News Article: Report: Arizona Coyotes ask Martin Hanzal for trade list

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
from your article, this worries me about this

The biggest hamper to Hanzal's success as an NHL center has always been his health. Hanzal has never played all 82 games in a single season, and has missed 15 or more games in five of his last six NHL seasons.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Brought him up as a possible TDL acquisiton too. Injury-prone, but a big body and good in faceoffs (granted I haven't checked his stats this season) AFAIK.

I recall seeing a thread in trade board about them looking for a young NHL ready center in return. They obviously would have to add a pick or prospect there or settle with something else (unless that said young center don't have a huge upside or potential). But I still see where they're coming from. They have a young core and want players in the same age group that hopefully merges well and can be part of their contending team in some years in the future.

I haven't seen or read enough of Hanzal to say if I'd like to add him or not. If he's a good net front guy with good faceoff skills then I wouldn't oppose it, assuming the price isn't too high. Would a prospect of roughly an equal value to mid 1st be a good base? And who would that be? Aberg?

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Is this still a thing? It was written in June so I didn't know if they were still looking to move him.

(edit: I guess he is)

Last edited:

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Brought him up as a possible TDL acquisiton too. Injury-prone, but a big body and good in faceoffs (granted I haven't checked his stats this season) AFAIK.

I recall seeing a thread in trade board about them looking for a young NHL ready center in return. They obviously would have to add a pick or prospect there or settle with something else (unless that said young center don't have a huge upside or potential). But I still see where they're coming from. They have a young core and want players in the same age group that hopefully merges well and can be part of their contending team in some years in the future.

I haven't seen or read enough of Hanzal to say if I'd like to add him or not. If he's a good net front guy with good faceoff skills then I wouldn't oppose it, assuming the price isn't too high. Would a prospect of roughly an equal value to mid 1st be a good base? And who would that be? Aberg?

On no planet is Aberg of "mid first" value, nor would he be enough to get Hanzal.

That said, I actually don't really think he fits what we need all that well. He would essentially be our number 3 center.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
If Friedman is correct and Saad is available, I would package Wilson or Smith and a first for him in a heartbeat. Would even take on Hartnell dumb contract too to make it work for them.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
If Friedman is correct and Saad is available, I would package Wilson or Smith and a first for him in a heartbeat. Would even take on Hartnell dumb contract too to make it work for them.

I wouldn't give Kamenev for any one right now without seeing him play at the NHL level first.

Sportsnet, had today that they are shopping Hanzal.

And I saw Saad was available as well. It'd be very nice to pick him up. Would be great because of the player he is and because Chicago would have to see him play 5-6 times per year in gold.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
On no planet is Aberg of "mid first" value, nor would he be enough to get Hanzal.

That said, I actually don't really think he fits what we need all that well. He would essentially be our number 3 center.

Ah alright.

Centers can usually play wing effectively, so even with our current C depth in mind, I wouldn't oppose a trade if the value was right. But as so often before, unless we face injuries, I think someone will be in a bigger need and overpay, tho.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I wouldn't give Kamenev for any one right now without seeing him play at the NHL level first.

Sportsnet, had today that they are shopping Hanzal.

And I saw Saad was available as well. It'd be very nice to pick him up. Would be great because of the player he is and because Chicago would have to see him play 5-6 times per year in gold.
Yes to Saad

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Hanzal always seemed like a Preds type of player. But I don't think I'd give up anything decent for him this season. If this team was showing that they were going to contend for a title and Hanzal would put them over the edge, then absolutely. But with what we've seen so far, at this point in the season, I feel like it would be a waste.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
If Friedman is correct and Saad is available,
He's not.

I would package Wilson or Smith and a first for him in a heartbeat. Would even take on Hartnell dumb contract too to make it work for them.
Um. Hartnell has been a major positive asset for the Jackets. That's bad value for the Jackets already without pretending that Hartnell's a cap dump to be thrown in.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Stop ruining our fun
NEVAR.
shakefist.gif

;)

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
And Ryan Johansen isn't being traded either. Especially for Seth Jones.
So, basically all you have to go on is "but Tortorella!" and you have no interest whatsoever in actual additional clarification and information from the source that actually originally gave you your "OMG WE COULD HAVE ANOTHER PLAYER" hard-on. Never mind that it's been retracted; of course he's available because you just want it to be so. Gotcha.

