Redline Report is here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Rumor is he was caught singing Duran Duran tunes in the lockerroom...

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
Le list isn't great. Bourdon will not be a top 10 pick...I see him falling in the second round. Vincent will be draft earlier then Levasseur and I can't see more then one goaler pick in the top 10.

Kitsune

Feb 20, 2003
Toronto ON CA
www.glidingeagle.com
Adam Mcquid gets a mention, very interesting as thats 3 defenseman from Sudbury the scouts like so far, with Lamb and Staal being the other two....

As well, Staal will be the best defenceman to come out of the OHL in the 05 class, hes maturing into a twoway defenseman, hes getting a decent amount of time on the PP and is developing a very nice shot. Look for his stock to rise...

Sticky*

Staal should be there ahead of Kindl and Parent. And to clarify what they mean about Heshmatour, that goes back to before the OHL draft where there were whispers that he was actually up to 3yrs older than his birth certificate indicated.

BobMckenzie

Jul 23, 2003
Rabid Ranger said:
I noticed that as well. Does anyone (Juan?) have some insight into this?

Throughout his minor hockey days in Toronto, Hesh (it's easier to call him that than try to spell his last name) was so much bigger than everyone else and more often than not played up a year against the 1986 birth year. The stories that were circulated, all just innuendo and rumour, is that Hesh is actually a lot older than an '87 birthdate. There were always stories that he had no birth certificate and his age was being fudged to give him a competitive advantage. To my knowledge, there's never been anything remotely close to proof of that and in my humble opinion it's a moot point and shame on anyone who would spread that rumour if they don't have proof. I'm sure Juan will have something to say about, if I'm not mistaken Juan is Hesh's agent.

Bob McKenzie
TSN

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
BobMckenzie said:
Throughout his minor hockey days in Toronto, Hesh (it's easier to call him that than try to spell his last name) was so much bigger than everyone else and more often than not played up a year against the 1986 birth year. The stories that were circulated, all just innuendo and rumour, is that Hesh is actually a lot older than an '87 birthdate. There were always stories that he had no birth certificate and his age was being fudged to give him a competitive advantage. To my knowledge, there's never been anything remotely close to proof of that and in my humble opinion it's a moot point and shame on anyone who would spread that rumour if they don't have proof. I'm sure Juan will have something to say about, if I'm not mistaken Juan is Hesh's agent.

Bob McKenzie
TSN

Thanks for the insights Bob. I didn't realize Juan was his agent. although that clears up a few things for me. Any idea whether "Hesh" is still trying to obtain Canadian citizenship, or has that been put on the backbburner?

leafaholix*

:lol:

"Where does Canadian phenom Sidney Crosby rank in RLR's top-10 prospect list?"

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Hero of Tragedy said:
Any Russians wanna chime in on why you think Anikeenko wasn't in that top 10?

I'm guessing that it has more to do with it being the start of the season and lack of exposure to the Euro-teams/prospects.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
Nice list. Carey Price deserves a high ranking, but I don't know if I'd put him that high just yet. Still, he's a hell of a package. I'll get to see him later on in the season and I'm looking forward to it.

The only question mark I had on this list: Ryan Parent at #10? I have him rated much lower than that. OHL fans - am I missing something here?

leafaholix*

Expect Casey Price to be in the top 10 on almost every one of Woodlief's lists. He seems to be in love with the guy.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Leafaholix said:
Expect Casey Price to be in the top 10 on almost every one of Woodlief's lists. He seems to be in love with the guy.

And that's what I'm talking about Doomsday. Every year Woodlief has players that he's in love with eg Brown and Kastitsyn

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Jay Thompson said:
Nice list. Carey Price deserves a high ranking, but I don't know if I'd put him that high just yet. Still, he's a hell of a package. I'll get to see him later on in the season and I'm looking forward to it.

The only question mark I had on this list: Ryan Parent at #10? I have him rated much lower than that. OHL fans - am I missing something here?

McKeens noted he was probably the best defensive defencemen for Canada at the U18's for Canada, but that's all I've heard. They had him at 35 in their pre-season rankings. I too was surprised to see him in the top 10. His production is up so far this year, so maybe he does have offensive upside. Hearing from a Guelph fan or western Ontario OHL fan would be good. .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->