Confirmed with Link: Red Wings re-sign Marchenko 2 years 1.45m/yr

snailderby

Jul 10, 2010
Glad to hear it. If he stays in the top 6 or even works his way into the top 4, this will be a good deal. If not, it's a low-risk signing. Strong and simple game. Seems to have a good head for the game.

LowFive

In Stevie We Trust
Jun 19, 2014
I like this deal. Marchenko is the second best Dman the Wings have when it comes to defensive play. Dekeyser on the top pairing and him on the 2nd really gives us good balance with defensive defenseman. 1.45M/yr is is great price for what he brings.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I'm actually happiest about this deal out of the 5 we've done so far. 1.45M is pretty much pocket change in this day's league. And he's *at least* a good bottom pairing player. Personally I think he's a decent #4. Willing to use his body, looks for the play, patience with the puck. Obviously a bit unseasoned and could use a bit more experience but overall I love where his game is headed.

Love dem Ruskies. Even the unheralded prospects and players are looking for that smart hockey IQ play. And that's where the league is headed.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Please stop what?

Point is, there should be no complaints about minimal money contracts, that literally every single teams has tonnes of.

This is the Internet. You are going to get one complaint from every single thing. Don't expect that to change. Ever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad