Red Dead Redemption 2 (October 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
This, Mass Effect and I think Cyberpunk is going to make one awesome 2017 gaming year.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
LA Noire was pretty crappy...

La Noire is one of the greatest games of all time. I don't know of another game that was able to create an atmosphere like that, truly felt like time travel in a video game to another era. Tone, story, everything was damn near perfection.
If that's the definition of pretty crappy with Rockstar Games then I'll take anything they churn out as crap.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Cant wait, but If I had three nuts I would probably bet one of them that this game is getting delayed. Just a hunch, dont ask me why hehe. Was oping for a remastered version of the first game but I guess not :<

If it comes though, 2017 looks amazing!

IronMosher

I R Sharks Fan
Aug 5, 2003
Waddletown, PA
Visit site
La Noire is one of the greatest games of all time. I don't know of another game that was able to create an atmosphere like that, truly felt like time travel in a video game to another era. Tone, story, everything was damn near perfection.
If that's the definition of pretty crappy with Rockstar Games then I'll take anything they churn out as crap.

LA Noire is not one of the greatest games of all time. Not even top 100.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Just for that...

tumblr_oejf4kWlzo1u9tdblo1_400.gif

LA Noire was technically well done, decent story telling, good voice acting but...There wasn't anything worthy of note to do outside the main story, unliek with the GTA games and RDR. There was no replay value. Thus it was disappointing and I traded mine away soon after finishing it.

blue425

Apr 14, 2007
NYC
www.streetwars.net
Ugh. I will have managed to go four years before buying a current gen console, going to be a PS 4. There is no way my wife is missing this game.

Maybe they'll be even cheaper in a year. Also Dangun Feveron and Battle Garegga!

All-Star

Jul 14, 2003
Snake Mountain
Visit site
Why would Rockstar waste resources on rushing a PC version? It's more than likely all the PC gamers will still be neck-deep in Civ 6 at that point anyway (lucky ********).

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Gameplay was super mediocre though.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
LA Noire seemed to be specifically made for me, a film noir junkie set to move to LA the following year, and it failed to grab my attention past the first few hours...what a shame. Completely different development studio, though, one that hasn't existed since a couple months after LA Noire launched.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
I like LA Noire(it's actually a game I could play with my fiancee that she enjoyed), but there really was no reason to touch it after beating it. Also, some of the scenes were entirely predictable. You could tell right away that someone was going to run or try to flee.

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
What's funny about the whole PC vs. Console thing is that Rockstar developed their first two GTA games for PC first (GTA2 got a PS port a month later than Windows release). Yet from GTA 3 onwards, PC has been a second class citizen to them. I do wonder what the reason for this is.

Anyway, trailer looks nice (although all cut scene type stuff). I love western based games, there really aren't enough of them. Only ones worth looking at that I've played are RDR and Call of Juarez (Bound in Blood & Gunslinger).

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
looks good. I didn't care for LA noire. it was just boring to me. this should be good though. I may plug in RDR1 again.
also, I'm guessing it's a prequel?

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
I enjoyed LA Noire until your character becomes an adulterous ******* and you have no choice in the matter and very little insight as to why he decides to go that route. :laugh:. Personally if they were going to have him fall, I would have rather had it been due to his hero/perfection-complex causing him to misstep somewhere or to step on the wrong toes.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
What's funny about the whole PC vs. Console thing is that Rockstar developed their first two GTA games for PC first (GTA2 got a PS port a month later than Windows release). Yet from GTA 3 onwards, PC has been a second class citizen to them. I do wonder what the reason for this is.
Fairly easy to see what the reason is. DMA/Rockstar were relatively nothing companies when they were PC only. Rockstar as a console first company is probably top 5 in the entire world as far as volume moved and they do it with very few releases. Rockstar makes more money in 1 day of a console release than they do in 2 years of its PC version.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008

Console is a much larger market, so it makes financial sense.

Or...at least, it would, if they had to choose between the two..but I don't see why that would be the case.

Either way, I'll probably be picking this one up for PS4. I'm excited.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->