GDT: [RESTREAM 8 pm] WBS @ Bingo|Wednesday, Dec 19th, 2012|7:05 pm w/Stream

General Granny*

"@BSensExaminer: Asked Richardson about Zibanaejad and Boro: On the right track and should return to practice soon. Maybe next week, maybe sooner. #BSens"

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
damn, i missed this one, went out to watch the hobbit.

any plans for a restream main? I'd love to get a chance at seeing the comeback.

(edit: I apologize for my stupidity, i didnt read through the thread. Looking forward to a restream tonight.)

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
What happened with Jessiman?

Senators#101:

Stats from AHL website on Jessiman...

Jessiman Bng (instigating, fighting, misconduct - instigating, game misconduct - aggressor), 19:38. 1st period this happened

From what I gather a Pen cheaped him after a whistle so Jessiman went bonkers, hit the Pen from behind. The Pen turtled Jessiman hit him 3-4 times till he was restrained so in today's game it most likely overkill with all the penalty minutes and the game misconduct.

I did NOT see it myself so am relying on reports of others........

JonnyMacSen

2nd round Chlapik!
Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa, ON
Someone should check how many back to back games we have to play and how many of those have the second game vs the Marlies.

We have two back to backs with the Marlies, actually back to back to back....March 1st vs Hamilton, March 2nd & 3rd vs TO.

If the NHL season is cancelled I plan to do a roadtrip and catch all 3 games.

i just wish they would show on f'ing game on sportsnet. would it kill them to do just one? enough of the marlies and bulldogs already.

Maybe they will show them when they play the Marlies and Bulldogs?

Do they play them any time soon?

3-4 weeks holly ****tt. And true I'm tired of seeing so many bulldog games on Sportsnet. Ironically haven't seen the marlies yet. Btw where can I watch ahl highlights all together ( like on tsn when they show all NHL highlights for the night ) which network or website does that.

Like I mentioned above ^ First weekend of March they play Hamilton and TO (twice), if we are lucky one might be televised :shakehead

I've sent a few nasty emails already to Sportnet on how they've pretty much had every Canadian team affiliate on TV at one point or another except for Bingo, and favor Hamilton and TO above all else.

Feel free to do the same, perhaps if enough people complain they'll listen

http://www.sportsnet.ca/contact/

Last edited:

sens83

Sep 22, 2009
Melbourne, FL
Wtf is that? Has anyone looked at the standings? Bingo has played 23 games... Some teams have played up to 28 games... Almost all the teams have played 26 or 27 games... Crappy calendar

Yeah, in March we have Fri/Sat games every weekend, but 4 out of 5 weekends they are home. We have an easy go at the beginning of the season, but after February the long stretch hits for us.

Senators#101:

Stats from AHL website on Jessiman...

Jessiman Bng (instigating, fighting, misconduct - instigating, game misconduct - aggressor), 19:38. 1st period this happened

From what I gather a Pen cheaped him after a whistle so Jessiman went bonkers, hit the Pen from behind. The Pen turtled Jessiman hit him 3-4 times till he was restrained so in today's game it most likely overkill with all the penalty minutes and the game misconduct.

I did NOT see it myself so am relying on reports of others........

That Penguin was Tangradi. It looked like Tangradi clearly boarded Jessiman into the Penguins bench. Jessiman took exception and cross checked Tangradi into the glass, Tangradi went into turtle mode and Jessiman punched his head on the ice. They gave the Penguins a 7 min powerplay. Nothing was called on Tangradi.

sens83

Sep 22, 2009
Melbourne, FL
Also, on Twitter last night, Kate Krenzer, who works in the front office for the B-Sens tweeted that Ziba had his wisdom teeth out, then got strep throat, and now has the flu.

Usually, she's pretty accurate, so everyone chill, Ziba will be back.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Like I mentioned above ^ First weekend of March they play Hamilton and TO (twice), if we are lucky one might be televised :shakehead

I've sent a few nasty emails already to Sportnet on how they've pretty much had every Canadian team affiliate on TV at one point or another except for Bingo, and favor Hamilton and TO above all else.

Well, audience-wise I'm sure the Marlies will get a crap ton more ratings than a Bingo game simply based on fanbase and size. I really have no interest in writing any scathing emails to Sportsnet demanding they don't favour TO-based teams, it's just not gonna happen.

What you should be complaining about, however, is that they simply aren't showing any Bingo games. Don't focus on whining about all the air time the other teams are getting, because that's the only way they are pulling in any hockey ratings with the NHL not happening.

JonnyMacSen

2nd round Chlapik!
Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa, ON
Well, audience-wise I'm sure the Marlies will get a crap ton more ratings than a Bingo game simply based on fanbase and size. I really have no interest in writing any scathing emails to Sportsnet demanding they don't favour TO-based teams, it's just not gonna happen.

What you should be complaining about, however, is that they simply aren't showing any Bingo games. Don't focus on whining about all the air time the other teams are getting, because that's the only way they are pulling in any hockey ratings with the NHL not happening.

No I know this, and don't get me wrong, the Marlies/Bulldogs aren't the main point in my emails, its more about why they can't show a Bingo game or if I should expect any in the future. I do point out the excessive airing of the two teams but understand it has more to do with ratings and also mention that.

