Red Dead Redemption 2 (October 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB

Just not feeling the protagonist, worried that I am getting Michael, Franklin or Trevor. A group that could not keep playing GTA 5 for long. Nor did I get much of a feel of scope or breadth, which made RDR so engrossing. And, well showing me mini-games isn't going to do much. Mostly wish I had not seen the trailer, but won't use it to make a decision as to whether I will play it.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Just not feeling the protagonist, worried that I am getting Michael, Franklin or Trevor. A group that could not keep playing GTA 5 for long. Nor did I get much of a feel of scope or breadth, which made RDR so engrossing. And, well showing me mini-games isn't going to do much. Mostly wish I had not seen the trailer, but won't use it to make a decision as to whether I will play it.

What mini games??

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Oh they showed Five Finger Fillet again?? I didn't notice it.

Not exactly. But it’s kind of implied I think. I don’t think they will show any mini games in any of the trailers

He could also be talking about the mini game of breaking a horse but that’s like important

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I hated it but then I figured it out and it was actually really fun. I’ll probably hate it when I play red dead again

Yeah once you figure it out it's as easy as pie. However that horsebreaking mission you have to do for Uncle near the end of the game is a real pain in the ass.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
So you're going to be a debt collector in this game? Cool.

Also, that stampede mission was easily the most annoying part of that game

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Yeah once you figure it out it's as easy as pie. However that horsebreaking mission you have to do for Uncle near the end of the game is a real pain in the ass.

I had to have help with that my first playthrough cause I was just really bad at it and never figured it out.

I forgot about that mission. If I have trouble doing it when I play again I’ll probably just stop at that misson

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
A prequel would make a lot more sense and it'd avoid the problem of having to play as Marston's **** bag of a son

The problem of having a sequel is RDR is set in 1911 and John's son isn't an adult until World War One. The Wild West isn't just almost over by then, it's completely over.

Prequel was always the only way they could go, and it's confirmed to be what they're doing. How much earlier, who knows, Marston leaves the Van Der Linde gang in 1906 when they leave him for dead. I'd imagine RDR2 will start sometime around 1895 (give or take five years) and end sometime on or before 1906

Reactions: x Tame Impala

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
You could do it set in the same time period but in a different location. I don’t think we need to play as johns son if it isn’t a prequel

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
All this game does for me is make me want a new Call of Juarez game.

Not the newer drug cartel one... a REAL western one like the first or second one. Or even that arcade game.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Don’t even know why rockstar announces games at this point. Won’t be shocked if it’s delayed again to be honest.

I think we all know the reason why it’s delayed as well.

This game is coming out on PC if any of you are wondering. Unless rockstar changes their plans on that

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I don't even remember what the previous release date was.

Damn, I'm getting old.

At least it makes waiting for games a bit easier!

Reactions: Pilky01
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->