Y'know, Josi has had some troubles with Subban lately; I remember hearing that somewhere and I choose to be deaf and blind to all other information. I'll bet he could be a Blue Jacket for Murray and a 3rd, right? Right?

And Joey was only being traded for a young #1D equivalent. OH WAIT

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
So, basically all you have to go on is "but Tortorella!" and you have no interest whatsoever in actual additional clarification and information from the source that actually originally gave you your "OMG WE COULD HAVE ANOTHER PLAYER" hard-on. Never mind that it's been retracted; of course he's available because you just want it to be so. Gotcha.

Y'know, Josi has had some troubles with Subban lately; I remember hearing that somewhere and I choose to be deaf and blind to all other information. I'll bet he could be a Blue Jacket for Murray and a 3rd, right? Right?

And Joey was only being traded for a young #1D equivalent. OH WAIT

nonsense. You wanted everyone's first born on top of a 1D. If I remember right, you wasted a terrible amount of time crafting a manifesto on what it would take to trade for Johansen. And then it was a 1 for 1.

Anyhow....usually where there is smoke there is fire, and Columbus was looking to shed cap all last year and the offseason. Makes sense as he is an asset that can fetch a good usable piece and possibly unload a bad contract.

And your over the top rhetoric sounds like an argument my 9 year old would make.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
nonsense. You wanted everyone's first born on top of a 1D. If I remember right, you wasted a terrible amount of time crafting a manifesto on what it would take to trade for Johansen. And then it was a 1 for 1.

Anyhow....usually where there is smoke there is fire, and Columbus was looking to shed cap all last year and the offseason. Makes sense as he is an asset that can fetch a good usable piece and possibly unload a bad contract.

And your over the top rhetoric sounds like an argument my 9 year old would make.

How many teams trade 30 goal scorers playing at a near-PPG pace so they can shed salary? Hartnell I could see, but the Saad speculation is stu-pid (on Friedman's part, I should say).

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Except, of course, that said "manifesto" SAID it was going to be a one for one. Don't believe me? Here's the thread. Please note, in particular, question and answer #1:
Q1: What do you guys want for Johansen?
A1: A:
1) young (under age 26-27 or so)
2) top pairing (indisputably able to play at that level)
3) defenseman (not a forward)
4) with an established NHL track record (more than one year of top pairing performance at the NHL level)
Basically, Johansen's blueline equivalent.

The one mistake I did make was not believing in Jones as a #1D at the time of discussion. I was actually pretty apprehensive about it when the deal did go down. It took all of two games for that to go away - he stopped playing like Jones-as-usual and started playing like Jones-that-one-time-in-the-playoffs-when-Weber-was-injured, and doing so consistently. Accordingly, kindly take your revisionist history bull**** elsewhere.

Anyhow....usually where there is smoke there is fire

Except THERE IS NO ****ING SMOKE. Friedman was idly speculating, and he withdrew it as soon as he realized folks were interpreting that as a sourced rumor. Less than 24 hours later, in fact. Get that through your head, for once!

and Columbus was looking to shed cap all last year and the offseason.

Yep! Sure were! And then cap was shed! Or did you not notice that Tyutin was bought out, Boll was bought out, Campbell was suspended, and Clarkson was put on LTIR?

Columbus is in the TOP TEN IN THE NHL right now in terms of available cap space. TOP. TEN. With Clarkson on the shelf and likely to stay there, we've got more available cap than NASHVILLE does, for G-d's sake. (Go check CapFriendly if you don't believe me. $7,618,344 versus $5,851,975.)

I don't suffer fools well. Especially the willfully ignorant ones who'd rather come up with lies on top of BS on top of even more lies on top of even more BS rather than actually bite down and check sources for once in their damn lives. It's okay to be mistaken now and again; it's downright pathetic to keep dodging reality the way you have been.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad