Remax games CHL vs Team Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
After watching Team Russia struggle against the CHL last year, will they send a better team this year, instead of one made up mostly of the U-20 castoff team. Although Belov, Markarov didn't look play bad, and Shkotov I remember seeing in one game. I am hoping to see a better Russian team next month, which will make the games more interesting, especially with no NHL hockey, as I would think many more fans will be watching.

I saw that Groulx from Gatineau will be the coach of Team QMJHL, and I think they play on November 22nd.

Anyone want to take an early stab at who's on the teams.

Team QMJHL should be fun to watch. Crosby, Steve Beriner, Picard, Hennessy, Dixon, Bourett ?? Lantendresse?? Bourdon?? Roussin?? Lapierre??

I hope Russia sends Yemelin. How about Team WHL and Team OHL??

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
montreal said:
How about Team WHL and Team OHL??

Team OHL will/should include Mike Richards, Anthony Stewart, Jeff Carter, Corey Perry, Rob Schremp, Danny Syvret, Dave Bolland, Patrick Jarrett, Brad Richardson, Wojteck Wolski, David Shantz, Ryan Munce. I'm sure I'm missing a slew of players.

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
montreal said:
After watching Team Russia struggle against the CHL last year, will they send a better team this year, instead of one made up mostly of the U-20 castoff team. Although Belov, Markarov didn't look play bad, and Shkotov I remember seeing in one game. I am hoping to see a better Russian team next month, which will make the games more interesting, especially with no NHL hockey, as I would think many more fans will be watching.

I saw that Groulx from Gatineau will be the coach of Team QMJHL, and I think they play on November 22nd.

Anyone want to take an early stab at who's on the teams.

Team QMJHL should be fun to watch. Crosby, Steve Beriner, Picard, Hennessy, Dixon, Bourett ?? Lantendresse?? Bourdon?? Roussin?? Lapierre??

I hope Russia sends Yemelin. How about Team WHL and Team OHL??

Pouliot, Coulombe, Crosby and Roussin from would be there there for sure like last year. Bernier, Latendresse, Picard, Lapierre should be there. As for Hennessy is american so they wont put him there since this game is for the WJC, the coach will look who look good or bad.. that's why there's no 20 years old guy also... last year i wanted to see Daoust there but he couldnt :shakehead

Boisclair and Desharnais from Chicoutimi deserve to be there as well, Alexandre Vincent too.

As for the d-man, i don't know...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
CrosbyIsGod said:
Pouliot, Coulombe, Crosby and Roussin from would be there there for sure like last year. Bernier, Latendresse, Picard, Lapierre should be there. As for Hennessy is american so they wont put him there since this game is for the WJC, the coach will look who look good or bad.. that's why there's no 20 years old guy also... last year i wanted to see Daoust there but he couldnt :shakehead

Boisclair and Desharnais from Chicoutimi deserve to be there as well, Alexandre Vincent too.

As for the d-man, i don't know...

Pouliot was injured for last years games no? Daoust would be fun to see, he had a great year as well. I forgot about Hennessy, guess Jordan LaVallee would be out of the question too (as he's off to a good start with 4 goals in 6 games) although who knows if he will continue to produce. Labrecque should be there, I was hoping the Habs would have invited him to their rookie camp this summer. Perhaps Mondu gets a shot? Boisclair I would think will be there and if he continues to have a great season, I got to think some NHL team will be interested in him this summer.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Charlie_Girl49 said:
Team OHL will/should include Mike Richards, Anthony Stewart, Jeff Carter, Corey Perry, Rob Schremp, Danny Syvret, Dave Bolland, Patrick Jarrett, Brad Richardson, Wojteck Wolski, David Shantz, Ryan Munce. I'm sure I'm missing a slew of players.

That's some big names. A Richards Carter Stewart line would be very hard to shutdown. I'm hoping some of the '05's make the team. Perhaps one or two of O'Marra, Blunden, Staal, Ryder, Lawrence will get a look, but I'd be surprised if that happened. Jordan Smith should be on the team. I assume, Garlock, Berti perhaps.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Charlie_Girl49 said:

Pat Jarrett is too old and Rob Schremp is an American..... I think Justin Peters would be in over Munce (If they only pick two goalies), Munce can be inconsistant. Other than that I'd say all of those players will be there and since there isn't many stud d-men in the OHL, I think Smith and Quincey seem like shew ins too make it aswell.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
MrMastodonFarm said:
Does that matter?

I thought it was CHL vs the Russians, not Canada vs Russia?

It is CHL vs Russia, but it's to get ready for the WJC's a few weeks after, so no I can't see them using non Canadiens.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
Boomhower said:
Pat Jarrett is too old and Rob Schremp is an American..... I think Justin Peters would be in over Munce (If they only pick two goalies), Munce can be inconsistant. Other than that I'd say all of those players will be there and since there isn't many stud d-men in the OHL, I think Smith and Quincey seem like shew ins too make it aswell.
Nationality won't have an effect on the OHL/Russia games -- nor will age. Granted, most of the players will be the ones eligible for the WJC team, but there will be fill-ins where needed with American and/or overagers.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
It's part of the evaluation to determine the Canadian WJC team, or atleast help determine who gets invited to the December camp. No 1984 births will be on the team and non Canadians won't be considered. The team is actually picked in part by the GM and scouts for Canada's WJC team. Just look at the personnel picked last season for all three teams (Q, O and Dub)..... No overagers and all Canadians. I hope nobody thought Munce and Druce were better goalies last year, than Coloiacovo and Elechner.

Last edited:

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
It would be interesting if Russia sent their best youngsters.

Malkin, Ovechkin and then the Radulov, Yunkov, et al group.

It definitely would be an interesting game. But, I don't think they'll improve the group much. Especially not taking from top Russian Hockey league teams.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Boomhower said:
No 1984 births will be on the team and non Canadians won't be considered ... Just look at the personnel picked last season for all three teams (Q, O and Dub) ... No overagers and all Canadians.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that Alexei Shkotov played in at least one game for Team QMJHL in last year's series, against fellow Blues' draftee Konstantin Barulin for the Russians.

Also, does anyone have any idea if Barulin will be playing for the Russians again this year, or if Blues' draftee Nikita Nikitin will be playing? Thanks in advance.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Brian Weidler said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that Alexei Shkotov played in at least one game for Team QMJHL in last year's series, against fellow Blues' draftee Konstantin Barulin for the Russians.

Also, does anyone have any idea if Barulin will be playing for the Russians again this year, or if Blues' draftee Nikita Nikitin will be playing? Thanks in advance.

No Shkotov played for Russia. Likely due to the fact that Russia was getting shelled by Team OHL. Barulin struggled, must have been tough, as he didn't have much help. If I had to guess, I would think they might bring Borisov or Khudobin, but that's just a guess. Nikitin could be there since he played last year.

btw, I have all these games on tape if you want to see Shkotov, Barulin or Nikitin

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
Boomhower said:
It's part of the evaluation to determine the Canadian WJC team, or atleast help determine who gets invited to the December camp. No 1984 births will be on the team and non Canadians won't be considered. The team is actually picked in part by the GM and scouts for Canada's WJC team. Just look at the personnel picked last season for all three teams (Q, O and Dub)..... No overagers and all Canadians. I hope nobody thought Munce and Druce were better goalies last year, than Coloiacovo and Elechner.
You're right...... I must have been thinking of the OHL All-Star game.

Hopefully Russia sends a REAL team this time. The games against the OHL were almost painful to watch last year.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
markov` said:
From the Chicoutimi Sagueneens, Marek Zagrapan, Maxime Boisclair and Alexander Vincent should be on the team. Maybe Stanislav Lascek and David Desharnais too.

