Rest Bob?

Privet

Sep 25, 2015
Victoria, BC
I think it is pretty obvious what our fate is... a meeting with the Pittsburgh Penguins and looks like they will have home ice.

Does anyone agree with me that we should be resting Bob as much as we can? Even possibly be resting our top guys so they are ready to go come next week?

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
Play him tomorrow against Winnipeg and reassess. The Pens are at NJ tomorrow and if we are still 3 points back going into the weekend you can throw Korpi at the Flyers. If NJ does us a solid and we're only a point back then all bets are off.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Play him tomorrow and against Toronto. Bob has said numerous times he prefers to get more time in net...idk why we would give him more rest than he actually needs.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Let Korpi play against Winnipeg and Philly. Gives Bob a few days to work on things in practice and clear his head. Then play him against Toronto to get him ready for the post-season.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Rest him against Winnipeg, play him against philly and toronto

Privet

Sep 25, 2015
Victoria, BC
In a perfect world I would be happy with losing the remaining games and letting us rest our "superstars". Bob looked mentally defeated in the last 3 games and think he could use the time off to recoup mentally and prepare for Pitts.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
In a perfect world I would be happy with losing the remaining games and letting us rest our "superstars". Bob looked mentally defeated in the last 3 games and think he could use the time off to recoup mentally and prepare for Pitts.

I think he may realize the offense can only generate 1 goal per game so as soon as he lets one in that it's trouble.
I would rather Bob be sharp, but a game or two off maybe could help. Nothing else it prevents a fluke injury.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Bob's going to play 2 of the last 3. Probably WPG and PHI. If he were to play just one, I'd make it PHI.

Seems a little silly, but I'd really like to see the team find a way to win a couple games for him. I think 42 is the most W in a season for Russian goalies.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
I think he may realize the offense can only generate 1 goal per game so as soon as he lets one in that it's trouble.
I would rather Bob be sharp, but a game or two off maybe could help. Nothing else it prevents a fluke injury.

I actually thought that may be the case seeing him play against Pittsburgh.. Especially on the play, he over committed on.. You just don't see that from Bob this season.. I'm by no means putting Bobrovsky down. Shoot, he's been stellar all season, helped bail out the team plenty a times in 2017. Bob will probably play 2 of the next 3 games.. But, I'd give him Sunday to Wednesday off to rest a bit heading into the playoffs.

Maybe, if this team could play better in front of Bobrovsky, rather than leaving him to dry with our poor offensive output and our many costly turnovers/breakaways we have allowed the last 4 games, that might help him out too..

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I'm in the rest them group. Even if it's only a game or two. Bob and a few others could use an extra day off before the playoffs.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Bob's going to play 2 of the last 3. Probably WPG and PHI. If he were to play just one, I'd make it PHI.

Seems a little silly, but I'd really like to see the team find a way to win a couple games for him. I think 42 is the most W in a season for Russian goalies.
Nabokov had 46 wins before. Technically Russian, but I guess you might consider him Kazakhstani.

However, Nabby did play 77 games that season whereas Bob has played 62.

Privet

Sep 25, 2015
Victoria, BC
Yeah, did you see who were "scratches" for the rangers last night? They basically sat out all of their stars. I don't see why we shouldn't do the same.

Scratched against Caps last night:

nick HOLDEN
rick NASH
jesper FAST
brady SKJEI
ryan MCDONAGH
mats ZUCCARELLO

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Good decision so then we can see Bob in Philly and hopefully a win.

Other than that I think Bob needs a night off. How bad would it suck if Bob is injured against Winnipeg or any team for that matter?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad