GDT: Red Wings @ Blackhawks - 12:30 -NBC

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Great game by the Wings! That is not how I was expecting this game to go.

Really good game by Mrazek! Thanks Petr for bolstering my argument in the other thread. :laugh:

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
that will probably never change. But i like his aggressive forechecking and improved two way game a lot, and he's a better playmaker than tatar

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Mrazek played well, though I didn't think Chicago were all that threatening, certainly not like Pittsburgh was yesterday.

f*** Chicago

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Never a bad win against the hawks, shutout, even better.

f*** the hawks, glad they're skidding but I'd rather they have a first round exit than a chance at Dahlin, those assholes would win the lottery before us I know it.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Great game by the Wings! That is not how I was expecting this game to go.

Really good game by Mrazek! Thanks Petr for bolstering my argument in the other thread. :laugh:
I thought the Blackhawks would shred us to pieces but man was I wrong. Detroit looked shot out of a cannon at the start and did a great job nullifying anything they tried to get going. Very good game from the Wings.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
I still think he's way too soft on the puck along the boards.
If you ever have a chance to stand next to him you'll realize why he's so soft. Add the fact that Swedes aren't really known for their aggressivness and you get Nyquist. Still nice to see him doing something to boost his value

Good SO by Mrazek, didn't really face much but who cares, it's a SO against Chicago

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Never a bad win against the hawks, shutout, even better.

**** the hawks, glad they're skidding but I'd rather they have a first round exit than a chance at Dahlin, those *******s would win the lottery before us I know it.
If NBC has anything to do with it, yep, Chicago would win the lottery before us

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
If NBC has anything to do with it, yep, Chicago would win the lottery before us

Yep. NBC would fix the lottery for Chicago.
A few years ago, everyone said NBC fixed everything for Pittsburgh.
Now all the Wings fans cry that they'd fix it for Chicago.

I guess back in the day people bitched that the league was fixed for Detroit. I dunno.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
That was beautiful. I have fond memories of going to the United Center when it was a home venue for Detroit (and St. Louis). Results always seemed favorable. Like this.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I think Chicago pretty much no showed but good on the Wings to take advantage and play solid.

The NHL draft lottery is run by a billion dollar company that would never risk their reputation for the crackpot conspiracy theories that are often brought up with it. That is basically something all of the leagues did after the Ewing saga as a protection.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Yep. NBC would fix the lottery for Chicago.
A few years ago, everyone said NBC fixed everything for Pittsburgh.
Now all the Wings fans cry that they'd fix it for Chicago.

I guess back in the day people *****ed that the league was fixed for Detroit. I dunno.
It was more or less commentary on how deep NBC has their nose in Chicago's ass, at least when it's a Detroit vs Chicago game. Journalistically, it's embarassing.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
It was more or less commentary on how deep NBC has their nose in Chicago's ass, at least when it's a Detroit vs Chicago game. Journalistically, it's embarassing.

Says the Wings fan.

I heard the announcers praise Detroit and criticize Chicago all game.
I guess if your standard is Kenny and Mickey, then I can see how you'd think NBC has their nose in Chicago's ass.

I don't think I've ever read you complaining about Daniels or Redmond being a homer, now that I think of it.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Says the Wings fan.

I guess if your standard is Kenny and Mickey, then I can see how you'd think NBC has their nose in Chicago's ass.

I don't think I've ever read you complaining about Daniels or Redmond being a homer, now that I think of it.

I thought they did a very good job today. I love when Ferraro does any game though so I will fully admit that.

You could hear Eddie O was disgusted with the Hawks. All three guys pointed out it basically looked like Chicago was more focused on their break than the game. I dread the NBC crew a lot, but they were pretty fair today. I think that was really that Ferraro is nowhere near the fanboy that Pierre is and just in my opinion is the best color/bench guy going in hockey. His analysis is on the game, not where they went to high school or whatever story he feels like telling. I always like the way he hands out criticism and praise in a game. Mike Johnson is another guy that is underrated in this regard for me.

I will point out Daniels is a different guy on national broadcasts. He gets it that way. I think Eddie O can have it happen where he forgets he is on the national broadcast but with the Hawks no showing he didn't need to worry about it.

I really wish NBC's #1 team was John Forslund and Ray Ferraro.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Says the Wings fan.

Honestly Olczyk is usually awful and blatantly biased towards the Hawks for an NBC commentator. It's one thing for a local broadcast but another for a nationally televised game.

That being said, I thought Olczyk was actually good today. Maybe because the Wings led the whole time, who knows.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
I'm no fan of Olczyk either.
And I get the difference between a national and local broadcast.

But it's funny hearing guys who don't seem to mind Ken and Mickey being 100 percent homers complain about the "journalistic standards" of a national broadcast team.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I have no real problem with guys doing it on local feeds. Having lived in Chicago for a short period of time, it was interesting that Eddie O is more over the top on the local Comcast Sports games. I think that also impacted how I feel about him on the national level. He still throws in a clunker performances, but he is actually toned back some.

It is worth noting that both Ken Daniels and Mickey have done national stuff in their past and don't call games in nearly the same manner when they do.

Like I said to me, I think Eddie O who is a Chicago guy, that played for the Hawks and now has been employed by them as the commentator and really one of the faces of Hawks hockey struggles at time. He is in fact pulling back though more often than not in terms of how he calls games.

But what it got me thinking today is maybe I am not noticing how often Pierre leads him down the rabbit hole. I thought he was very good today and it is because when they went to three man discussions they really stuck to hockey and providing deeper analysis of the game in my opinion.

When he does a bad job and is a homer, I do think he should be hammered for that behavior and he is when he does that on HF. But I am not sure it happens every time out.

To somewhat explain Pierre, I think he is just that much of an excited dorky guy. But I don't really find that to be as reasonable an excuse when he is ruining my hockey enjoyment with some of his calls.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Says the Wings fan.

I'm no fan of Olczyk either.
And I get the difference between a national and local broadcast.

But it's funny hearing guys who don't seem to mind Ken and Mickey being 100 percent homers complain about the "journalistic standards" of a national broadcast team.
Ugh, you do a whole lot of assuming. Just remember, when you assume, you make an ass out of you and me. But I'm guessing you already knew that. Oop, there I go assuming stuff now. Silly me.

Play by play really wasn't that bad today, at all. It would have been interesting to see how it would have went if Chicago went up 2-0 early in the game because historically, I'm not sure how anyone can argue NBC isn't biased towards Chicago. But did you catch the first intermission? I had to turn it off, didn't even bother watching the second but I'd be willing to bet it wasn't a segment featuring the Red Wings or Larkin.

When have you heard me say anything about any announcers outside of this game? Never. So there you go assuming even more shit. What's truly funny is the stuff you make up to prove a point to yourself.

Mickey loves his ginger ales and being a homer, I thought this was common knowledge? Maybe it's not. My standards were / are Dave Strader. Darren Panger is pretty damn good too.

But, have a good night brother, feel free to assume more shit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->