Red Line new ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tadite

Feb 27, 2002
Rhode Island
Visit site
slats432 said:
If Robbie Schremp drops past 10, I would be surprised.

With all this Russian uncertainty and this year being filled with high level Russian Prospects I wonder if we are going to see a move towards College and Easier to sign players?

People could rise not becaue of talent but because of signability...

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Ahhh yes, the always entertaining RLR. I'm going to restrain myself from bashing it but I will say I'm a bit surprised to see Shawn Wellar on the rising list. This guy can be a good NCAA player but I don't think he's even close to being a "pretty safe bet" to make the NHL. He really does not have a great scoring touch and while he's a decent sized guy he is really not much larger than 6'0. His skating is fluid but not exceptional by any means.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Tadite said:
With all this Russian uncertainty and this year being filled with high level Russian Prospects I wonder if we are going to see a move towards College and Easier to sign players?

People could rise not becaue of talent but because of signability...

The agreement expires in September right?

Its a good point. My bet is that it wont affect drafting when it comes to the top end talent in the 1st round. There'll just be extra pressure to get them signed early.

Tadite

Feb 27, 2002
Rhode Island
Visit site
Stevex said:
The agreement expires in September right?

Its a good point. My bet is that it wont affect drafting when it comes to the top end talent in the 1st round. There'll just be extra pressure to get them signed early.

Hard to sign a guy when his home team or even home army starts to make demands....

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Aleksandr is another rendering that you occasionally see.

When you get right down to it, it's not really technically correct unless it's in Cyrillic. It's more or less phonetic, and there is no single, absolutely correct and unassailable way to spell it in the Latin alphabet.

Jeff Goldblum

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
Russians use completely different symbols, so there can be no one correct spelling for his name in English. Or any Latin-based Language.

Dr_Chimera*

Drake1588 said:
Aleksandr is another rendering that you occasionally see.

When you get right down to it, it's not really technically correct unless it's in Cyrillic. It's more or less phonetic, and there is no single, absolutely correct and unassailable way to spell it in the Latin alphabet.

There's no rendering. Certain complex words cannot be transferred from cyrillic, others can.

Alexandr isn't complex. I can speak the language - it's Alexandr - nothing else.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Mick_Travis said:
There's no rendering. Certain complex words cannot be transferred from cyrillic, others can.

Alexandr isn't complex. I can speak the language - it's Alexandr - nothing else.
Well if you're going to say that it's correct not to have an 'e' in there, how can you say it's correct to have an 'x'? Russian doesn't have one letter for that sound(s).

Dr_Chimera*

Seachd said:
Well if you're going to say that it's correct not to have an 'e' in there, how can you say it's correct to have an 'x'? Russian doesn't have one letter for that sound(s).

you're right - it's aleksandr, to be more specific.

katodelder

Apr 22, 2004
Brock said:
Interesting That Redline reports about this John Carter guy as well.

Proving to be a very interesting situation.

Yes, VERY interesting. Tonight is the first I hear of one John Carter. I'm getting a Vladimir Guerrero vibe from reading what little there is out there of him. Natural talent, things you can't teach, totally raw. If harnessed, the type of talent and storyline that could turn a lot of people on to this beautiful game. I have a feeling we'll all know who John carter is soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad