RedLine's early favorites for 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPORTSMANIAC

Nov 15, 2004
Lewiston, Maine
mvn.com
Reading the article I don't like Hockey Canada saying where a kid can play or can't play at any age. If a kid wants to go to Shattuck's let him. I know where I go to high school we have one of the powerhouses in hockey in the state of Maine and we get a good number of best players in the state from other cities in the state. Sure the high school (s) don't like that they don't get their players that they delevolped through the youth program but my school is a private/religious school and it is for an education reason as well. Shattuck's must have a very good education program and the school must stress student-athlete over athlete-student. Hockey Canada should remember most of the kids comeback a year or two later to play in the CHL. Sidney Crosby and Angelo Espito (sp) examples. But if the kid goes NCAA route it gives the kid how to be a full time student/athlete. The kid will learn a life lesson time mangement. Hockey Canada don't take the kid life and control it. You just losing maybe 10 to 15% of your top prospects.

MHNet

May 31, 2005
MichiganHockey.net
It's sick to think that Minnesota has Kessel coming in this year and Okposo and Johnson next year...and up until a month or so ago, had Mueller, too. Quite a job they've done grabbing the top 2006 picks.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
I always take Redline with a grain of salt and I'm sure those rankings will change but it's awesome to see five US players in the top ten like that. I can't wait until McKeens and ISS come out with thier preliminary rankings so we can see what the concensus is.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
cagney said:
I always take Redline with a grain of salt and I'm sure those rankings will change but it's awesome to see five US players in the top ten like that. I can't wait until McKeens and ISS come out with thier preliminary rankings so we can see what the concensus is.

yea, i said earlier i thought the us could put 10-12 in the 1st round. 5 in the top 10, even though its a year away, is pretty impressive. i was surprised to see johnson higher then mueller. i think sanguinetti will make a huge push. does anyone know when the other services rankings come out?

Korkki

Mar 6, 2002
Pori, Finland
What a piece of crap. Where really is Joensuu? Anyway, if he falls out of top 10 I am really surprised especially because he has been quite good in this preseason.

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
Korkki said:
What a piece of crap. Where really is Joensuu? Anyway, if he falls out of top 10 I am really surprised especially because he has been quite good in this preseason.

I thought of the same, but then I just thought to myself that it doesn't matter.. The draft is still a year away, we'll see then :)

BrentZ10

Jun 30, 2005
Isn't Kessel playing for Minnesota this year? Or is that list just their 2004-05 teams?

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
Based on what? He hasn't played any games in Philadelphia.

Makes no sense why FOligno should, but Staal shouldn't.

Sticky*

orangeandblack said:
That was my point, they both shouldnt be.

You're amusing. And I assume you've never seen the kid play. He will go in the top 10 in next years draft. Bank on it.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
Sticky said:
You're amusing. And I assume you've never seen the kid play. He will go in the top 10 in next years draft. Bank on it.

i actually have seen him play, and i think he is very good. hes already very big and has a nice shot. he came on towards the end of last season. i never said he wouldnt end up in the top 10, i just dont think hes there now. his numbers last year were decent, and if he has a big season, he could definitely be a top 10 or higher pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad