Proposal: Reinhart and Montreal

Pierre Lebrun

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal trades 2019 1st + Arturri Lekhonen + 2018 2nd

Buffalo trades Sam Reinhart

Synopsis: Montreal obviously targeting youth and centers because of the need. Buffalo has holes on LW and Lekhonen as good upside and can play both wings. The 2019 1st has good value, as does any of the Habs 2018 2nds. McCarron can be added as well. I believe a RH center combined with Pacioretty will ensure a contract extension and revitalize Max's production.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Buffalo would say no thank you.
The reasoning is very simple, draft picks don't help where the Sabres need to go with the rebuild. They have the core pieces, of which Reinhart is one of, and will add another this draft. They need roster ready impact players, yes at LW, but also in the lines 3 and 4 area as well as a netminder to help Ullmark between the pipes this coming season. But the value isn't terrible, especially if that 2019 1st isn't protected. Just the wrong timing on such a deal is all.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Montreal trades 2019 1st + Arturri Lekhonen + 2018 2nd

Buffalo trades Sam Reinhart

Synopsis: Montreal obviously targeting youth and centers because of the need. Buffalo has holes on LW and Lekhonen as good upside and can play both wings. The 2019 1st has good value, as does any of the Habs 2018 2nds. McCarron can be added as well. I believe a RH center combined with Pacioretty will ensure a contract extension and revitalize Max's production.
No. We aren't looking to move Reinhart and certainly not for a deal centered around a draft pick that's over a year away.

Reactions: normaliswear

Draft Dynasty

Oct 28, 2014
Dont see the habs moving Lekhonen. he's one of Claude Julien favorite and pretty much the worst time to trade him after a down year mainly because of an injury.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Wouldn’t do this even lottery protected. It might be 11Ov, reinhart is a very good young player but an other one who hasn’t been able to etablished himself as a center!

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
At this point Reinhart is closer to "safe" or "untouchable" than a majority of the other pieces on the roster with Eichel, Mittelstadt, and Dahlin. It likely take a mind boggling offer to pry him loose.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
No way. Terrible offer. 3rd overall would have to come our way and that would still be a lateral move at best.

Reinhart was great the second half of the season. If he can play like that for 82 games he’s untouchable.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Please god no. Bergevin would probably do it. I'm really surprise Sabres fan wouldn't do it for the 3rd Overall this year. I think Renhart is a good young player, but will never be a 1st line player... the 3rd + lekhonen + 2n would be crazy overpayment imo!!!

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
There’s no trade Montreal can do for Reinhart that isn’t 4-5 pieces long, and those trades don’t happen.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Not close for me. Reinhart
Please god no. Bergevin would probably do it. I'm really surprise Sabres fan wouldn't do it for the 3rd Overall this year. I think Renhart is a good young player, but will never be a 1st line player... the 3rd + lekhonen + 2n would be crazy overpayment imo!!!
Reinhart looked every bit the part of a top line winger the latter half of this season. He is a special player and is more likely to be a 1st line winger long term than not.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
If its not lottery protected, I say yes. If it is lottery protected I say no. I like Lekhonen and an early 2018 2nd would be good too but I agree the key piece here is the 2019 2nd and if Im giving up Reinhart I dont dont this pick to have any protection.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
At this point, if Habs want Reinhart, it means Buff is looking for immediate help for playoffs. If not, they keep building with Reinhart on the squad.

:sabres
Shea Weber

:habs
Sam Reinhart
Jake McCabe

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
The value is there, but the offer isn't right. The 2019 1st doesn't help them at all next season (and who knows when it would, especially depending on where the pick lands).

Reinhart is just starting to really develop into the player we expected when Buffalo drafted him (not that he hasn't been good in previous seasons. He has. But he really took it up a notch).
He's a good ways into his development at this point and we will be expecting him to continue to build on his amazing 2nd half of the season.

It would probably have to be something more like #3 overall for Reinhart.

But I'm not sure that makes sense for either team.

I mean, it does make some sense. If Buffalo plans on keeping Reinhart on the wing, then trading him for Zadina (who is a LW, where Buffalo has little depth and Zadina someone who could potentially be Eichel's long term winger).
And it gives Montreal a chance to play and develop Reinhart, a recent #2 overall pick, at his natural C position.

But ultimately, both teams may pass. It is a gamble for Buffalo that Zadina turns out better than Reinhart in the long run, and they'd also have to put that 3yrs of development into Zadina that Reinhart has already.

And it's a gamble for Montreal giving up such a high pick and also that Reinhart can develop into a #1 C.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Not a great fit of a trade for either team. Reinhart is great but he's not enough to fill Montreal's problems, they have a lot of holes to fill and trading away that much draft capital + a very good bottom six/bordering 2nd line guy in Lehkonen is not ideal. From Buffalo's point of view, although the value is great, and Lehkonen would fit in very well, Reinhart just had a breakout season and they are not in need of more draft picks. They need skilled 22 year olds that are peaking... guys like Sam Reinhart.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Horrible for mtl. That pick will likely be worth like 100 times Reinhart literally

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad