Redline's TOP 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
avid_leaf_guy said:
Based on what?

I'm assuming you haven't seen every other top 10 candidate play.
I have seen everyone in Redline's top 15. (Although I don't really remember Zagrapan very much....was he even in the top prospects game?)

And I will fully support Rabid Ranger and say that Jack Skille is a top 10 pick.

As for your assessments....
Robbie Schremp.....saying F word in interviews.
Jiri Hudler......about as tall as my 12 year old kid.
Lauri Tukonen.....ego driven....debateable skill set.
Zach Parise.......short.
Wojtek Wolski.....at times indifferent play.
Dan Fritsche....serious injury.
Petr Kanko....no top end skills, but 3rd line grinder skills.

There are less questions in my mind about Skille than any of the players you mentioned.

And your posts do seem argumentative.

Have a nice day. :)

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
GagneOwnsYou said:
Myself, I don't see Pouliot being anything special at all. A decent 2nd line scorer. He's far too undisciplined, lazy and inconsistent for me to justify him being this high.

You seem to be on your own. It seems every scouting service has Pouliot above Ryan. Of course they are close enough that Ryan could go higher, it just doesn't seem too likely.

Kirk- NEHJ

Aug 22, 2002
CAV Country!
www.hockeyjournal.com
The Macho Man said:
Like in 2001 they had Chistov at no1 ahead of Kovalchuck. :shakehead
Red Line isn't very good IMO.

Wrong.

In 2001, Kovalchuk was the top-rated player in their final rankings. They had Chistov rated at the top for ONE month during 2000-01, after he had a sensational international tournament, then moved him back down at the end of the season.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
The one game I've seen of Skille I really liked him. But that's such a small sample that I'd not bet the world on that.

I really like the fact that they put the 3 Q players in that order. I'd pick Latendresse, Zagrapan and Bourret in that order too. Altough I would be tempted to rank Zagrapan above Latendresse at times.

Zagrapan's hockey sense is unbelievable, always at the right spot at the right time. Hockey sense is something you have or you don't and it can hardly be improved upon, I'm really high on players with hockey sense. Plus he's a good skater and great passer too. He's got a lot of potential.

I like Bourret as a junior more than I like Latendresse but I see Latendresse's game translating better to the pros if he can overcome some of his shortcomings (ie. skating, shot accuracy).

Bourret has impressed me too, but there's something I can't quite put into words that makes me careful about him. I think it's got something with small gritty players who rely a lot on toughness at the junior level, I feel he won't be able to use that to his advantage at the pro level unless it's as a mean to agitate. I don't know, I just don't think he's got the potential to be a 1st liner. But getting a projected gritty 2nd line guy with heart is not bad in the middle of the first round either... but I'd not pick him above Latendresse or Zagrapan, even though Latendresse is more risky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad