Reviews of USA Hockey Skills Video?

Greeneye

May 17, 2006
Golden, CO
Looks like it's worth 50$. You can buy it and mail me a copy of it ;)

Would probably work well with people like myself that are very visually oriented.

EmptyNetter

Jun 22, 2006
North Shore, MA
Thinking about getting this for my team and just wanted to see if anyone's bought this and checked it out? If so, what did you think of it? Advanced / novice, helpful / waste of time, smart / dumb, etc...? Thanks.

http://www.usahockey.com/usa_hockey/main_site/main/usa_hockey/skills_video_home//

I got it for Christmas and thought it was well done. Skills are broken down by subject -- skating, stick handling, etc and within each subject there are several tutorials and lessons. They indicate learning level/age on the file name, too.

I haven't spent enough time watching it to improve my own skating, though. What age group are you working with?

jeffreyaa

Sep 2, 2005
GutFest '89
I got it for Christmas and thought it was well done. Skills are broken down by subject -- skating, stick handling, etc and within each subject there are several tutorials and lessons. They indicate learning level/age on the file name, too.

I haven't spent enough time watching it to improve my own skating, though. What age group are you working with?

Adult rec league, step above novice [and looking to move another step up from current division next season]. Basically none of us have ever had coaching or anything- just play for the love of it.

Sounds like it could be good. Cool xmas present, EN!

PIM Champ

Dec 18, 2006
It's worth every penny. Well produced, easy to watch, great explanations. Pretty much gives you a full explanation and slo-mo breakdown for every individual skill you need. Get it.

frito

Jan 27, 2007
Cincinnati
Do they incorporate many half ice drills? I coach in our house program and we have to share the ice with another team. we will sometimes do some combine full ice drills for the first ten or so minutes and then break out to our respective sides. My challenge has always been coming up with effective 1/2 ice drills.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad