Redline for March

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by LaLaLaprise, Mar 22, 2007.

1. LaLaLaprise

LaLaLaprise lalalaprise -twitter

2. Zeus6754

Zeus6754 Registered User

Nothing good to say about Angelo Esposito.... it's a shame with such a good name

3. HFNHL Canadiens

HFNHL Canadiens Registered User

student
    Katic continues to be rated highly by Redline, I don't feel he is top 10 material to be honest, I don't feel he is top 20 material, I don't think he will be picked in the 1st rnd. I guess we will have to wait and see

4. Slink

Slink Registered User

Why did Cherepanov go so low?

5. leafmon

leafmon Registered User

Dale Mitchell: Has plenty of grit, gets involved and has banged home an astounding 43 goals on the second line of a bad team with no one to get him the puck.

Based on others I've seen ranked around him he should go in the second round

6. Blind Gardien

Blind Gardien nexus of the crisis

Space Goat
    "The real wild card in the bunch is Russian winger Alexei Cherepanov, who is as skilled as any of the rest, but has many question marks surrounding his intensity, consistency and attitude."

Presumably Mr. Woodlief didn't like what he saw at the Five Nations awhile back, per his February column...
    "On the other side of the ledger, we were so disgusted with the performance of Alexei Cherepanov that our initial reaction was to drop him from our top 10 simply as a protest vote."

(I'm also presuming that all of the services basically try to rank the players purely on talent/projection, not factoring in any IIHF transfer concerns, which might come into play for NHL teams making picks, but which I think all the major services say they don't consider for their rankings (although they might for any "mock drafts" they subsequently publish? :dunno: )).

7. Blind Gardien

Blind Gardien nexus of the crisis

Space Goat
    The intangible I always wonder at is the character. "People say" he's such a good guy, which I have no idea how to quantify or verify, but which presumably has to be factoring into the equation for anybody who is ranking him so highly? :dunno:

8. Bobby39

Bobby39 Registered User

The kid has taken his game to another level, him and Downie were the two best players on the ice in the 1st game of their Playoff Series. Someone will grab him in the Top 20 without thinking twice.

9. Hunter Gathers

Hunter Gathers White guilt milquetoast piece of human garbage. Sponsor

Corporate Drone
    Riley Nash and Dana Tyrell are my two top choices for the Rangers if they pick in the late teens right now if guys like Sweatt and Petrecki are already gone.

Good to see both getting the recognition they deserve.

10. WesternCollegeHockey

WesternCollegeHockey Registered User

What were they hoping for? That he wouldn't get injured? It really seems like they saw him play a couple times at the beginning of the year when he was playing on a bad ankle, and have been ripping him ever since. He was actually pretty dominant at the state tournament.