Red Wings Prospect Tracker - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I threw it out in the thread as it closed, but I think a big comparable for Mantha in the NHL if he pans out is Jeff Carter, especially the wing version of him. Probably not as good defensively, but Mantha is probably a better passer. Big smooth skating sniper that can change a game even if he has been silent for parts of the game and can be physical but isn't all the time, but if you engage him that way he will push back plenty.

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada
I threw it out in the thread as it closed, but I think a big comparable for Mantha in the NHL if he pans out is Jeff Carter, especially the wing version of him. Probably not as good defensively, but Mantha is probably a better passer. Big smooth skating sniper that can change a game even if he has been silent for parts of the game and can be physical but isn't all the time, but if you engage him that way he will push back plenty.

I could see that and it would be b e a utiful to have

Anchor Town*

Somewhere between Neal, Vanek, and Carter is a good comparable for Mantha

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Did Mantha miss any Q-games during the 2 game subway series thingy? Or is the whole CHL taking a break during these? When is his next game?
He didn't miss games. All three leagues have a break during their 2 games vs the Russians. Val d'Or play today and tomorrow.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Did Mantha miss any Q-games during the 2 game subway series thingy? Or is the whole CHL taking a break during these? When is his next game?

no he didn't, team didn't play. no chl wasn't on a break. and he plays today against ouellet's former team.

edit. slowwww...

and yeah, chl isn't on a break but the particular league that is playing (whether ohl, whl or qmjhl) against russians, doesn't have games.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
no he didn't, team didn't play. no chl wasn't on a break. and he plays today against ouellet's former team.

edit. slowwww...

and yeah, chl isn't on a break but the particular league that is playing (whether ohl, whl or qmjhl) against russians, doesn't have games.

Well in the OHL's case the Super Series takes a break over the weekend for them to play their games. Same general point, guess it depends on which way you want to look at that statement.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Question. Do my eyes deceive me or does the Red Wings Roster website list Trevor Parkes amongst the current forwards with the team? http://redwings.nhl.com/club/roster.htm

If so, why is that? It's because of that odd occurrence that I can't get a certain Sesame Street song out of my head.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
nash is more of a one-man-show, a puck hog. nash doesn't rely on he's shot nearly as much.

carter/neal/heatley would be my best comparison on playing style.
From what I saw, and from the
talk surrounding him he reminds me of a young Todd Bertuzzi. Yes, I remember Bertuzzi in junior. A big kid with great hands, who could go to the net virtually uncontested and yet be criticized for not using his size. Young Bertuzzi without the clutch and grab, and free of Milbury....amazing potential.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Not quite as high end as the guys youre all saying but I dont think JVR is a terrible comparison.

Uses his size in the corners and everything but doesnt throw it around a whole lot.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Why do we feel the need to pin a comparison on Mantha? I'm sure he'll be bits and pieces of a lot of guys at the end of the day. Let's just let him develop.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Looks like Mantha will have a tough time staying ahead of Drouin in the scoring race. Actually, I think his chances at the title are pretty much gone without an injury etc. Not that he should be too bummed about it, Drouin is unbelievable in the o-zone.

Mantha has 5 goals in his last 11 games, compared to 16 in his first 11 games.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
Looks like Mantha will have a tough time staying ahead of Drouin in the scoring race. Actually, I think his chances at the title are pretty much gone without an injury etc. Not that he should be too bummed about it, Drouin is unbelievable in the o-zone.

Mantha has 5 goals in his last 11 games, compared to 16 in his first 11 games.

Halifax and Val D'Or are two totally different teams as well. Harder to score when you're dragging the team with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad