Reduce Schedule

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
I am not in favour of reducing the schedule. I don’t see a need for it. I do think though they need to go from playoffs being done by conference to a division playoff format. Under my idea the top four teams in each division would qualify for the playoffs. In the first round 1st would play 4th and 2nd would play 3rd. The winners of those series would play for division title. The two division winners in each conference would play for the conference title. and as happens now, the two conference champions would play for the OHL championship. The reason I am favour of this is to cut down the travel for teams in the first and second rounds.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
I am not in favour of reducing the schedule. I don’t see a need for it. I do think though they need to go from playoffs being done by conference to a division playoff format. Under my idea the top four teams in each division would qualify for the playoffs. In the first round 1st would play 4th and 2nd would play 3rd. The winners of those series would play for division title. The two division winners in each conference would play for the conference title. and as happens now, the two conference champions would play for the OHL championship. The reason I am favour of this is to cut down the travel for teams in the first and second rounds.
The only division this truly benefits is the West, unless you find some magical way to realign.. but that's been beaten to death and I think even then there would be outliers

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Unless you find some magical way to realign..
Let's discuss all the options, I don't think we've done justice to this topic.

Technically Erie is further east than Brantford. I wonder if putting Erie in the East and Brantford in the West might make sense from a purely geographical point of view?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
There are not enough teams to have a divisional playoff imo. Sarnia would be in, and OS out of the playoffs and in the draft lottery? The west division is weak enough compared to the mid-west as is, it would be a lot worse if a mid-west team was guaranteed a top four pick every year.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobber

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
There are not enough teams to have a divisional playoff imo. Sarnia would be in, and OS out of the playoffs and in the draft lottery? The west division is weak enough compared to the mid-west as is, it would be a lot worse if a mid-west team was guaranteed a top four pick every year.
Good points Dirty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad