Line Combos: Reunite Kessel and Lupul

DjD4GGR

Jun 15, 2010
Gatineau, Quebec
Ok i know its only a two game losing streak but why dont we put Lupul back with Kessel, i remember last game they were on for a couple of seconds and Lupul barried one. Then those two games back Carlyle decided to put them together in the 3rd and we scored a couple vs Florida and Carolina. Why fix something that was never broken? Yes Lupul and Kadri have been great together but Lupul and Kessel are magical and they should play together. We would still have balance in the other lines so maybe thats what we need right now : One line that can dominate and bring momentum to our other lines. Also in the beginning of the year vs Pits when Lupul broke his arm on that Phaneuf point shot, wasnt it JVR-Grabovski-Kulemin that was dominating? They were broken up because Lups suffered that injury and JVR got promoted to the 1st line so i wonder why Carlyle hasnt tried to put them back together. Kadri also had alot of chemistry with Mac and Frattin this year from what i remember so imo our lines should look like this :

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
Kulemin - Grabovski - JVR
MacArthur - Kadri - Frattin
Komarov - McClement - Orr/McLaren

What do u guys think?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
spreading out offensive talent makes it harder to defend against.

Not always. Sometimes its better to overload a line if you can to just completely dominate. The rest of the team is another story but I do prefer utterly dominating on two lines to running watered down 3's

ie.

St Louis 53pts ~ Stamkos 53pts ~ Percell 34pts
Kessel 46 ~ Bozak 27 ~ JVR 30

Apr 1, 2010
Not always. Sometimes its better to overload a line if you can to just completely dominate. The rest of the team is another story but I do prefer utterly dominating on two lines to running watered down 3's

ie.

St Louis 53pts ~ Stamkos 53pts ~ Percell 34pts
Kessel 46 ~ Bozak 27 ~ JVR 30

2 lines is a lot different from the one line the op is suggesting.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Lets do that, because being a one offensive line team worked so well for us the past 3 seasons. :shakehead

We have two regardless not one if you split it up right, the way we have it now is stupid. Bozak is a stinker and JVR is hit or miss, having Grabo on first line alone makes it legit compared to having Bozak on it. Not sure what people see in Bozak but whatever.

Apr 1, 2010
We have two regardless not one if you split it up right, the way we have it now is stupid. Bozak is a stinker and JVR is hit or miss, having Grabo on first line alone makes it legit compared to having Bozak on it. Not sure what people see in Bozak but whatever.
What has Kadri done in the last handful of games to make you think he and JVR would give us 2 scoring lines?

Keep Lupul with Kadri and see if he can get the kid going again. Kessel is doing just fine with who he has. Not his fault the goaltending has been sub-par the last two games.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
What has Kadri done in the last handful of games to make you think he and JVR would give us 2 scoring lines?

Keep Lupul with Kadri and see if he can get the kid going again. Kessel is doing just fine with who he has. Not his fault the goaltending has been sub-par the last two games.

Doesn't matter to me, Lupul, Kessel and Kadri work well with everyone the one I am worried about getting going is Grabovski after that JVR and after that Kules. Those are the names of the what should be top 6 btw not this Bozak junk. If it has to be Kadri + Kessel or Lupul + Grabo or Lupul + Kessel + Grabo.

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
If grabovski was just moved to the wing, everything would be fine >.<

Lupul - Kadri - Kessel
JVR - Bozak - Grabovski
Macarthur - Colborne- Kulemin
Orr - Mcclement - Komarov

This is what I'd really like to see...

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
We don't have trouble scoring goals. We have trouble defending. JVR>Lupul in defensive situations and helps the line give less chances against. No need to disturb the offense.

bobbyflex

Feb 26, 2010
Toronto, ON
Mac has been completely useless. Sit him

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Kadri - Frattin
McClement - Grabovski - Kulemin
McClaren - Komorov - Orr

LadyLeaf

Apr 14, 2013
Toronto
As much as I love Kadri and Lupul together, I wouldnt mind seeing Kessel and Lupes reunited. Switching things up can be useful, and gives us more options for the playoffs. Try telling Randy that though :p

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Not just a three game losing streak. we've been absolutely terrible the past 3 games. Were lucky New Jersey didn't blow us out as well. Something needs to change, maybe reuniting that duo will give us a spark ? i dont know, but something needs to change

leafspring*

The lines will be the same because they aren't bad lines.Its been a poor team game with little puck pressure or puck support in the last three games.They need a solid game tomorrow from all 4 lines and thats about it.

Nothing wrong with some adversity to wake a team up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad