GDT: Return of fans 7pm Wild @ Vegas

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I wish we had like another two Tuchs.... could you imagine a line of Tuchs?

Solid Gold Tuch Triplets

The Golden Curse is lifted btw
giphy.gif

edit: this thumbnail lol

C3-PO-has-had-enough-of-Hans-shit.jpg

Last edited:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I honestly wouldn't worry about anything that happened in this game.

Vegas seems to ALWAYS struggle against Minnesota.

Our record against them is not so good.

Wild, Blues and the Preds seems to be the teams that the Knights always struggle against.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
You can kind of see what this season is going to be like. Team plays sloppy and disinterested hockey, then thinks hey this is a good challenge for us kinda like the playoffs so lets go get it. You see it from so many good teams, even seen it from teams like the Bruins and Lightning. Players are just seeing this season and last as such an anomaly with the crazy schedules and the endless games against the same teams. They'll all get serious late season if they are fighting for a playoff spot and certainly during playoff time, but the disrespect for the importance of regular season games has never been higher.

The schedule really is ridiculous. Way too many games the last couple of months. Players won’t have any time to recover, and good luck trying to heal from even minor injuries.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
The schedule really is ridiculous. Way too many games the last couple of months. Players won’t have any time to recover, and good luck trying to heal from even minor injuries.

This is where having elite rookies like Kolesar and Coghlan comes into play.

c3po-han-solo-shut-up.jpg

Reactions: HanSolo

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

Yes.

Does Thompson get his 1st NHL start next game? I know it's an important one but Flower needs his rest and I wouldn't be surprised if Dansk has lost his 3rd stringer role. With no timetable for the return of Lehner they either do this now or vs the Sharks.

Here's the problems:
start Flower and he has another weak game = time to panic. I don't want Flower being off vs the smelly fishies when they have 12g their last 2 games.
start Thompson and he gets shelled = what the hell were you thinking throwing a guy with 5 pro games into a battle for the division lead

Last edited:

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Yes.

Does Thompson get his 1st NHL start next game? I know it's an important one but Flower needs his rest and I wouldn't be surprised if Dansk has lost his 3rd stringer role. With no timetable for the return of Lehner they either do this now or vs the Sharks.

Here's the problems:
start Flower and he has another weak game = time to panic
start Thompson and he gets shelled = what the hell were you thinking throwing a guy with 5 pro games into a battle for the division lead

I honestly was hoping to see Thompson get thrown in there if the game got out of hand in the third. Fortunately, it didn't.

It might be worth eating a loss next game to get Flower a break. Maybe yank Coghlan and put Holden in there to give Logan a little better protection. I can't believe I actually wrote that.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Also this team needs to start icing the puck when it gets into trouble rather than scrambling to get a line change in. I think Marchessault caught a couple minuses just stepping on the ice.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Just watched the highlights again. Man. Coghlan had one turd of a game. Closest guy on the first three Minnesota goals and each time he barely did anything to try to clear his man away from the crease. Shoutout to the fourth line for playing absolutely terrible defense to allow the puck to get that close but Coghlan was awful.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Just watched the highlights again. Man. Coghlan had one turd of a game. Closest guy on the first three Minnesota goals and each time he barely did anything to try to clear his man away from the crease. Shoutout to the fourth line for playing absolutely terrible defense to allow the puck to get that close but Coghlan was awful.
Coghlan just....hasn't been good in general. I was so high on him last preseason. I just don't think he is ready for prime time. And Hague is young and needs to be paired with a veteran. He mistakes dropped way down when Coghlan was yanked.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Coghlan just....hasn't been good in general. I was so high on him last preseason. I just don't think he is ready for prime time. And Hague is young and needs to be paired with a veteran. He mistakes dropped way down when Coghlan was yanked.

They were fine against the Ducks but keeping two young players together is just playing with fire.

Hague chasing Wild players behind the net isn't going to help his rookie partner. I wonder what the d pairings will look like when McNabb gets back (assuming they find a way to dump cap).

Should be
Theitrangelo
McNabb Cloudy
Hague Martinez

I think Coghlan will be fine with a little more AHL seasoning. As Han said, the 4th line didn't do anything to help the kid.

Last edited:

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
They were fine against the Ducks but keeping two young players together is just playing with fire.

Hague chasing Wild players behind the net isn't going to help his rookie partner. I wonder what the d pairings will look like when McNabb gets back (assuming they find a way to dump cap).

Should be
Theitrangelo
McNabb Cloudy
Hague Martinez

I think Coghlan will be fine with a little more AHL seasoning. As Han said, the 4th line didn't do anything to help the kid.
I dont think they were fine against the Ducks. Fleury rescued them several times.

I just think Coghlan needs to go back down and Hague needs to glue himself to the net front and let his forwards fight the back of net battles. He needs to learn to make faster and better decisions when the puck lands in his lap, too. The whole team needs to stop passing up to a well defended teammate on the boards.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Agreed. I think Hague's good to stay but like you said, he needs a vet. Even if it's Holden who, to be honest, has been pretty solid.

Coghlan should go back to Henderson and build on what he's learned here. Presuming I'm not actively brain farting and he's on a one way contract. Which I'm pretty sure he's not.

He's got upside but as much as his game is reminiscent of a rookie Theodore offensively he has a tendency to be an even bigger tire fire defensively at the same developmental stage. He needs to work on that or he risks being a MA Bergeron clone. Good offensively but too much of a defensive disaster to stick in the NHL.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Agreed. I think Hague's good to stay but like you said, he needs a vet. Even if it's Holden who, to be honest, has been pretty solid.

Coghlan should go back to Henderson and build on what he's learned here. Presuming I'm not actively brain farting and he's on a one way contract. Which I'm pretty sure he's not.
No he is two way

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Good. Then I'm sure Henderson could greatly benefit from his acquired experience while fostering his defensive game.
That only affects his pay if he is sent down. Being waiver exempt is different and I'm trying to find that now.

Edit: he is waiver exempt.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Fleury seemed to have a bad game compared to his other games this season.

Some of the goals he let in were weak.

But he was due for a bad game considering how amazing he has been.

Thankfully the offense bailed him out this game.

If Lehner was healthy, i would give him the game on Wednesday so Fleury gets some rest.

I do kind of agree with IceNeophyte that it might be worth eating a loss next game by putting in Thompson so that Fleury can get a break. Heck, it could even be possible that Thompson plays well.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I don't think it's a sure loss using a backup. There are probably worse goalies in the league than Thompson or Dansk getting starts. Coghlan definitely needs a stay at home partner, his offensive contributions can be pretty good but play in his own end is a problem. You'd think having a balanced three pairing system makes sense, but not PDB. He can't help it but run out his best guys together for as many minutes he can. Makes sense to do that if you are trailing in a playoff series, but why do it in the grind of the regular season?

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I don't think it's a sure loss using a backup. There are probably worse goalies in the league than Thompson or Dansk getting starts. Coghlan definitely needs a stay at home partner, his offensive contributions can be pretty good but play in his own end is a problem. You'd think having a balanced three pairing system makes sense, but not PDB. He can't help it but run out his best guys together for as many minutes he can. Makes sense to do that if you are trailing in a playoff series, but why do it in the grind of the regular season?
I agree that it isn't a sure loss, but it is increased risk of loss. To be clear, it's a risk I'd be willing to take because I think Flower needs a break.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad