Reviews need to be all inclusive

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
You can't just review the goal, you have to review the play as a whole. Perfect example tonight with Kruger sliding in feet first, kicking the puck which was saved by a defenseman, but you then have Kruger well into the crease impeding Bobrovsky from making a save on the rebound. The goal was good, not kicked, and Toronto awarded CHI the goal, but the play should have been completely reviewed. The official clearly missed the call, probably because he waved off the goal for a kicking initially.

TrustyPatches*

Lets review every play because the NHL doesn't pay people to referee the game who have a much broader knowledge of hockey then the casual fan.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Krueger needs to be fined for that ****, you can't intentionally slide into the crease forwards two players skates first.

But yes they need to be able to review more than just the goal itself.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Krueger needs to be fined for that ****, you can't intentionally slide into the crease forwards two players skates first.

But yes they need to be able to review more than just the goal itself.

I think we just need a .gif of that to post any time that someone says that kicked-in goals should count.

Because that's what we would get.

Nordique

Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Lets review every play because the NHL doesn't pay people to referee the game who have a much broader knowledge of hockey then the casual fan.

Nope, not at all what I said.

I don't want any more plays reviewed than what we have today....BUT when a goal/no goal is reviewed by Toronto, they need to take off the blinders and consider the entire play. Wish I had a gif, this would make more sense if you could see the play.

Nordique

Aug 11, 2005
Ohio

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
look I like all encompassing reviews, but there has to be some control. all goals should be reviewed, of course, but I also think every team should have the ability to challenge a penalty called. Not one that was not called... if the refs miss it, its missed... that is too big a can of worms to get into... but if say, a ref calls a high sticking call when the stick never touched the guys head... they should be able to ask the ref to look at it.

now I also think that if you challenge a penalty call and it was correct that should be an extra 2 minute penalty like the old illegal curve rule... so basically you would want to be 100% sure on it or you are playing 3 on 5 hockey for 2 minutes

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00