GDT: Red Wings @ Dallas Stars - 8:30 EST - FSD

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
It’s been a glaring problem. I’ve seen him act like a clown in his own zone with the man advantage more times than I can count and it’s only been 3 games.

He and Z are my favorite players on the Wings but I'd admit Green is a character. He has shifts like he's in pick-up game, trying funny stuff almost to entertain himself. Super skilled but he makes goofy mistakes. Not sure how concerned he is with the fate of the Wings but at this point I don't blame him.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
The truth is that Mantha is performing well enough to earn more ice time, and actually, Nyquist is probably earning less ice time. However, chemistry is important too. Right now, they have two lines that work. If they move Mantha, maybe they become a one line team. Plus, we're only three games in.

I mean, ice time, shoot. He probably should have an assistant captain "A," based on his performance so far. But it's too early in the season to really know for sure.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
I just don't know why Blashill didn't wait til Arizona to start Mrazek. It's a back to back anyways. Then Howie in Vegas. Team plays differently in front of Howard. They seem more confident. Guaranteed we would have gotten at least a point tonight if Howie played.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I just don't know why Blashill didn't wait til Arizona to start Mrazek. It's a back to back anyways. Then Howie in Vegas. Team plays differently in front of Howard. They seem more confident. Guaranteed we would have gotten at least a point tonight if Howie played.
Pretty sure they have the goaltending starts scheduled out for the month. Petr probably knew he was starting this game weeks ago.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Just got back from the game...boy oh boy.

E and Jensen were very noticeable tonight for all the wrong reasons along with Mrazek. Well, Mrazek did get better after allowing that 3rd goal.

The first goal you could see coming right away. Right before they scored I told my friend, "All that traffic they're about to score" and sure as sh*t they did.

Mantha stood out a few times. I really wish I had my camera ready when he was cherry picking. Mantha was at the Stars blue line, Stars D was in the middle of the red line and our blue line, while Dallas was entering the zone. I really do wish he was a bit more greedy with the puck. He should be controlling the puck on that line not Larkin.

Tatar and Nyquist had a few funny moments as well. I think it was Tatar that bounced off a Stars player...friggin hilarious. Making good passes still seems like an issue on their line as well. They were doing a good job in the corners, but after fishing out the puck a pass would be off the mark.

You can definitely tell when Frk is on the ice. He will be the player in the offensive zone with his stick in the air ready to release his slap shot.

Two very memorable moments from the crowd tonight. A Stars fan that looked like Santa was getting a huge pop when they would put the camera on him. But then 1 fan upped him. A male ginger decided to flash the crowd, showing off his hairy chest with puffy nipples....what was seen can't be unseen.

Reactions: martinez

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Just got back from the game...boy oh boy.

E and Jensen were very noticeable tonight for all the wrong reasons along with Mrazek. Well, Mrazek did get better after allowing that 3rd goal.

The first goal you could see coming right away. Right before they scored I told my friend, "All that traffic they're about to score" and sure as sh*t they did.

Mantha stood out a few times. I really wish I had my camera ready when he was cherry picking. Mantha was at the Stars blue line, Stars D was in the middle of the red line and our blue line, while Dallas was entering the zone. I really do wish he was a bit more greedy with the puck. He should be controlling the puck on that line not Larkin.

Tatar and Nyquist had a few funny moments as well. I think it was Tatar that bounced off a Stars player...friggin hilarious. Making good passes still seems like an issue on their line as well. They were doing a good job in the corners, but after fishing out the puck a pass would be off the mark.

You can definitely tell when Frk is on the ice. He will be the player in the offensive zone with his stick in the air ready to release his slap shot.

Two very memorable moments from the crowd tonight. A Stars fan that looked like Santa was getting a huge pop when they would put the camera on him. But then 1 fan upped him. A male ginger decided to flash the crowd, showing off his hairy chest with puffy nipples....what was seen can't be unseen.

Nothing like watching in person, nice to hear your perspective.

It wasn't a bad game from the Wings. Out-chanced the Stars in the 1st and kept up with the pace all game. We have our moments. The disappointment is from what so many have said before, the lack of elite talent. We have NHL players that can skate relatively well but so few that can dominate. I think the Wings will be more entertaining than last season while finishing lower than 6th in the standings. Win-win. :nod:

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
In case math is not your thing, Mrazek let in 1 (one as in a single) bad goal this game. It was really bad, but it was just one (1).

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com

only thing i can think of is they were showcasing him but that still wouldnt make sense. why play him against a better team then AZ? This team is puzzling to me. I still do not understand how someonel ike Witkowski gets into the lineup. Guy is utter shit.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Mrazek played like a backup. Doesn’t matter if he let in 10 bad goals. He put up backup numbers

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
Like the kid line again. Always feel Tats and Nike are better apart than together. I'd be tempted to swap Abby and Nike soon, cos our 3rd line has no scoring threat. Was nice to see Abby get a nice easy PP goal due to Frk fear from the Dallas D.

Surely Booth has to be in ahead of Witkowski?

A shame Mrazek let that weak one in, as other than that he made some good saves and had no chance on either of the other two goals. The first was just what happens when you are on a poor run...even luck deserts you.

Unsurprisingly our D is still poor. Green is still piling on the points, and DK and Daley would be fine playing a little less minutes as a pair, but Jensen and Ericsson are struggling *(shock)* and Oulette looks what he is...a decent 3rd line d playing above his level.

Dallas are good though. They've finally got a proper goaltender, and some of their young D have improved, and Radulov and Janmark being able to play again give them some real punch up front.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Mrazek played like a backup. Doesn’t matter if he let in 10 bad goals. He put up backup numbers
I'm not sure I care about his numbers last night.

Seguin's goal could never be saved by any human being, the first was flukey but I guess you can put it on Mrazek, the last goal was downright bad - but he played really well after that.

Reactions: Red Stanley

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad