News Article: Rest in peace Matthew Wuest (Capgeek)

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
RIP

Seemed like a true fan of the game. And Capgeek was such a well-done site. Clean layout, always updated in a timely fashion. People like Matthew Wuest are rare - ones with the intelligence and sensitivity to make something that everybody wants and everybody can use.

A huge loss for all hockey fans.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
RIP

Seemed like a true fan of the game. And Capgeek was such a well-done site. Clean layout, always updated in a timely fashion. People like Matthew Wuest are rare - ones with the intelligence and sensitivity to make something that everybody wants and everybody can use.

A huge loss for all hockey fans.

A true innovator I haven't seen a site for any sport match what capgeek could do.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
A true innovator I haven't seen a site for any sport match what capgeek could do.

im a stats guy obviously. but thats beside my point here.

this sucks hard. no. not losing capgeek. him….or others…..people that are a big part of your life

i dont know him, never met him…….its ****ing with my brain with death

my friend died in '08 from the same thing and was also a hardcore fan. ….of stars hockey. him and his modano jersey… :)

sorry to slip off topic a bit…..i mean no disrespect to matt

i remember looking for internet sites when the cap was brought up /

this man will be part of hockey history.

rest well man.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Humble man. Like the way he rolled. Hope the NHL realizes what a great resource that was to the fans, media and execs alike and purchases the rights to continue the site operations as part of the NHL.com site. If not them, a media outlet like TSN should try to negotiate the rights.

It would be a nice way to honor Wuest and maybe provide a nice income for his wife moving forward.

DevilsFanInFla

Feb 28, 2014
RIP Matt. His dedication to his craft was unparalleled and his humble approach to his site matched it. It's thrown about a lot but in his case it is easy to say that not only was he a true innovator but he will leave his mark on hockey history in a way that no one before or after could have.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Echo it...My brother has Colon Cancer at 43.. I am getting my colonoscopy on Wednesday... I am the same age as Matt. Messed up.....
RIP

Sorry man - that's some ****** news - literally. This is way too many colon cancer references for me in less than 3 days. First my dad went back in for a follow up after finding an ulcer on his scope a few months back then he asks when I'm getting mine done after my grandfather and great grandmother both died from it, now Wuest and your brother who's all of a year younger than me.

*cosmic red lights flashing*

Guess I better schedule something.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
im a stats guy obviously. but thats beside my point here.

this sucks hard. no. not losing capgeek. him….or others…..people that are a big part of your life

i dont know him, never met him…….its ****ing with my brain with death

my friend died in '08 from the same thing and was also a hardcore fan. ….of stars hockey. him and his modano jersey… :)

sorry to slip off topic a bit…..i mean no disrespect to matt

i remember looking for internet sites when the cap was brought up /

this man will be part of hockey history.

rest well man.

I'm with ya, don't know him, but I really loved his work. does that make me know him in a way? Prob not too much, but his site was something I looked to quite often.

And yeah losing cap geek does suck. And I think saying so is about as true a sign of respect as I can give the guy.

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
Sorry man - that's some ****** news - literally. This is way too many colon cancer references for me in less than 3 days. First my dad went back in for a follow up after finding an ulcer on his scope a few months back then he asks when I'm getting mine done after my grandfather and great grandmother both died from it, now Wuest and your brother who's all of a year younger than me.

*cosmic red lights flashing*

Guess I better schedule something.
Not something I want to do, But rather Have to do.....I would likely recommend it. they say if it is in the family, look at the age they were diagnosed and go back 10 years for your screening. otherwise its at 50

Better safe then sorry I guess. But I am not a procrastinator on health issues!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad