization of the (lack of) sense of humor of Habs fans, this crap long ago stopped being even borderline humorous, now it's just a re-hash of moronic comments about an incident that happend over a year ago. For the last time, get over it. If you want to discuss Ribeiro's comments that actually relate to the thread topic, fine. If you want to discuss his gender, I suggest you first of all get a life, and then find a different topic, thread, or board.

Last edited:

Traitor8

Nov 3, 2003
Visit site
ti-vite said:
And I would add...

while many prospects on the Habs had a complete season in the AHL that can potentially replace him if he's off his game next year...(Higgins, PLekanec)

:biglaugh:

It's so easy to replace a 65 pt player these days! lol

CoupeStanley

Dec 1, 2003
Nicolet
coupestanley.com
gc2005 said:
I don't care who the player is, this is asinine. When was the last time Forsberg was called a woman on the BUSINESS OF HOCKEY board?

As to your generalization of the (lack of) sense of humor of Habs fans, this crap long ago stopped being even borderline humorous, now it's just a re-hash of moronic comments about an incident that happend over a year ago. For the last time, get over it. If you want to discuss Ribeiro's comments that actually relate to the thread topic, fine. If you want to discuss his gender, I suggest you first of all get a life, and then find a different topic, thread, or board.

I agree.
It was funny 12 months ago. Maybe 8 months ago for those who are slow to catch up, but now it's plain boring and show a great lack of maturity ..

johnny cool

Feb 19, 2004
CoupeStanley said:
I agree.
It was funny 12 months ago. Maybe 8 months ago for those who are slow to catch up, but now it's plain boring and show a great lack of maturity ..
are you and ribeiro going to go out and get makeovers later?

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
gc2005 said:
Forsberg is a woman. Couldn't resist. But yea, this thread has been flushed down the toilet pretty badly. Just ignore the guy if he upsets you so much.

Last edited:

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna
ryanlambert said:

this stuff is not funny anymore, even bad taste...but hey knock yourself out :shakehead

mytor4*

ryanlambert
Staal no! Chuck yes!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------don't waste your time on this guy.he's a carolina fan. ribeiro would be there best player if on carolina.sounds like a jealous fan to me.

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
Bring Back Bucky said:
True, most of us could never in our wildest dreams have what Mike Ribiero has. I mean, really, on my salary I could never afford an expensive Gucci purse to take out on the ice for my shift...

You made me choke on my straw because that was so hillarious. :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :clap: :clap:

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
CoupeStanley said:
I agree.

ryanlambert said:
are you and ribeiro going to go out and get makeovers later?

Lambert, you couldn't have proved his point any more perfectly if you had tried.

johnny cool

Feb 19, 2004
mytor4 said:
he's a carolina fan. ribeiro would be there best player if on carolina.sounds like a jealous fan to me.
i am actually a fan of the western conference champion calgary flames, as evidenced by the fact that I like Chuck Kobasew and dislike Eric Staal. hey, how'd your team do in the playoffs last year, cuz mine beat 3 conference champions and made it to the stanley cup finals. IIRC, yours went out like punks in the 2nd round. :teach:

mytor4*

ryanlambert
Staal no! Chuck yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytor4
he's a carolina fan. ribeiro would be there best player if on carolina.sounds like a jealous fan to me.

i am actually a fan of the western conference champion calgary flames, as evidenced by the fact that I like Chuck Kobasew and dislike Eric Staal. hey, how'd your team do in the playoffs last year, cuz mine beat 3 conference champions and made it to the stanley cup finals. IIRC, yours went out like punks in the 2nd round.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------i did the same as you --LOST. but keep on trying. i got so many rings that if i fell into a lake i surely would drown. bet you wish you had a few of those. don't hold your breath you will be lucky to see your team every win again. on the other hand for me i know the habs will win at least a few more in my lifetime. we,ve won more cups than you;ve been to the finals--maybe even in the playoffs.hehe

Last edited by a moderator:

mytor4*

now on a serious note. you calgary fans must be dreading the new cba now that there going to inforce the rule book. just imagine calgary not being allowed to clutch,grab and mug there opponents like last yrs playoffs. it will be another 8 yrs before they even make the playoffs again and now there's talk about losing there only real player to free agency if lowered to 28. too bad.i feel but i just can't reach.

Lanny MacDonald*

mytor4 said:
now on a serious note. you calgary fans must be dreading the new cba now that there going to inforce the rule book. just imagine calgary not being allowed to clutch,grab and mug there opponents like last yrs playoffs. it will be another 8 yrs before they even make the playoffs again and now there's talk about losing there only real player to free agency if lowered to 28. too bad.i feel but i just can't reach.

And how many times have YOU seen the Canadiesn take the cup for a spin around the rink? Its that attitude that made me turn my back on the Montreal Canadiens and find another team to cheer for. The fans are so wrapped up in a bunch of garbage that happened before the league was actually a league. What happened prior to 1967 has a huge asterisk beside it. Winning championships in a six team league with the table slanted in your direction is nothing to crow about, so 14 of those rings are really meaningless in the context of today's league. In reality you could also knock off a couple more as the Canadiens had to beat an expansion team to to take the prize (the eqivalent of beating Columbus last year). The Canadiens are truely a storied franchise, but many of those stories are nothing but fables and legend any more. They are applicable in todays NHL and don't mean a thing. Unless of course you want to recognize the fact that Toronto is the second most "storied" team in the league! What happened prior to 1970 is really out of context and I wouldn't brag too hard about it. After all, none of the teams you likely wish to put down were in existance genius.

:shakehead

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
There goes another thread with Ribeiro, down the drain... :shakehead

The jokes are getting so tired, it's not even close to being remotely funny anymore...although I got to give props for the purse comment, at least it was creative :dunno:

I just find it funny how an incident like say...the Kovalev "slashgate" is so quickly forgotten...

Really if you take both situations...I think Kovalev was the one doing the acting...but who here gets all the slack? Mike Ribeiro...

People just don't like him around here, most likely because he has an arrogant attitude and also because he plays for the Habs...

But if he can put up another season like he had last year, you guys can keep making all the jokes you want :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->