GDT: Red Wings @ Coyotes | 10:00 EST | FSD

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Wee late night hockey I can't be arsed to stay up and watch.

http://www.foxsports.com/arizona/st...s-red-wings-630-p-m-fox-sports-arizona-101217

GLENDALE, Ariz. — The Arizona Coyotes have a new coach, a new system, a roster filled with new players, a newly developing rivalry — and, if their first three games are any indication, some familiar issues.

Issues they’ll hope to begin resolving Thursday night as the Detroit Red Wings visit Gila River Arena.
Inconsistent goaltending, a lack of go-to scorers and uneven play along the blue line all were issues last season as the Coyotes went 30-42-10. So far, a coaching change from Dave Tippett to Rick Tocchet and a roster overhaul that brought in proven players such as center Derek Stepan and defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson to add to a mostly young cast hasn’t fixed that.

A loss to Anaheim in which the Coyotes led 4-1 and back-to-back defeats to the expansion Vegas Golden Knights are forcing Tocchet, never known for tolerating poor execution as a player, to develop patience in his first NHL head-coaching job.

The Coyotes (0-2-1) fell behind Vegas 4-0 in the first period of the Golden Knights’ first home game Tuesday and never caught up, losing 5-2 in a performance that disappointed Tocchet because of the team’s lack of competitiveness.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Looks like we'll be seeing Raanta with another start after that Vegas debacle. No word on Detroit's starting goaler, games on back to back nights, but I'm assuming it's Howard in net tonight.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Projected lines from Winging It In Motown as of 9 hours ago:

Tatar - Z - Nyquist
Mantha - Larkin - Frk
Abby - Frans- Helm
Wikowski - Glendening - Sheahan

DeKeyser - Daley
Ericsson - Green
Ouellett - Jensen

Howard

Domi - Stepan - Keller
Kempe - Dvorak - Duclair
Perlini - Cousins - Fischer
Crouse - Richardson - Rieder

OEL - Hjalmarsson
Goligoski - Demers
Cannauton - Schenn

Raanta

A tale of two Raanta's? He was in poor form in Vegas but he was an absolute beast in the Coyotes home opener against the same team.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
With Smith and Doan gone it's hard to work up any dislike for the Coyotes game tonight.

I guess there's Domi?

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Free upper bowl single 222/A/13 for anyone that may be headed to Westgate. My seat was generously upgraded by a Coyotes ST holder. It's a physical ticket so we'd have to meet before game or I can leave at will call. Will update if claimed.

Edit: CLAIMED

Last edited:

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Confused by Blash switching up lines. Maybe this will boost Frans, but same old stuff from Blashill. Changes lines for no reason. Brilliant!
The only reason I can see it is to try to get 3 offensive lines, but it's f***ing Pejorative Slured.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Nielsen is still a decent center. With Helm forechecking Nielsen might be able to find Frk a few times.
I think this is more about Abdelkader being rewarded than Frk demoted.
Frk had a couple glaring turnovers last game, though, so maybe there is some demotion aspect to it.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Someone actually wanna post what these new liners are or nahhhhh

All I’ve seen is stuff on Twitter where they’re the same as last game.

Reactions: Reddwit

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
These next 2 nights will really determine what kind of team we'll have this year. A speedbump in the NHL and an expansion team. If we can't beat these 2 teams. It'll be a long season. Can't wait for the shitshow.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I don’t mind Frk moving off that line. I don’t love it because I’d love to see him grow with the other kids but it’s not like he’s making that line go. Everyone is seriously playing blind to Frk’s abilities right now. He’s been very mediocre for the majority of his time and he’s being gifted shot after shot. It’s great that he looks like he can play in this league - his skating actually looks competent - but he hasn’t been anything special despite being singled out for set-ups.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->