Reformatted OHL Draft Pick Database

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Hey guys, I've been helping ScoresFromCentre update the database since this past trade deadline. I wasn't able to update conditions for a while but I'm trying to slowly catch up. However, I've become a little stuck with a condition in the Robert Thomas trade. Because Hamilton won this year their 3rd round pick in 2022 was upgraded to a 2nd in 2023 to London. However, this pick was then traded to Flint for Nicolas Mattinen (non-conditional). If anyone has any info on this then it'd be appreciated. Thanks.
This was posted by PhlyerPhanatic on the London board a while back:

The Knights automatically get Hamilton’s second-round pick in 2021. They hold Mississauga’s second-round pick in 2020, which jumps to a ’19 selection if the Bulldogs are able to acquire one.
London will own a third-rounder in 2022 that becomes a second-round pick in ’23 if Thomas helps Hamilton wins the OHL championship in May.
The 2025 and ’26 second-round picks come into play only if Thomas is returned to junior hockey next season.

Reactions: ScoresFromCentre

coolwood

Dec 9, 2016
This was posted by PhlyerPhanatic on the London board a while back:

The Knights automatically get Hamilton’s second-round pick in 2021. They hold Mississauga’s second-round pick in 2020, which jumps to a ’19 selection if the Bulldogs are able to acquire one.
London will own a third-rounder in 2022 that becomes a second-round pick in ’23 if Thomas helps Hamilton wins the OHL championship in May.
The 2025 and ’26 second-round picks come into play only if Thomas is returned to junior hockey next season.
Yes I've seen that I was just saying though that Hamilton's 2023 2nd was traded to Flint for Nicolas Mattinen a day later. So what pick are London receiving for Hamilton winning the finals?

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Yes I've seen that I was just saying though that Hamilton's 2023 2nd was traded to Flint for Nicolas Mattinen a day later. So what pick are London receiving for Hamilton winning the finals?
personally I think the 2nd is going back to Hamilton in the offseason I feel it was just a place holder in a 2 part trade that's just my opinion

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
Last edited:

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
personally I think the 2nd is going back to Hamilton in the offseason I feel it was just a place holder in a 2 part trade that's just my opinion

I could certainly see an off-season trade where the Knights get a player back for picks and possibly Gruden. RW is a need so Entwistle would be a nice pickup.
I don’t think the pick aquired from Hamilton would be allowed to be traded back to them though. It would have to be different picks. And if Hamilton had already traded their 2nd to Flint, maybe they’ll be on the hook to acquire another 2nd in 2023 to send to London.

Reactions: TheCoach

ScoresFromCentre

Jan 29, 2016
Thanks all, really appreciate the support! I'm glad everyone's found the database helpful. coolwood's done a great job (and Peter Kneulman too, when he's had time), but I'd love to add another person to the staff if possible. Again, feel free to drop me a line if you're interested.

boknows

Oct 15, 2015
This is a great thread. Response is made to keep thread current. With trade period opening up in August, we will likely be checking draft picks available etc...

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
So you think that the Bulldogs and Firebirds aren't done? What do you think will happen to send that pick back to Hamilton?

BogeyJ

Jan 5, 2016
I was just looking at the pick database for the first time in a while and I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not but wouldn't Kitchener now re own the 2nd 2020 pick that was based on Jacob Tortora playing for them in 17-18? And the other 2nds would be held by Barie if he shows up in Kitchener 18-19? And obviously go back to Kitchener if he doesn't show up by season end. Point being kitchener could potentially re trade that 2nd round 2020 pick this year since he didn't show in 17-18?

Last edited:

coolwood

Dec 9, 2016
I was just looking at the pick database for the first time in a while and I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not but wouldn't Kitchener now re own the 2nd 2020 pick that was based on Jacob Tortora playing for them in 17-18? And the other 2nds would be held by Barie if he shows up in Kitchener 18-19? And obviously go back to Kitchener if he doesn't show up by season end. Point being kitchener could potentially re trade that 2nd round 2020 pick this year since he didn't show in 17-18?
The pick does now belong to kitchener but I'm not sure whether it will go back to them this year or next year. Good question

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009

The pick comes back to Kitchener but now goes straight to Guelph to complete conditions on the Givani Smith deal.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
The conditional 4th round pick that Ottawa received in the Hunter Carrick trade of 08/08/2017 will not vest now that he has chosen the NCAA route.

Thanks again for maintaining this great database!

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
Yes thank you for your work. Is the link the same one on the 1st page of this forum still?

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I am likely reading things wrong but I did not see Missy owning a second from London that they used on their last trade. Just me?

coolwood

Dec 9, 2016
I am likely reading things wrong but I did not see Missy owning a second from London that they used on their last trade. Just me?
That's very interesting.... after a bit of investigating the pick went from London to Barrie in the Adrian Carbonara trade in November 2016. The ONLY trade that could warrant a second/had conditionals was the trade BEFORE then in September when Kiril Nizhnikov defected for a bunch of picks.

However, 4 of the picks were conditional (2x 3rds, 1x 4th, 1x 5th), on the database the only info we have on the conditional is if Barrie "can't come to terms on other trades they're working on" (per mississauga.com).

It also says it is assumed the picks would be in the same rounds just different years however, I think we have to assume that the 2nd aquired for Carbonara was the "other trade".

I don't think I'll be able to get a concrete answer for you, sorry.

Reactions: Tarantula

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->