However, they have shown games that didn't feature "The Big Two" Rochester Americans a few times (Buffalo), Oklahoma (Edmonton), Chicago (Vancouver), etc. So we know there willing to go out of the comfort zone in terms of ratings, and its not a regional thing.

In the two emails I've sent them, I even suggested airing a Bingo game just on the Sportsnet Sens channel if they don't want to do a nation wide broadcast. I think if advertised well many Ottawa fans would tune in.

How can they know until they try? :dunno:

Whether its complaining or just inquiring, the more emails to them regarding Bingo being aired at some point can't hurt no?

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON

I just hope they air some playoff games. AHL Live is so hit or miss

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Also, on Twitter last night, Kate Krenzer, who works in the front office for the B-Sens tweeted that Ziba had his wisdom teeth out, then got strep throat, and now has the flu.

Usually, she's pretty accurate, so everyone chill, Ziba will be back.
That has got to be the worse string of luck ever. Just watch, he's going to kiss a girl on Christmas and get mono.

TkachukMyAho

Apr 13, 2007
Yeah, in March we have Fri/Sat games every weekend, but 4 out of 5 weekends they are home. We have an easy go at the beginning of the season, but after February the long stretch hits for us.

That Penguin was Tangradi. It looked like Tangradi clearly boarded Jessiman into the Penguins bench. Jessiman took exception and cross checked Tangradi into the glass, Tangradi went into turtle mode and Jessiman punched his head on the ice. They gave the Penguins a 7 min powerplay. Nothing was called on Tangradi.

Not sure I blame him for turtling. Tangradi still has visions of Trevor Gillies dancing through his head.

John Holmes*

We have two back to backs with the Marlies, actually back to back to back....March 1st vs Hamilton, March 2nd & 3rd vs TO.

If the NHL season is cancelled I plan to do a roadtrip and catch all 3 games.

I think you should go anyway. The NHL does not deserve any of our money this year, if ever again.

I think if our affiliate was in a Canadian city, it would get more air time on sportsnet.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Prince is just coming into his own right now. I think a big second half for him is in order. Youll see, next year at training camp he will get a long look or with go down and rip up the AHL. I believe this kids a gamer.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Prince is just coming into his own right now. I think a big second half for him is in order. Youll see, next year at training camp he will get a long look or with go down and rip up the AHL. I believe this kids a gamer.

Him and Stone are probably the two young guys I expect may take the biggest jumps in their game in the 2nd half. I've got a handful of "I told a sos" for suggesting Prince was a likely NHLer in his draft year. I do expect that sentiment was shared among many here though.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009

I absolutely love the fact that Prince is so pumped after goals. I love when Ovie celebrates even when its against me, I just love that passion that comes with this type of player and how they really invest their entire emotion into their games. Those types of emotions are needed in the playoffs.

I see a ton of Marc Savard in Shane Prince. Long stick and able to pick corners. Dude is a gamer for sure.

I really like Pageu too but I dont see him making the big's. Prince is chippy, will mix it up, and can put up points if he has a good center. He may not be consistent as a top 6 player but I see a top 9 player in him. Pageu is just too small. He's got the skill and the defensive awareness to play but just way to small.

Saying that Derek Roy is in the NHL and is a quality player so my opinion could mean nothing.

JonnyMacSen

2nd round Chlapik!
Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa, ON
I think you should go anyway. The NHL does not deserve any of our money this year, if ever again.

I think if our affiliate was in a Canadian city, it would get more air time on sportsnet.

I actually think I'm going to, especially after today's cancellations. :rant:

Possibly, but Edmonton and Vancouver's affiliate have already been aired and there in the US :dunno:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Man this team is great, it looks like they have a lot of fun

Prince could end up being a big game player. My gut feeling is the same I have with Cowen. He could be huge for the Sens too

So many great young forwards, so much potential... Silfverberg, Prince, Stone, Noesen, Puempel, Da Costa, Petersson, Pageau...

If only Zibanejad wasn't a bust

Team with the name of Senators must play less games than rest of the league in the first half of the regular season.

Or at least that's what happens to the Ottawa Senators every single ****'ing year.

B-Sens will play more games when the team will be depleted! After the NHL is back... (should hurt the B-Sens more than most teams because of the youth on the NHL team as well)

Someone should check how many back to back games we have to play and how many of those have the second game vs the Marlies.

Not sure if I should laugh or not but it wouldn't even surprise me lol

Him and Stone are probably the two young guys I expect may take the biggest jumps in their game in the 2nd half. I've got a handful of "I told a sos" for suggesting Prince was a likely NHLer in his draft year. I do expect that sentiment was shared among many here though.

I'll never really understand why Prince dropped that much... 61st? IMO, it's a work of God to bless the Sens lolz. It's like every team forgot that Prince existed for a certain portion of time, until it was our time to pick again...

And thanks Chris Kelly. It was hard to part with him but he gave us the chance to pick up Shane

PS : oh ya and same feeling with Stone... Also with Lehner and Silfverberg (although they developped a ton since their draft year). Maybe next year we'll say the same about Maidens. Possibly Puempel too

Our drafting is at least "fun" (don't get excited too much guys, it's prohibited!)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad