12. Picard
13. Smid
14 and on, I just got bored dont feeel like finishing

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
Fists of Fuhry said:
Hey, I'm sure he's not the only one who'd prefer to have a solid 2nd liner as opposed to a potential 1st line scorer. But for FDW calling out another poster as a homer for suggesting that Schremp might be more valuable than Stafford is a bit rich. As for the "calling it as he sees it" part, I'll leave it to the curious posters out there to find for themselves a FDW post where he wasn't touting Flame's prospect or bashing an Oilers' prospect - A quick search of posting history will reveal his flame bias.

No, I called the guy a homer for mentioning 3 Oilers prospects from the 2004 as being underrated. It's like he wasn't even paying attention to the non-Oilers prospects, which tends to make me question his credibility on all of them.

If I said Prust, Chucko and Boyd were all underrated and that's about all I said in my post then I'd expect people to call me a homer as well.

It has nothing to do with Stafford vs Schremp specifically but everything to do with mentioning all of Schremp, Dubnyk, Paukovich and not mentioning any other team's 1st rounder at all. One indication of a homer to me is a guy who only likes to talk about his team's prospects.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
1. Ovechkin
2. Malkin
3. Barker
4. Olesz
5. Ladd
6. Smid
7. Tukonen
8. Stafford
9. Schremp
10. Radulov
11. Meszaros
12. Picard
13. Dubnyk
14. Nokelainen
15. Schwarz
16. Zajac
17. Thelen
18. Wolski
19. Chipchura
20. Bolland
21. Korpikoski
22. Green
23. Valabik
24. Kaspar
25. Wheeler
26. Montoya
27. Voloshenko
28. Fistric
29. Schneider
30. Salmonsson

Habitantpeasoup

Jul 5, 2004
Za Great White North
misfit said:
1. Ovechkin
2. Malkin
3. Barker
4. Olesz
5. Ladd
6. Smid
7. Tukonen
8. Stafford
9. Schremp
10. Radulov
11. Meszaros
12. Picard
13. Dubnyk
14. Nokelainen
15. Schwarz
16. Zajac
17. Thelen
18. Wolski
19. Chipchura
20. Bolland
21. Korpikoski
22. Green
23. Valabik
24. Kaspar
25. Wheeler
26. Montoya
27. Voloshenko
28. Fistric
29. Schneider
30. Salmonsson

No love for chipchura!

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
ciggyboy said:
No love for chipchura!

Uh he had his at number 19... read it again ;)

I am surprised that he moved Schwarz up after a lacklustre season in the WHL this year and the fact that he took off back home as soon as the season ended. I would be worried about him ever coming back to NA...

CurtisJD13

Feb 9, 2005
Why is everyone dissing Cory Schneider? At this point I'd much rather have Schneider than Montoya. At least Schneider's stock hasn't fallen since his draft day. I don't think Montoya would even go in the 1st round with his play since then.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Legionnaire said:
He didn't crack in either situation. His entire defense did in both cases. BC played horribly, and lets not forget some of the iffy selections that were made for Team USA's d-corp.
He cracked in the BC game, his team wasn't great but he was horrible and didn't give them a shot to win.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
turnbuckle said:
To be honest, I see no reason why Thelen, Montoya, Tukonen, and Zajac are rated above Chipchura after last season - in fact, if Chipchura hadn't suffered that injury I'd be tempted to list him at or near the top ten. He's about as well-rounded a prospect as you'll find, with the only question being his top-end speed. If he can find another step in his stride I daresay he could wind up being one of the top 7 or 8 NHLers from that draft.

If you don't know why Zajac should go above Chipchura in the draft then you didn't watch enough of him this year. He was a dominating force for most nights this year. He showed exactly why he is dubbed as a power forward prospect. Great hands, creativity, hockey sense, plays physical, can basically do it all. Yet another great pick by the Devils. By no means is Chipchura a slouch, I actually think he's going to be one of the better players drafted last year, but Zajac is ahead of him in terms of prospects right now.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Kritty said:
If you don't know why Zajac should go above Chipchura in the draft then you didn't watch enough of him this year. He was a dominating force for most nights this year. He showed exactly why he is dubbed as a power forward prospect. Great hands, creativity, hockey sense, plays physical, can basically do it all. Yet another great pick by the Devils. By no means is Chipchura a slouch, I actually think he's going to be one of the better players drafted last year, but Zajac is ahead of him in terms of prospects right now.
yeah, but but...even though chipchura barely even played this year, his stock has STILL risen! way beyond zajacs!

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria
Minus the WJC, Schneider had a very good season, and exceeded the expections of many. He nearly completely took over the starting spot from a senior at his University.

I think he would have went higher than where the Canucks picked him.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Flames Draft Watcher said:
No, I called the guy a homer for mentioning 3 Oilers prospects from the 2004 as being underrated. It's like he wasn't even paying attention to the non-Oilers prospects, which tends to make me question his credibility on all of them.

If I said Prust, Chucko and Boyd were all underrated and that's about all I said in my post then I'd expect people to call me a homer as well.

It has nothing to do with Stafford vs Schremp specifically but everything to do with mentioning all of Schremp, Dubnyk, Paukovich and not mentioning any other team's 1st rounder at all. One indication of a homer to me is a guy who only likes to talk about his team's prospects.

I don't remember saying that they were underrated "with the exception of Dubnyk", I just mentioned that IMO Paukovich could now possibly be considered as a late 1st rounder. As for Prust, I like the kid, I think that it will be very interesting to see him line up against Schremp. BTW-aren't you the same Flames fan who once told me that Horcoff would never play in the NHL??? I see no reason why either of the Oilers 2 first rounders or Paukovich's stock would've dropped??? Why don't you elaborate??? I've stated that Stafford will be a 3rd line type player, I like Prust, Ovechkin IMO is a bit overrated, Malkin wasn't great against the US in the WJC's, O'sullivan isn't as good as Schremp,Weber is a damn solid D prospect, I make statements about players that I've seen and Oiler prospects who I've followed all season. So tell me why I'm such a huge Homer again???

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
misfit said:
1. Ovechkin
2. Malkin
3. Barker
4. Olesz
5. Ladd
6. Smid
7. Tukonen
8. Stafford
9. Schremp
10. Radulov
11. Meszaros
12. Picard
13. Dubnyk
14. Nokelainen
15. Schwarz
16. Zajac
17. Thelen
18. Wolski
19. Chipchura
20. Bolland
21. Korpikoski
22. Green
23. Valabik
24. Kaspar
25. Wheeler
26. Montoya
27. Voloshenko
28. Fistric
29. Schneider
30. Salmonsson

At 22 someone's still getting a steal out of Mike Green.

He should be a decent bit higher in my opinion. But whatever. I guess all the other teams that passed saw something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad