Red Dead Redemption 2 (October 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Console is a much larger market, so it makes financial sense.

Or...at least, it would, if they had to choose between the two..but I don't see why that would be the case.

Either way, I'll probably be picking this one up for PS4. I'm excited.

Console is not a bigger market

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
But will it be better than the first game's soundtrack? That is the million dollar question.

Far Away is probably one of the best songs i've ever heard in a game. It just fits so well.

Jose Gonzalez in general should get more love. Dude's got this song, and then a pretty good song in Life is Strange too.

The pains of being an indie artist i guess...:laugh:

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
So stoked. RDR is my favourite Rockstar game so this will definitely feel like an eternity until release date.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Steam's user base is bigger than XBone and PS 4 combined.

Disclosure - I am a console gamer.

I'm sorry, but this is like saying that the mobile market is more profitable than consoles because everyone has a phone, but not everyone has a PS4.

$60 a pop with little to no concern of piracy means the money is on consoles for AAA games, period.

Hell, my 9 year-old nephew has a Steam account...which consists of Minecraft and...that's about it because he doesn't have any money of his own to buy games with.

Remember that Rockstar's last flagship game sold 29 million copies within 6 weeks of release just on the PS3 and 360 alone at ~$60 a pop.

Last edited:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
But will it be better than the first game's soundtrack? That is the million dollar question.

Far Away is probably one of the best songs i've ever heard in a game. It just fits so well.

Jose Gonzalez in general should get more love. Dude's got this song, and then a pretty good song in Life is Strange too.

The pains of being an indie artist i guess...:laugh:

I'm more of an ambient guy (although I have all of Gonzalez's records as well)

For me the standout track in RDR was

Steam's user base is bigger than XBone and PS 4 combined.

Disclosure - I am a console gamer.

A market is a more than just the user base though.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I'm more of an ambient guy (although I have all of Gonzalez's records as well)

For me the standout track in RDR was

A market is a more than just the user base though.

Holy memories with these songs :laugh:, just reminds me of how well RDR was done, and how much I loved it.

I agree with the console PC thing though.. I've had a steam account for years, haven't played a PC game in years :laugh:

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
RED dead with better multiplayer

I'm hoping for RD Online. GTA V style. That would be amaaaaazing.

I mean, hard to put a finger on what you'd want in RD2, I'd want more of the same, but more in depth, bigger, prettier, and smoother of course.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Well if you're asking what I want to see...it'd be multiplayer completely stripped and a verifiable mountain range of single-player content.

Just don't ignore single-player content post-launch like GTA V did.

Reactions: CoyoteSkyDiver

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Hoping for an epic single player with a campaign on par with the depth and length of witcher 3. Unachievable more than likely...but main point being I just want a great story, personally could care less about multi-player for it.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Well if you're asking what I want to see...it'd be multiplayer completely stripped and a verifiable mountain range of single-player content.

Just don't ignore single-player content post-launch like GTA V did.

This, this, this, this, this.

GTA Online could have been so awesome if they had single player options available. For me, anyways.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Bummer that it's coming out in Fall of 2017. I hope it isn't equivalent to FarCry 4 where the previous game was so amazing and new that they can't really improve on it with the sequel so it's essentially a copy of the last game set in a slightly new environment.

The trailer was only a minute long but it doesn't look like it's taking place in the future. If I had to guess you're John Marston again but the young version when he was still in the thick of being an outlaw.

You probably have to get respect of all of the gang members until you're in the gang. Spend some time doing outlaw ****, realize it's not what you want to do, then fight your way out and leave, ultimately getting shot in the stomach. The game would end where RD1 began.

...or you get to be Bigfoot and go on a baby-eating rampage :laugh:

Last edited:

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Bummer that it's coming out in Fall of 2017. I hope it isn't equivalent to FarCry 4 where the previous game was so amazing and new that they can't really improve on it with the sequel so it's essentially a copy of the last game set in a slightly new environment.

The trailer was only a minute long but it doesn't look like it's taking place in the future. If I had to guess you're John Marston again but the young version when he was still in the thick of being an outlaw.

You probably have to get respect of all of the gang members until you're in the gang. Spend some time doing outlaw ****, realize it's not what you want to do, then fight your way out and leave, ultimately getting shot in the stomach. The game would end where RD1 began.

...or you get to be Bigfoot and go on a baby-eating rampage :laugh:

I mean, that's a pretty solid prediction :laugh:, I love John Marston, but I'm interested to see how they pull this off, because let's face it, we know how his story ends. Knowing the first game as well as I do, will this story be able to draw me in like the last? I guess we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->