Redline Report:Nigel Williams in the top 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
A scant 12 months later, Williams is making that same meteoric rise up the charts here at Red Line, only this year he's already cracked our top 10 by November.

He's huge (6-5/220) and has great mobility and puck skills. Plus he's naturally aggressive at both ends and wants to impact the game on every shift. He plays with a zest for the game that's infectious, and he's definitely one of our favorites for the 2006 draft — but we suspect he won't be a sleeper for much longer

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/columnist/woodlief/2005-11-25-red-line-report_x.htm

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
RangerBoy said:
McKeen's has Williams at #21 in their November/December rankings
I think he'll go closer to McKeen's 21 than Red Line's 8.

And it looks like it wasn't just the "Canadian media bias", as claimed by a few posters, when Bob McKenzie stated that Toews could have a shot at going #1 in his article a few weeks ago.

Jonathan Toews (Univ. of North Dakota) — Was already fourth on our list, so how much higher can he climb? Well, we've been so impressed by the blazing start to his college career that we flirted with making him #1 overall.

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
The RedLine Report is by far the most unreliable scouting service. For example, they had Luc Bourdon ranked as a second rounder for their final rankings, while the vastg majority had him under 15.

Blue Bullet

Feb 27, 2002
Bon Accord, AB
Visit site
bigd said:
I think he'll go closer to McKeen's 21 than Red Line's 8.

I think he is in between the two. He's still raw but 6'5 220 lb d-men with his upside are hard to pass on. I wouldn't be shocked to see him go higher than expected. Pokulok went 14th last year and Williams is a much better player IMO.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
clay said:
The RedLine Report is by far the most unreliable scouting service. For example, they had Luc Bourdon ranked as a second rounder for their final rankings, while the vastg majority had him under 15.
They're not meant to be reliable. They even say so themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad