Returnal coming to PC in 2023

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Very curious to see the specs. I believe one of the arguments for it being PS5 exclusive is that the loading of 3d levels/rooms in a rogue-lite fashion is it needed the solid state SSD.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
The port has been outsourced and it's a UE4 game, seems like it could be another stuttering mess but hopefully Sony has learned from Sackboy's miserable launch. I always liked the look of this game but didn't want to play it on a controller. I will probably pick this up on sale.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
The port has been outsourced and it's a UE4 game, seems like it could be another stuttering mess but hopefully Sony has learned from Sackboy's miserable launch. I always liked the look of this game but didn't want to play it on a controller. I will probably pick this up on sale.
They fixed Sackboys stuttering in like a week, though I dont know if that game is unreal engine, but it'll probably get sorted out. Sony has a dedicated PC porting studio so it should be alright. Although literally nobody played Sackboy so who cares.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Very curious to see the specs. I believe one of the arguments for it being PS5 exclusive is that the loading of 3d levels/rooms in a rogue-lite fashion is it needed the solid state SSD.
I highly doubt there's very many people with a gaming PC built in the last 8-10 years that aren't using a SSD, if not a NVMe drive. This shouldn't be an issue.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Also there’s no way this game couldn’t run on ps4. It really don’t look that good.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
They fixed Sackboys stuttering in like a week, though I dont know if that game is unreal engine, but it'll probably get sorted out. Sony has a dedicated PC porting studio so it should be alright. Although literally nobody played Sackboy so who cares.
Sackboy is a UE4 game. Unfortunately this isn't a port by Nixxes, it's from Climax Studios who I have never heard of until now. You're right though, if it's a problem it will most likely be fixed by the time I play it. I'm sure this will launch at the same price as Spider-Man/Sackboy/Last of Us and I will be waiting a year to buy it.

I just noticed the minimum and recommended specs have been posted on the Steam page. The main thing that stands out is the RAM requirement, with the minimum being 16 GB and 32GB being recommended. The rest seems to line up with other current gen games with minimum spec being an i5 6400 or 1500X with a 1060 or RX 580 and recommended being an i7 8700 or 2700X with a 2070 Super or 6700 XT. An SSD is recommended, but not required. It will be interesting to see how it runs on a hard drive.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad