GDT: Red Wings @ Coyotes | 10:00 EST | FSD

Roy S

May 16, 2009
Green's start to the year is crazy. He's gearing up for that free agency payday this offseason.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
It annoys me that Mantha is utilized in the net front role during the PP. His shot and vision are so good, seems like a waste. Then again he is 6"5. Meh.

Reactions: golffuul

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Crazy game. Didn't think we would make it with all the dumb penalties. Great game by Howard kept us in it. Larkin is really starting to come into his own. Looking like a solid centerman in the league, now.

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
Amazing that our goalie is out scoring or tied with Daley, goose, tatar, Sheahan, Daley? Who am I missing... 3rd period power play... Tatar goose and Daley eat up 3/4 the time yet green, frk, Larkin and Mantha on the bench... Sad bench management

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Mantha looks downright lost to me at times and it makes me wonder if he could just be dumb. We might have to entertain that possibility. He's got a nose for the net and has mad skill but he looks like he doesn't know where to be through the first 175 feet of the ice. He might just need a while to internalize the defensive and neutral zone tendencies of a regular NHL player.

I think it would really help if Z were his center. Not because Z is the man but because Z is the only solid playmaking center we have. Larkin is more of a north/south center who is focusing on fleshing out his own game and Nielsen is basically a cog in a machine whose functionality is dependent on the skill and IQ of his wingers. Maybe Nielsen could work with Mantha down the road but right now I think the best for our buck would be to stick Mantha with Z.

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
Mantha looks downright lost to me at times and it makes me wonder if he could just be dumb. We might have to entertain that possibility. He's got a nose for the net and has mad skill but he looks like he doesn't know where to be through the first 175 feet of the ice. He might just need a while to internalize the defensive and neutral zone tendencies of a regular NHL player.

I think it would really help if Z were his center. Not because Z is the man but because Z is the only solid playmaking center we have. Larkin is more of a north/south center who is focusing on fleshing out his own game and Nielsen is basically a cog in a machine whose functionality is dependent on the skill and IQ of his wingers. Maybe Nielsen could work with Mantha down the road but right now I think the best for our buck would be to stick Mantha with Z.

I kinda agree but Mantha is only what 40 games into an NHL career and already leading this team? Usually guys in his role get to sit back seat, which he doesn't get the luxury of doing. He is merely out of rookie stage. And I trust him a lot more to create offense the 90% of our team

Sorry probably closer to 60, but either way less then a season at 82... What's scary is tatar and goose still looking lost at 4 years.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
Nyquist has zero points through four games on the first line. In fact, that first line had zero points together tonight. The newly adjusted second line had no points together either, whereas it had been productive prior to the change.

I think Frk needs to reunite with Mantha and Larkin. He's earned it. Abdelkader didn't work there anyway, but he's had some success with Z. So move him up with Z and Tatar and move Nyquist down to the third line. Or put everything back to how it was the first 3 games and give Nyquist one more game to get it going.

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
Out side Mantha, Larkin, green Howard and frk on the PP it is exactly what it is... A team just picking up poibts when it can and a dumpster fire.... Goose and tatar will never carry the team and are redundant. Best mode... When we fall apart and we will first Injury to the 5 I mentioned trade green and one of tatar and Nyquist in a real draft... Where we can Land svech/Dahlin and a Merkley... Do it... Asap... The downfall and pain of our organization will be Holland trying to save his job by making playoffs

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
I'm not liking the FML line. So far it seems like they chase the puck more than having actual sustain pressure in the offensive zone.

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
Best way to summarize this team when we win a cup again, the only ones with the possibility of having their names on it are Mantha and Larkin.... Everyone else is either to old, not living up or what they needed to or simply a complimentary piece... Helm, Glenny, goose, tatar, evert defender and goalie, and the list goes on... Will all be gone before we sniff a cup again...

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I kinda agree but Mantha is only what 40 games into an NHL career and already leading this team? Usually guys in his role get to sit back seat, which he doesn't get the luxury of doing. He is merely out of rookie stage. And I trust him a lot more to create offense the 90% of our team

Sorry probably closer to 60, but either way less then a season at 82... What's scary is tatar and goose still looking lost at 4 years.

He's played 74 NHL games. He hasn't exactly been a world beater when it comes to entering any new leagues (at least for his age group), so I'm not going to lose sleep over it now, but it is food for thought. He might just not have the highest IQ or have a sharper learner curve.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Check out the menu on the Red Wings plane tonight:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 2.45.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 2.45.38 AM.png
    728.5 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: Reddwit

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
...I think it would really help if Z were his center. Not because Z is the man but because Z is the only solid playmaking center we have. Larkin is more of a north/south center who is focusing on fleshing out his own game and Nielsen is basically a cog in a machine whose functionality is dependent on the skill and IQ of his wingers. Maybe Nielsen could work with Mantha down the road but right now I think the best for our buck would be to stick Mantha with Z.

I'd agree a shakeup is a good idea for Mantha. 5-5 both top lines are getting very little done. Mantha and Z had some great chemistry last year. Neither Frk or Abdelkader are 2nd line players, I think they both are hampering what Larkin and Mantha could possibly generate together. It's tough to find better alternatives with a team so full of 3rd liners. I know people hate this but may be give Helm a shot on the 2nd.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Check out the menu on the Red Wings plane tonight:

This is awesome! I'd love to know how you got a shot of this. In-N-Out burgers?!? We can trade anyone who doesn't order one of those. (As long as they aren't from the Vegas area InNOuts. Those are meh.)

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Was a great game tonight guys. Larkin looked great.
Frk continues to hit the net with his slap shot.
Ericsson was playing well.

Here is some inside info i got from my contact:

Kronwall says he doesn't like time off not playing, his injuries start to hurt more that way. So ideally he is hoping to keep playing and get into a groove for the year.
Raanta couldn't sit on the bench very long in this game, his groin is pulled badly. He will be out a little while.
Bergeron looks good, was in glendale skating prior to their game, he should return very soon if not ready already.

Here is the really cool inside info:

Kenny Holland is really upset about the AA situation. Kenny is a very bright guy. 1.9 M x 2 years is the offer on the table for AA. AA does infact want 2.5M. And Kenny has actually pondered raising his offer. but he thinks 1.9M is a fair offer. Ken Holland doesn't even really want AA back, (AA is not well liked by coach or GM), but he is afraid AA is good enough to score 30G for some other team. And he really doesnt want to give him away. (their is a mix of feelings here obviously)
AA also feels like he deserves 20Min a game, and should be on the top powerplay. the reason the coaches dont like him as much as us fans sometimes, is he doesnt do "the little things" well. he is missing details, and focusing on what he alone determined to be how to excel in this league. He is wrong. He should take the 1.9M, play like an allstar, then get paid the big bucks after.

I would say FRK is stealing his job right now. And it would be interesting to see whether Kenny might actually make a trade involving AA at some point. (although I personally doubt it)

Last edited:

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
This is awesome! I'd love to know how you got a shot of this. In-N-Out burgers?!? We can trade anyone who doesn't order one of those. (As long as they aren't from the Vegas area InNOuts. Those are meh.)

Probably wouldn't be wise for me to say. I posted it because its kind of proof i actually have a contact and not making stuff up... but i dont want to say who my contact is (he/she) probably wouldn't appreciate that. But lets just say this contact is in a position to have conversations with Ken Holland directly. So I think it is really cool to ask this person things. And relay some of he/she says to you fine hardcore wings fans :)

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Probably wouldn't be wise for me to say. I posted it because its kind of proof i actually have a contact and not making stuff up... but i dont want to say who my contact is (he/she) probably wouldn't appreciate that. But lets just say this contact is in a position to have conversations with Ken Holland directly. So I think it is really cool to ask this person things. And relay some of he/she says to you fine hardcore wings fans :)

Then by all means, keep your mouth shut! We don't need to know everything. Little tidbits here and there are more than welcome. Thanks for the info!

Reactions: BinCookin

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Amazing that our goalie is out scoring or tied with Daley, goose, tatar, Sheahan, Daley? Who am I missing... 3rd period power play... Tatar goose and Daley eat up 3/4 the time yet green, frk, Larkin and Mantha on the bench... Sad bench management

too be fair we had possession of the puck almost the whole time. there really was not a good window to change that one shift.

I'm not liking the FML line. So far it seems like they chase the puck more than having actual sustain pressure in the offensive zone.

also to be fair, none of our lines "sustain pressure" much, except our 4th line.
but the FML line is exciting, i would keep using it.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
If Nyquist and Tatar don't start scoring there needs to be a serious revamp in ice time. It's like they're doing what they've always been doing and everybody knows their moves by now.

More defensemen need to contribute aswell to sustain any offense in the long term. I think Green getting all the points right now is some luck though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->