Zagrapan and Lascek won't cause they aren't Canadien. Boisclair should be there I would think, he's off to a great start. Desharnais I don't know, and Vincent could be there, Boutin as well.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
montreal said:
No Shkotov played for Russia. Likely due to the fact that Russia was getting shelled by Team OHL.

Gotcha... I thought he played for someone, just wasn't sure if it was the Q or the Russians. Thanks for setting me straight.

montreal said:
Barulin struggled, must have been tough, as he didn't have much help.

I remember reading that some of the coaches and players were praising Barulin for basically standing on his head to keep the Russians in the series. I seem to recall friom looking at the stats that he was seeing about 40 shots a night on the average (something like 200 shots against in five games).

montreal said:
If I had to guess, I would think they might bring Borisov or Khudobin, but that's just a guess. Nikitin could be there since he played last year.

btw, I have all these games on tape if you want to see Shkotov, Barulin or Nikitin

I'd love to. Send me a PM and we'll see what we can work out.

Thanks.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
All right lets see here.... from an OHL standpoint the selections commitee is probably looking at the situation like this: (Bold indicates players that are sure bets)

Centre: Mike Richards, Jeff Carter, Brad Richardson, John Mitchell, Ryan Garlock, Bryan Little.

Right Wing: Corey Perry, Anthony Stewart, David Bolland, BJ Crombeen, Zach Stortini, Micheal Blunden.

Left Wing: Wojtek Wolski, Adam Berti, Daniel Carcillo, Bryan Bickell, Liam Reddox.

Defence: Jordan Smith, Danny Syvret, Kyle Quincey, Paul Bissonette, Kyle Wharton, Mitch Maunu, Marc Staal, Marc Methot, Ryan Wilson.

Goal: David Shantz, Justin Peters, Ryan Munce and (with outside chances) Dan LaCosta, Gerald Coleman, Dan Turple.

Lard_Lad

May 12, 2003
Kelowna
Visit site
Best guess at a WHL team.

F - Ryan Getzlaf, Ryan Stone, Kyle Chipchura, Chad Klassen, Nigel Dawes, Andrew Ladd, Gilbert Brule, Eric Fehr, Clarke MacArthur, Jeremy Colliton, Dan Da Silva, Kris Hogg.
D - Shawn Belle, Jeff Schultz, Dion Phaneuf, Cam Barker, Mike Green, Brent Seabrook, Braydon Coburn, Shea Weber.
G - Devan Dubnyk, Kevin Nastiuk.

Deep at centre and very deep on defence, so a few good guys (Colin Fraser, Stefan Meyer, Mark Fistric, Andy Rogers) probably won't make it. If there's three goalies, third is Rejean Beauchemin.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Lard_Lad said:
Best guess at a WHL team.

F - Ryan Getzlaf, Ryan Stone, Kyle Chipchura, Chad Klassen, Nigel Dawes, Andrew Ladd, Gilbert Brule, Eric Fehr, Clarke MacArthur, Jeremy Colliton, Dan Da Silva, Kris Hogg.
D - Shawn Belle, Jeff Schultz, Dion Phaneuf, Cam Barker, Mike Green, Brent Seabrook, Braydon Coburn, Shea Weber.
G - Devan Dubnyk, Kevin Nastiuk.

Deep at centre and very deep on defence, so a few good guys (Colin Fraser, Stefan Meyer, Mark Fistric, Andy Rogers) probably won't make it. If there's three goalies, third is Rejean Beauchemin.

Wouldn't Jeff Glass be a better choice than Dubnyk? Or is he too old?

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
montreal said:
Zagrapan and Lascek won't cause they aren't Canadien. Boisclair should be there I would think, he's off to a great start. Desharnais I don't know, and Vincent could be there, Boutin as well.

well, TECHNICALLY Boisclair is Haitian...;)

at any rate, I echo the sentiment that it would be nice if Russia puts together an actual team, this year, rather than a few decent guys and a bunch of never-going-to-be's. I know that traditionally, Russia is very secretive about things like this, though. Maybe they don't want their best players scouted out before the WJCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad