Red Sox fire John Farrell

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Apparently per multiple people, Brad Ausmus is the favorite to become the new Redsox manager

Would be a great move by Dumbo..... :naughty: kills me that Sox fans really think hes going to convince Jimmy Leyland to come out of retirement.

Not really a surprise. Once again the old "let the boys be boys" attitude sunk a Boston manager.

What Red Sox fans should really fear is Dombrowski being in charge of a good old fashioned early-mid 2000's Yankees style free agent bonanza, giving away any prospect who isn't tied down. Of course, they're welcoming it. They want Stanton, JD Martinez, Moustakas, etc etc etc.....

I cannot wait until their free agency signings follow the tradition of Crawford/Sandoval/Price etc and completely bomb. Then after praising Dumbo for signing them, they will call for his head and have to start all over again. ShitSox fans can say goodbye to the Cherington days of hoarding prospects and spending frugally in free agency.

On the bright side with him in charge, they'll never exceed signing bonus limits or bonus pool money :laugh:

But Boston is above doing what "The Evil Empire" does...:laugh:

Seriously the inferiority complex of these Red Sox fans makes me sick. They constantly contradict themselves

Its complete BS when the Yanks go out and spend millions in free agency but when they do it its fine because they have to "catch up to them." But hey when your team is way behind in success and championships, I guess you gotta play the victim/little brother card all the time. Only for it to fail miserably.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Almost all of the Red Sox major prospects have arrived and are becoming established. There isn’t a need to hoard prospects anymore. At this point a competent GM is supposed to fill in the rest of the holes with valuable free agents to complete the team. That is how almost every good team is built: a combo of home grown talent and either trades or free agent signings.

That’s not what the Yankees used to do. They would just shell out huge amounts of cash and buy everyone and said “f*** it” to building a minor league system. They would even admit that. Just because things have changed and Cashman finally decided to build a team in the minors for the first time in my lifetime doesn’t mean hoarding prospects is the only way to go. And in fact you could make a case the only reason Cashman turned heel and did that was because his job was in jeopardy and the old guard was becoming decrepit.

Hilarious hearing Yankees fans say that considering that’s something the team just started doing. Welcome to doing things the way the rest of the league has been for years.

Sep 19, 2008
Almost all of the Red Sox major prospects have arrived and are becoming established. There isn’t a need to hoard prospects anymore. At this point a competent GM is supposed to fill in the rest of the holes with valuable free agents to complete the team. That is how almost every good team is built: a combo of home grown talent and either trades or free agent signings.

That’s not what the Yankees used to do. They would just shell out huge amounts of cash and buy everyone and said “**** it” to building a minor league system. They would even admit that. Just because things have changed and Cashman finally decided to build a team in the minors for the first time in my lifetime doesn’t mean hoarding prospects is the only way to go. And in fact you could make a case the only reason Cashman turned heel and did that was because his job was in jeopardy and the old guard was becoming decrepit.

Hilarious hearing Yankees fans say that considering that’s something the team just started doing. Welcome to doing things the way the rest of the league has been for years.

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
This is an amazing statement. I assume whatever he did that was fireable was done awhile ago so why not fire him weeks, months, whatever ago? I think Dumbrowski has no concept of words and their meaning.
Seems like a completely unnecessary thing to say when everybody was more than willing to accept that it was his job performance that got him fired.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

That’s not what the Yankees used to do. They would just shell out huge amounts of cash and buy everyone and said “**** it” to building a minor league system. They would even admit that. Just because things have changed and Cashman finally decided to build a team in the minors for the first time in my lifetime doesn’t mean hoarding prospects is the only way to go. And in fact you could make a case the only reason Cashman turned heel and did that was because his job was in jeopardy and the old guard was becoming decrepit.

Lol right on cue. ShitSox fans acting like they are the "good guys" .... GFOP called the inferiority complex... was just a matter of time.

And at least the Yankees admit it, unlike Boston.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
https://www.boston.com/sports/bosto...n-to-interview-ron-gardenhire-for-manager-job

The search for the next Red Sox manager is beginning to come into focus. With former Red Sox infielder – and current Astros bench coach – Alex Cora scheduled for an interview, another name is reportedly in the mix.
Ron Gardenhire, who was the Diamondbacks’ bench coach in 2017, is reportedly a candidate to replace John Farrell. According to Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic, Boston asked permission to speak with Gardenhire:

Gardenhire managed the Twins from 2002-2014, winning the division six times. In 2010, he was named AL manager of the year.

Not a bad choice, a veteran manager would do them some good.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
gardenhire would be a good choice but i really hope they hire ausmus for the lols

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They won't be able to resist Alex Cora, I'm sure of this.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Lol right on cue. ****Sox fans acting like they are the "good guys" .... GFOP called the inferiority complex... was just a matter of time.

And at least the Yankees admit it, unlike Boston.

That’s not what I said.

Deny that the part you bolded is untrue. The Red Sox have spent tons of money during offseasons, but not always. The World Series team in 2004 was not built that way and neither was the 2007 World Series team or the 2008 team that was arguably better than the 2007 team.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I think hiring Gardenhire would be a great move provided that his health allows him to manage.

He was the bench coach for the D-Backs this season so I imagine he is in good shape.

That’s not what I said.

Deny that the part you bolded is untrue. The Red Sox have spent tons of money during offseasons, but not always. The World Series team in 2004 was not built that way and neither was the 2007 World Series team or the 2008 team that was arguably better than the 2007 team.

I am not denying the Yankees have splurged in free agency, just stating the B-Sox are just as guilty of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->