Red Wings proud over Swedish players

Status
Not open for further replies.

SChan*

While other NHL teams will dock the players to pay if they miss games, it seems the Red Wings has another attitude. Pure Class. :handclap:

SAN JOSE -- Red Wings coach Mike Babcock took pride in the gold medal-winning efforts of his team's Swedish contingent Sunday.

Babcock agreed.

"They're the next wave," he said. "No one who watched the Olympics can't think that Zetterberg's the next wave or Kronwall, who only played two games.

"Obviously we're real fortunate that we have good players here in Detroit. They show it internationally, and they show it in the National Hockey League."

Red Wings general manager Ken Holland was understanding of the situation, although he originally expected Kronwall, an injury substitution for the medal round, to return in time to play Tuesday.

"They just played eight games in 12 nights," he said. "And then to expect those four Swedes who played the entire tournament to travel all day on Monday and play here on Tuesday and Wednesday, was going to be 10 games in 15 days. ... How do you not let Nik Kronwall go when the other four are going to celebrate the gold medal?"

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060227/SPORTS05/602270392/1053

SChan*

Epsilon said:
All of us Wings fans are proud of them as well. :handclap:

The Wings organization is pure class as usual. :clap:

I have never been a wings fan, but they're going up latley in my book. :clap:

Coffee and 7's*

I just want to say that earlier I was depressed over Fedorov not being in Detroit anymore and some other stuff in the organisation... I'm over that now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad