Red Wings wins the gold!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldark

Jun 5, 2002
Ann Arbor
www.
A Gold Medal was one of the few things missing from Lidstrom's resume - glad he got the game-winning goal as well!

As a Redwings fan, I was proud of the way our players played!

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
It was a great day to be a Wings fan. Hopefully this is an omen for the Stanley Cup playoffs. Red Wings players as a whole were probably the most impressive group of NHLers from one team in the tournament.

SChan*

Epsilon said:
It was a great day to be a Wings fan. Hopefully this is an omen for the Stanley Cup playoffs. Red Wings players as a whole were probably the most impressive group of NHLers from one team in the tournament.

agreed. Without the Red Wings 5 on the swedish team we wouldn't have won the gold. They played outstanding.

Vanucks

Apr 25, 2003
Rogers Arena?
Reminds me of the good ol' Canuck Swedish legion for the start of the 03/04 season.

Naslund
Ohlund
Sedin
Sedin
Arvedson
Lindgren
Hedberg

Then again, it didn't work out too well for the Canucks.... or Arvedson, Lindgren and Hedberg.

Hmmmm.

GO WINGS!

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Epsilon said:

It would be awesome if the Swedish Quintet from the Olympics can join Shanahan and Yzerman (2002) and Ken Morrow (1980) in the exclusive win the gold medal and the Stanley Cup in the same year.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The Red Wings won gold.
The Stars won silver.
The Predators won bronze.
:)

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Osprey said:
The Red Wings won gold.
The Stars won silver.
The Predators won bronze.
:)

......The Rangers won Bronze.

Jagr, Straka, Malik, Rucinsky

to Nashvilles

Erat, Vokoun Zidlicky

;)

StealingSociety

Feb 20, 2006
Seamus O' Toole said:
those Rangers really showed up against the Russians ;)

Yeah you're right, I was thinking that it was more of a Nashville win since they were the ones that pretty much won the game especially Vokoun. Quantity-wise though it was the Rangers and with 4, would've been 5 if Prucha didn't get injured, and to think they still have Sykora and Rozsival as Czechs. :biglaugh:

Edit: Jagr WAS however largely responsible for Zidlicky's goal. Oh and Zidlicky used to be Rangers property. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->