Prospect Info: Red Wings Prospect Depository IV - A New Thread About Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Jokerit had kind of a team skills competition today and Pulkkinen won the hardest shot part. 161 km/h which is pretty much exactly 100 mph. Not too shabby.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Imagine him filling out his frame. Kid has the potential to be something special.

Yes, filling out will likely be very important given he's not the most physical defender. He's a very good positional player and if he's a solidly built 6'2" then that should work out just fine.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Jokerit had kind of a team skills competition today and Pulkkinen won the hardest shot part. 161 km/h which is pretty much exactly 100 mph. Not too shabby.

With Sproul, Frk and Pulkkinen coming in shortly, the Wings have added a ton of firepower in the heavy shot department.

BeersHockey

Jun 15, 2011
Chicago, IL
Why is no one talking about Alan Quine? Guy has good size (6ft, 181 - little light) has been over a ppg the past two seasons, supposed to be good in both zones and has above average speed. Is this guy just flying under the radar because his name isn't european, or are there real issues?

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Why is no one talking about Alan Quine? Guy has good size (6ft, 181 - little light) has been over a ppg the past two seasons, supposed to be good in both zones and has above average speed. Is this guy just flying under the radar because his name isn't european, or are there real issues?

Nah, he's been getting some love if you look through the thread. Many of us are optimistic with what we've seen, particularly this season.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Here's an article on DeKeyser and another NCAA free agent whom the Wings seem to be interested in signing.

Dan DeKeyser: "To date, DeKeyser has played in 33 games, posting 15 points (two goals, 13 assists). He logs nearly 30 minutes of ice time per game playing alongside senior Luke Witkowski (TBL) as part of one of the nation’s most dominant defensive pairings."

Andrej Sustr: "While his gigantic frame is certainly one attribute that NHL teams like about Sustr, what has impressed them even more is how effectively he uses it. Sustr takes full advantage of his size, strength and wingspan in moving opposing players off pucks and taking away their time and space."

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Here's an article on DeKeyser and another NCAA free agent whom the Wings seem to be interested in signing.

Dan DeKeyser: "To date, DeKeyser has played in 33 games, posting 15 points (two goals, 13 assists). He logs nearly 30 minutes of ice time per game playing alongside senior Luke Witkowski (TBL) as part of one of the nation’s most dominant defensive pairings."

Andrej Sustr: "While his gigantic frame is certainly one attribute that NHL teams like about Sustr, what has impressed them even more is how effectively he uses it. Sustr takes full advantage of his size, strength and wingspan in moving opposing players off pucks and taking away their time and space."

Babcock would be in heaven

sooooooo muchhhhhhhhhh thicknessssssssssss

homer_simpson_drooling.gif

:sarcasm:

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
Dekeyser, Sustr, Sproul, Smith, Ouellet, Backman, Marchenko, Lashoff, that's a pretty solid pool if we get those two guys

Aug 6, 2012

A 6'8 physical defenseman is Babcock's dream.

cupforwings09

Mar 30, 2010
Michigan
I hear andreas athanasiou's name quite a bit, but it doesn't seem like there is a lot of hype around him. He seems to be dominating right now. Does anybody have any insight on this kid? Is he one of our better prospects?

Aug 6, 2012
I hear andreas athanasiou's name quite a bit, but it doesn't seem like there is a lot of hype around him. He seems to be dominating right now. Does anybody have any insight on this kid? Is he one of our better prospects?

Tall kid but still pretty light. He's already an elite skater, apparently one of the fastest in the CHL, and probably the fastest in our pool (maybe Jensen). He's got realgood hands too. Really broke out after being traded out of London where he apparently had some problems with the coach/management about ice time. I think he has huge potential, kind of like Jurco, but its hard to tell until I see him in pro hockey.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

From what I've heard of Dekeyser he could actually play in the NHL next season. The wings need stay at home guys and hes got the size for the NHL already. Is he much of a hitter?

Sustr sounds awesome too. If they could land both of them I would be pumped but I highly doubt that will happen. 6'8 physical guy paired with Ericcson would be ****** for forwards

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
From what I've heard of Dekeyser he could actually play in the NHL next season. The wings need stay at home guys and hes got the size for the NHL already. Is he much of a hitter?

Sustr sounds awesome too. If they could land both of them I would be pumped but I highly doubt that will happen. 6'8 physical guy paired with Ericcson would be ****** for forwards

I honestly have no idea how much of a hitter DeKeyser is at this point. I know we have at least one WMU student/hockey fan here so hopefully they can provide a bit of a scouting report. I checked out Bronco Hockey Hotstove which covers the hockey club but I couldn't find much as far as a description of DeKeyser's play. Sustr does sound very intriguing, I just have no idea how well his game will translate to the NHL, other than being NHL sized...and then some.

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan

He player tough on the boards like Kindl, but not quite as strong yet. Everything he does is fast and repetitive. He's going to need time to get used to the pro game for sure.

TNigs

60 mins of Hell
Jul 29, 2012
Hockeytown
All I want to know about Andrej Sustr is can he skate? Is he closer to Hal Gill or Tyler Myers? Size is nice but you can't just be a pylon.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Frk 1+2
Quine 1+0 & 3rd star
Ouellet 0+0
Hudon 0+0
Nedomlel 0+0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad