Recalled/Assigned: Reese Johnson and Colin Delia

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Makes sense. Neither guy was very important to Rockford down the stretch. Johnson played one game for them I think coming back from his injury.

Reactions: shadow1

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Makes sense. Neither guy was very important to Rockford down the stretch. Johnson played one game for them I think coming back from his injury.
I disagree Reese made a huge difference in Ice Hogs lineup with size and grit up the middle. Right now they are a donut ( no decent C) apart from Reichel.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
I disagree Reese made a huge difference in Ice Hogs lineup with size and grit up the middle. Right now they are a donut ( no decent C) apart from Reichel.

Johnson would be a difference making in the AHL. My point was, since he hasn't been there for most of the season (and not at all in the second half of the season, save one game), the Icehogs won't miss him down the stretch like they would a player who's been there and been helping them stay in the playoff picture.

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Johnson would be a difference making in the AHL. My point was, since he hasn't been there for most of the season (and not at all in the second half of the season, save one game), the Icehogs won't miss him down the stretch like they would a player who's been there and been helping them stay in the playoff picture.
Hopefully Wise is added shortly , they need centers.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022

Who knows if they're even going to sign Wise at this point. I don't see anything in the NCAA but I think he would have needed to have a borderline dominant season for CHI to sign him. Looking at his stats, seems like he had a solid-good year. Probably not enough to get an NHL contract. Maybe the Hawks can convince him to go on an AHL deal. Will be interesting to see if he and his agent thinks he'll get NHL offers later in the summer if he waits.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I dont think they're severely lacking in centers at all... they've been good lately and even Barratt gas been on wing. Slavin plays center, Reichel, Garrett Mitchell.

They need more skilled players because they have enough gritty forwards and not having Johnson is fine.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Doesn't seem like it. They've been able to sign him for some time now. His season already ended.

Unless he just wants a bit of a break, I don't know.

But doesn't seem like he'll get signed.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Wise looked like a solid prospect but was derailed in his development......I think there's more upside there......Johnson is good replacement for Carpenter----better straight line speed and more agitation.....glad to see him on the 4th to finish out the year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad