Red Wings gearing up for playoff push

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Regner writes for the franchise. He gets his checks from Olympia Entertainment.
He's trying to keep tickets selling.

I get it, but this is along the lines of water is wet. The team isn't going to give up. It is really unusual when a group does that. Last years Avs, some of the Lions teams we have unfortunately watched. It is unusual for the actual dressing room to give up at the professional level.

We are going to read a lot of these things for the next couple weeks. But we have the important indications already out there that management has called it a day on this season and is looking at a lot of options.

Last edited:

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I get it, but this is along the lines of water is wet. The team isn't going to give up. It is really unusual when a group does that. Last years Avs, some of the Lions teams we have unfortunately watched. It is unusual for the actual dressing room to give up at the professional level.

We are going to read a lot of these things for the next couple weeks. But we have the important indications already out there that management has called it a day on this season and is looking at a lot of options.
I'll be interesting to see what the carrot changes to in these articles, once the team is mathematically eliminated.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Red wings has dissent chance to get near playoff spot if they start playing trap defensive game

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017

I don't expect a coach or players to give up.
But the story and headline come off as silly.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Articles about how the players and team don't want to give up doesn't really bother me. It would, however, bother me if the articles written were interviews about how heartless our kids and our million dollar professionals are; how easily they give up; the locker-room doesn't have a competitive nature and no pride what-so-ever. That would bother me.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
”Red Wings determined to make no effort in final 34 games”

”- We’ve got to bring our B-game, Blashill said.
-There’s no point in trying.”

”The message reached the players loud and clear.
- It’s going to be easy, we’re going to take shifts off and make mental mistakes and not having to care about it feels good, says Anthony Mantha.
- I’m planning lots of weekend partying and offseason travels. It’s good knowing that next season will probably be the same story so no need for offseason training, he continues.”

”Zetterberg knows his plans:
- I’ll be asking for a trade, I want to try and win and this team doesn’t. It’s been a fun time here but now I want out”

”Youngster Larkin was quiet, but when asked about his future on the team he looked up and exclaimed ”F*** this sh*t!” before walking away. Andreas Athanasiou was asked about the reaction:
- He wants to win. He’s a fool. No big deal, more icetime for me.”

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
”Red Wings determined to make no effort in final 34 games”

”- We’ve got to bring our B-game, Blashill said.
-There’s no point in trying.”

”The message reached the players loud and clear.
- It’s going to be easy, we’re going to take shifts off and make mental mistakes and not having to care about it feels good, says Anthony Mantha.
- I’m planning lots of weekend partying and offseason travels. It’s good knowing that next season will probably be the same story so no need for offseason training, he continues.”

”Zetterberg knows his plans:
- I’ll be asking for a trade, I want to try and win and this team doesn’t. It’s been a fun time here but now I want out”

”Youngster Larkin was quiet, but when asked about his future on the team he looked up and exclaimed ”F*** this sh*t!” before walking away. Andreas Athanasiou was asked about the reaction:
- He wants to win. He’s a fool. No big deal, more icetime for me.”

I think this is what some people around here would rather read in the headlines. It's mind boggling.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I'm sure Arizona is also gearing up for a playoff push too.
350.png

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
The appropriate response isn't "lol we suck," it's "we have to focus on developing our younger players and getting them going at the highest level." Pretending like this team is going somewhere in the playoffs is nonsense and insults everybody involved. It's lazy propaganda.

Apparently the Wings org would rather lie and sell some tickets than tell the truth and face the music. That's gross. It might be good business, but it's dishonest and manipulative.

Reactions: jkutswings

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
The appropriate response isn't "lol we suck," it's "we have to focus on developing our younger players and getting them going at the highest level." Pretending like this team is going somewhere in the playoffs is nonsense and insults everybody involved. It's lazy propaganda.
It's like asking a team that's down 0-3 in a 7-game series to talk about what they're going to do to be better next season. We may have a 2% chance at playoffs but until we're technically eliminated the players and coaches simply can not talk as if they've given up. It's not about propaganda or lies it's just how sports works. You think Belarus talked about the development of their next generation when they went up against a superstar Sweden team in the 2002 Olympic quarterfinals? No, the bastards fooled themselves into thinking they had a chance and made history. You think Sweden gave up when they were down 1-5 after half the game against a dominant Finland in the 2003 WC Quarters? No, that team with among others Zetterberg didn't give up and they won that game 6-5 and every swede old enough to remember that game remembers it as fondly as any Gold Medal. Crazy things happen in sports. It will probably not happen for this team but the last thing you want is the players and coach throwing in the towel with almost half the season left.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
i'd prefer them to not bullshit everyone when nobody is buying it

like in the NBA teams are very open about rebuilding and tanking

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
It's like asking a team that's down 0-3 in a 7-game series to talk about what they're going to do to be better next season. We may have a 2% chance at playoffs but until we're technically eliminated the players and coaches simply can not talk as if they've given up. It's not about propaganda or lies it's just how sports works. You think Belarus talked about the development of their next generation when they went up against a superstar Sweden team in the 2002 Olympic quarterfinals? No, the bastards fooled themselves into thinking they had a chance and made history. You think Sweden gave up when they were down 1-5 after half the game against a dominant Finland in the 2003 WC Quarters? No, that team with among others Zetterberg didn't give up and they won that game 6-5 and every swede old enough to remember that game remembers it as fondly as any Gold Medal. Crazy things happen in sports. It will probably not happen for this team but the last thing you want is the players and coach throwing in the towel with almost half the season left.
Nobody is asking the players to focus on next year. The team still trying to win each and every game is just fine.

The point being made is that it's stupid to write an article about it. There's nothing new or informative or even interesting about what was said. It's literally a handful of paragraphs to elaborate on, "still here, still trying".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->