Refs at it again in CGY/FLA game

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Barkov takes a high stick and is bleeding profusely. Only 2 minutes.

And they got the wrong guy. It was Giordano not Hamilton.

What's the rule book say regarding 4:00 vs 2:00 and blood drawn?

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Hamilton high sticked a guy right before that and that’s why he got a penalty. I guess the refs just missed Giordano’s high stick. It sucks for the Panthers but it happens

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
You should watch the game... hamilton highstick dadanov first which was called, then gio highsticked barkov away from the play and it was missed... no doubt we got away with a big one there tho

MtoD

Feb 4, 2018
the rulebook just states that if a high-stick results in an injury, it should be a double minor.

blood = injury

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Yeah that was god awful. It’s like the refs only saw Hamilton on Dadonov and called nothing on Gio. Hamilton should have gotten a 2 and Gio should have gotten a 4. Dodged a bullet

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
the rulebook just states that if a high-stick results in an injury, it should be a double minor.

blood = injury

Hamilton didn't cause blood and got the penalty

Gio caused blood and didn't get called at all.

So they missed it but it had nothing to do with that rule.

CF84

I want to go home, O I want to go home!
Feb 21, 2017
The real cowtown, AB

blood = injury
Sure, but the refs missed Gio's high-stick so you can't add 2 minutes to a missed call. Hamilton got a penalty at the same time Gio cut Barkov. Calgary got lucky there and it sucks when the refs miss calls like that.

MtoD

Feb 4, 2018
Sure, but the refs missed Gio's high-stick so you can't add 2 minutes to a missed call. Hamilton got a penalty at the same time Gio cut Barkov. Calgary got lucky there and it sucks when the refs miss calls like that.

I was just answering the question posed in the OP..

Reactions: CF84

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Jesus Christ. seriously?

Can we put a moratorium on ref threads? Every 2nd day, a thread about crappy reffing

We get it. The refs suck and are totally against your team.

Can we move on from this?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad