Red Wings vs Islanders

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Stop watching **** in slow motion and acting like that's what happened.

You're in a very small group along with apparently one linesman that miraculously has made the NHL that is going to agree with that being called a major penalty.

Still it is a play Bertuzzi doesn't need to make in the first place and it can break bad to becoming that. But I would expect the NHL will rescind his match penalty tomorrow. It was that bad of a call, they should actually have to wipe it out tomorrow.

Reactions: gbdet and TheMule93

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I like Tatar with Z or Nielsen.

I wouldn't mind just switching Mantha and Tatar.

I would like to make this change.

Tatar was just really poor tonight, he kept also killing the plays AA and Larkin were creating for him to make.

He gave the puck away all over, missed all of his shots. I was stunned by how poor he was playing, I also don't remember him winning any battles. But I think it is time to reunite the kid line for the stretch drive. We need to see it together. Let Bertuzzi slide in for whichever one of Tatar or Nyquist is traded here. That should be your top 6 until the end of this year.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Alright Blash those vets we need to PK just got spin cycled. Address it for once, don't pretend it was just the young guys. That is tired. A bunch of well traveled vets completely unraveled in a situation where they all know better.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Lol, Bert was responsible for 4 goals in 5 minutes? He must be a hell of an effective player - I'm not sure if Crosby has ever been personally responsible for 4 goals in 5 minutes...

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Just finished the game. I want Blashill to healthy scratch Bertuzzi for the rest of the season. What a complete idiot he is. And Mrazek may have just screwed whatever small trade value he may have had.

Terrible night to be a DRWs fan. No silver lining came from this game. None.

Reactions: Pomee

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Clutterbuck should be suspended for his insane overacting dive of the decade there. Bertuzzi barely hit him, and gets the gate, while Crosby hacks Methot's pinky finger off and gets nothing, UNREAL! Of course they score 4 goals on an unjust 5 min major PP. Ridiculous penalty call.

Reactions: gbdet

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Just finished the game. I want Blashill to healthy scratch Bertuzzi for the rest of the season. What a complete idiot he is. And Mrazek may have just screwed whatever small trade value he may have had.

Terrible night to be a DRWs fan. No silver lining came from this game. None.

Bad penalty or not

What sort of digusting players allow 4 goals in one 5min penalty kill?

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
glad I missed this game. looks like mrazek has crash landed back to earth.. again

bertuzzi's slash should have been a 2 minute penalty at most and clutterf*** should have gotten a penalty for diving.

Reactions: gbdet

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Four players chose to allow the puck to get to the net in the first place.

Blaming mrazek is weak

Mrazek has to make a stop.
It's hard to point to real bad goals, but there were stoppable goals by the same respect.

That said, I'm happy Mrazek got lit up.
Maybe it'll keep teams from calling for him. And maybe they'll call for Howard instead.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Four players chose to allow the puck to get to the net in the first place.

Blaming mrazek is weak
Just like the times when Howard has let in a bunch of goals and none of them were "technically" his fault, you as a goaltender need to be big enough to get in front of some of those.

When you let in 7 goals on 30 shots or so, you deserve a decent portion of the blame.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Mrazek has to make a stop.
It's hard to point to real bad goals, but there were stoppable goals by the same respect.

That said, I'm happy Mrazek got lit up.
Maybe it'll keep teams from calling for him. And maybe they'll call for Howard instead.

Would much rather KH trade Mra7ek for whatever he can get. He won't be coming back and will be gone for nothing. You're suggesting bad asset management and it ill-advised for a rebuilding team.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Just like the times when Howard has let in a bunch of goals and none of them were "technically" his fault, you as a goaltender need to be big enough to get in front of some of those.

When you let in 7 goals on 30 shots or so, you deserve a decent portion of the blame.

Of course

But four goals in the same 5min pk lands squarely at the feet of the skaters

The pk was atrocious

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
The only winner tonight was me. I was at the game. Until we scored the 5th goal. Then I left, because I forgot my credit card in a restaurant and I needed to drive there before they closed. I left right as Clatterbuck was wriggling on the ice. Then my friend emailed me the score.

The Wings looked OK but could not sustain any pressure. The main reason they got as many goals as they did was the Isles' goalies. They were shit. But what was even worse than shit was a total lack of any chemistry between Larkin and TTBoy. TT was awful. Every play died on his stick.

Obviously I cannot comment on that comeback because I wasn't there, but it's clear we don't have defense or a goalie.

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
Would much rather KH trade Mra7ek for whatever he can get. He won't be coming back and will be gone for nothing. You're suggesting bad asset management and it ill-advised for a rebuilding team.

I'll send you Greiss and Hickey for him... ;)

Two awful teams with terrible goaltending and horrific defense plus bad systems on top.

The NYI have no discernible system other than give up as many shots as possible - they give up by far the most in the league, plus the most goals against - and the RW clog all 5 players in front of their goalie leaving the points wide open as if its bottom-level beer league, thinking no one has a slapshot worth paying attention to.

That said, the officiating tonight sucked as has been far too often this season, with the call against Hickey for tripping to have been ridiculous as he never touched the guy, and a 5 minute major for Bertuzzi's slash a joke. He taps Clutterbuck in the protected front of his hockey pants and Cal being Cal, crumbles like a coffee cake. Should have been hit with at most a 2 minute minor, with Cal getting an embellishment call.

No one is ever out of the game against the NYI, and with their top 6 are never out of a game, though this one was a gift.

Neither team going anywhere this season so in the end, what difference does it make?

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
I'll send you Greiss and Hickey for him... ;)

Two awful teams with terrible goaltending and horrific defense plus bad systems on top.

The NYI have no discernible system other than give up as many shots as possible - they give up by far the most in the league, plus the most goals against - and the RW clog all 5 players in front of their goalie leaving the points wide open as if its bottom-level beer league, thinking no one has a slapshot worth paying attention to.

That said, the officiating tonight sucked as has been far too often this season, with the call against Hickey for tripping to have been ridiculous as he never touched the guy, and a 5 minute major for Bertuzzi's slash a joke. He taps Clutterbuck in the protected front of his hockey pants and Cal being Cal, crumbles like a coffee cake. Should have been hit with at most a 2 minute minor, with Cal getting an embellishment call.

No one is ever out of the game against the NYI, and with their top 6 are never out of a game, though this one was a gift.

Neither team going anywhere this season so in the end, what difference does it make?

It doesn't as long as you guys stay ahead in the standings and we get a higher pick :D

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
No one should be allowed to complain about this game. This is exactly what everyone wants isn't it? Exciting lossess? Kids that make mistakes? Goals, but not wins?

I don't know why there's a need to argue where the blame goes. We lost, awesome. It was a fun game, even better. Some kids got points, cherry on top. Move on to the next one, hope to lose that one as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad