Redline's final top 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Newsguyone said:
You wanna explain why? I'm just curious.

I think Red Line is spooked by Johnson not being on the WJC team. He wasn't as dominating in the second half as he was in the first half.

I do think that Latendresse is a bit high.

I think Woodlief is a bit more astute than that. There was no good reason for Johnson to have been left off the WJC team and everyone knows it. As for Johnson's placement on Woodlief's list, he's still top five and the top defenseman. I don't see what the big deal is.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Newsguyone said:
Didn't they have almost a full year after college?

Anyway, Johnson's comments make me wonder.

This is a non-issue as far as I'm concerned. Johnson hasn't played a single year of college hockey yet. He might be amped to stay all four years know, but that doesn't mean that's written in stone. There have been many players through the years who have echoed similar sentiments and have given up their college eligibility when the NHL and dollars come a calling.

sensens

Jun 11, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
This list does seem pretty odd... thats some pretty impressive faith in Latendresse, and a pretty sudden bottoming out for Bobby Ryan. If Ryan's still available when Ottawa's #9 pick rolls around, I'll be dancing all over my apartment tomorrow morning.

Duster

Feb 20, 2004
Rabid Ranger said:
I think Woodlief is a bit more astute than that. There was no good reason for Johnson to have been left off the WJC team and everyone knows it. As for Johnson's placement on Woodlief's list, he's still top five and the top defenseman. I don't see what the big deal is.

I agree. It's been stated earlier. This is not a list that reflects where each will be drafted but rather one of talent in Red Line's opinion. Johnson could go 2nd as he is the top defenseman available and if Burke feels he needs a defenseman.

MHNet

May 31, 2005
MichiganHockey.net
Rabid Ranger said:
This is a non-issue as far as I'm concerned. Johnson hasn't played a single year of college hockey yet. He might be amped to stay all four years know, but that doesn't mean that's written in stone. There have been many players through the years who have echoed similar sentiments and have given up their college eligibility when the NHL and dollars come a calling.

Exactly... there was another article a few days ago (can't remember which newspaper off hand) in which Johnson said he's committed to Michigan this season and after that he'll go year-by-year determining when to turn pro, so his tune has already changed a little.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Remember, it's a ranking, not a mock draft.

Keep in mind NHL lists will look even more out of wack than this. That's why Wheeler goes 5th overall when he's a 2nd rounder on every mock, and O'Sullivan and Hudler drop out of the 1st round when every mock had them top 15.

turnbuckle*

GagneOwnsYou said:
I can`t wait for turnbuckle to see this. Not that I disagree with him.

He he. Quite a way to greet a hangover I tell ya. I feel like grabbing another drink!

Marc Staal's skating ability is rare for a defenceman, and if the NHL really does crack down on clutching and grabbing, Staal will excel. The kid is IMO going to be one of the top five players from this draft. For him to be ranked in the 20s is unconscionable.

As for Ryan being BELOW Latendresse; words can't describe...................

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
MikeJones said:
Why?

Is a ranking going to make a player any better than he is?

That's not what he meant. He was implying that if the draft went by Woodlief's list, Johnson would fall to the Habs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad